New to Jeeps... Wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > New to Jeeps... Wrangler

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Nick502

New to Jeeps... Wrangler

Hey, I'm new to the forum and the Jeep scene in general. I've always worked on cars so I'm mechanically stable pretty much on vehicles. My father has given me a 1995 YJ. Unfortunately it's a 4 cylinder. Now, I know Jeeps aren't race cars, but I need more power.
I'm looking forward into swapping a v8 (most likely a sbc) but I'm wondering what all I'd have to do as in. Which axles would be better because I know the ones I have sitting under the Jeep aren't the strong ones (d30/35 I think) can I put a 8.8 out of a mustang/explorer, what fronts should I use, coming to transmission I know a TH would be simple due to vacuum and not electronic ran, but then again I like a decent gas and there's no OD. So there's the 700, but it's electric and longer so what would I have to do. Not too familiar with the 4L60 or 4L60-E. Not sure if I want carb or fuel injection/throttle body I know I'd need different fuel pumps due to fuel psi.
And help would be great. As of right now she is bone stock, but I'm thinking of putting 31/10.5 under because I need new tires.

Any help would be extremely great.

Nick502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
ZSXJ430

Welcome. Not sure what other members will say, but I know one that will come up will be searching and reading. There is tons of information on here.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.