New to Jeep... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > New to Jeep...

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
cdellama
1953 M-38 

New to Jeep...

....well not really but this is my first jeep of this type. First of all I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you in advance for any info, tips, tricks, etc. you may be able to provide. My name is Chris and I have always wanted to restore a Willy's Jeep. My first car was a 1988 Jeep Cherokee Laredo that my dad bought new. It survived my dad, brother, sister and I and we finally got rid of it after it logged about 350,000 miles on the original motor. Needless to say I have always been impressed with Jeeps and I finally have the opportunity to restore a Willy's. I work as a ranch manager and stared a new job about a year ago and saw this jeep sitting on one of our ranches abandoned and I asked if I could have it. No one had any problems so I hauled it home.....It is definitely going to be a big project for me but thankfully I have a pretty well stocked shop and a few helping hands to give assistance when needed. Any way here are a few pictures of it on the trailer prior to heading home. To be honest I have no idea what year it is, what model or really any thing about it at all. So I guess I can let the questions begin with can anyone ID this model or give me some place to look for an ID or VIN #??? Thanks and I look forward to learning a lot from every one here.

cdellama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
cdellama
1953 M-38 

Sorry I just realized that my pictures won't show up until I am a member for 30 days and have 50 posts. Hopefully the links work okay or maybe the mods can change something to let them show up since they aren't inappropriate. Thanks for looking.
Unread 04-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdellama View Post
....well not really but this is my first jeep of this type. First of all I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you in advance for any info, tips, tricks, etc. you may be able to provide. My name is Chris and I have always wanted to restore a Willy's Jeep. My first car was a 1988 Jeep Cherokee Laredo that my dad bought new. It survived my dad, brother, sister and I and we finally got rid of it after it logged about 350,000 miles on the original motor. Needless to say I have always been impressed with Jeeps and I finally have the opportunity to restore a Willy's. I work as a ranch manager and stared a new job about a year ago and saw this jeep sitting on one of our ranches abandoned and I asked if I could have it. No one had any problems so I hauled it home.....It is definitely going to be a big project for me but thankfully I have a pretty well stocked shop and a few helping hands to give assistance when needed. Any way here are a few pictures of it on the trailer prior to heading home. To be honest I have no idea what year it is, what model or really any thing about it at all. So I guess I can let the questions begin with can anyone ID this model or give me some place to look for an ID or VIN #??? Thanks and I look forward to learning a lot from every one here.

Click freee

im gonna watch this one.. i love resorations..
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
cdellama
1953 M-38 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJdriver View Post
Click freee

im gonna watch this one.. i love resorations..
Thanks for helping me with the pictures. Don't hold your breath though, I think this is going to take me a while I am not looking to bring this jeep to museum quality by any means but just an authentic looking, functional vehicle to cruise around and have fun in. Thanks again
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:32 AM   #5
thetrashman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

enough said

My Build Thread
thetrashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.