New Guy with a '88 Comanche - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > New Guy with a '88 Comanche

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
Codycobra84
1988 MJ Comanche 

New Guy with a '88 Comanche

Hows it going everybody, I'm Cody. Just picked up a '88 Comanche LB 2wd 4.0 I-6 5spd about a week ago. Drove an hour to go haul it back. It's got 192,XXX miles on it and all it needed was a outer tie-rod put on it (plus a few other non major issues...or so I so I thought lol) for $300. The only real bad things are the rust issues over the fender in the rear and the rear bumper.

I'm not 100% what the plans are gonna be for it. So far I've added a set of newer Jeep wheels that I picked up for $50 just to help the look. Next thing up I think will be a 2 or 3 inch lift on it. Anyways on to the pics...

When I first got her home..

New shots from today at the G/F's house...

Codycobra84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
Cole99
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codycobra84 View Post
Hows it going everybody, I'm Cody. Just picked up a '88 Comanche LB 2wd 4.0 I-6 5spd about a week ago. Drove an hour to go haul it back. It's got 192,XXX miles on it and all it needed was a outer tie-rod put on it (plus a few other non major issues...or so I so I thought lol) for $300. The only real bad things are the rust issues over the fender in the rear and the rear bumper.

I'm not 100% what the plans are gonna be for it. So far I've added a set of newer Jeep wheels that I picked up for $50 just to help the look. Next thing up I think will be a 2 or 3 inch lift on it. Anyways on to the pics...

When I first got her home..

New shots from today at the G/F's house...

Click Free

There's always been something about Comanche's that I have loved...don't know what it is about them.

My 97 Build/Modification Thread.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/modifications-97-sport-pic-heavy-678029/
Cole99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 02:57 AM   #3
Codycobra84
1988 MJ Comanche 

Thanks, I tried to post it so there was no clicking, but it wouldn't work for me either time.
Codycobra84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
87warrior
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice to see another 'manche owner over here. Looks like you got a good deal on that truck. For Comanche specific issues, check out www.comancheclub.com. Any plans for the 4wd conversion?

The no clicky thing only works if you have been here for 30 days and have 50 posts.

PS - wanna sell me your tailgate? Mine is a little beat up.
87warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.