New 94 YJ owner - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > New 94 YJ owner

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #46
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Small update.....

I changed the oil and added a new K&N drop in filter.

I installed a set of back up fog lights. I think they will work out great. I haven't really tested them out at night, since it doesn't get dark until about 10 pm right now. Hooked up to a three way switch so I can turn them off, turn them on, or have them turn on when put into reverse.

I also picked up a set of "Jerry Cans" at a garage sell for $4 each. Got one painted up, will work on the other this weekend.

That leaves me with two other projects that I haven't started yet. One will be a cooler rack with mounts for the Jerry Cans.

The other......

White Jeep Club Member #711
IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hippies are stupid.
irish_loveAWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #47
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice Jeep...not hacked up like many on here.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #48
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Got my cooler rack in the other day. It's a Warrior Product Adventure Rack Warrior Products - Jeep - Adventure Racks . I ordered it from Roadless Gear, LLC Adventure Rack: Roadless Gear For Jeep Got it mounted up Friday afternoon. It's not quite as big as I had envisioned, but it will work out nicely. Here are some pics.

I'm going get a different cooler as I don't like how this one fits.

Also, my CJ7 tailgate won't work with this set up. I'll probably put it on craigslist or something.

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.

Last edited by irish_loveAWD; 07-04-2010 at 07:52 PM..
Unread 07-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #49
Kamikaze
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Very cool looking Jeep. I really like what you did with it. Still waiting to see the Soft 8 rims...
Unread 07-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #50
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Very cool looking Jeep. I really like what you did with it. Still waiting to see the Soft 8 rims...

Thanks.

The soft 8 rims are on the back burner right now.....way back. The rims on it now have really grown on me, so I'll be putting money elsewhere.

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.
Unread 09-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #51
jeep308
2004 WJ 

Enjoyed the read. I really like your jeep, it looks perfect, not overdone. I have been looking at a YJ with the 2.5. How is power in it with the larger tires and extra weight from your carriers. Keep the thread going. I want to see what is next.
jeep308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #52
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks....

The power isn't bad. I get around just fine around here, but I'm don't do much highway traveling. When needed, I can hit around 65ish on the highway. It is a pig on big hills though. 5th gear is pretty much useless in everyday driving. Off road, it's great! I keep up with the 4.0 Jeeps all day long. Haven't once been in a situation that I though more power off road would be needed.

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.
Unread 01-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #53
95riograndeman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Great Build! I just got a 4" Rough Country lift also for Xmass. How's the ride rough or the same as it was before the lift? I'm also debating between the BFG AT or your BFG MT. Does the MT's make a lot of noise on the road? Thanks and can't wait to keep following this build.
95riograndeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #54
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95riograndeman View Post
Great Build! I just got a 4" Rough Country lift also for Xmass. How's the ride rough or the same as it was before the lift? I'm also debating between the BFG AT or your BFG MT. Does the MT's make a lot of noise on the road? Thanks and can't wait to keep following this build.
The ride is ten times better than stock, then I took the sway bar and trac bars off and it got even better. It still rides like a Jeep, but much more tolerable.

Between the exhaust and music playing, I don't even notice road noise from the tires. They are a little sketchy in winter, even with the center lugs siped. You just have to be extra careful when driving, but it could also be that I don't have a lot of winter driving experience.

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.
Unread 01-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #55
95riograndeman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the response. I am getting my lift installed Tuesday and I actually decided against the MT's and also 33's. I got 32x11.5x15 BFG All Terrains and do you think that with the 4in lift that those tires will look too small or do you think they will be fine? I just didn't want them sticking out too much and I wanted more flex room. Thanks
95riograndeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #56
nohl75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm running the same setup (32x11.5x15 and a 2" Body lift). Nice Jeep. Here's mine

nohl75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #57
nohl75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just realized you are running a different set up now. I think you should get the Rock Sliders that have the built in tube step, it would look way better on your jeep. Those steps look funny with the 2" BL.
nohl75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #58
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95riograndeman View Post
Thanks for the response. I am getting my lift installed Tuesday and I actually decided against the MT's and also 33's. I got 32x11.5x15 BFG All Terrains and do you think that with the 4in lift that those tires will look too small or do you think they will be fine? I just didn't want them sticking out too much and I wanted more flex room. Thanks
I think the 32s will look and work great with the 4" lift. I have the 4" lift, plus a 2" body lift, plus a 1" shackle lift with my 33s.

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.
Unread 01-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #59
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohl75 View Post
Just realized you are running a different set up now. I think you should get the Rock Sliders that have the built in tube step, it would look way better on your jeep. Those steps look funny with the 2" BL.

I've thought about that. I really don't like these steps, so someday they will get swapped out.

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.
Unread 01-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #60
basemntboy21
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_loveAWD View Post
I'd also like a hard top and full steal doors. That would be nice before next winter.

My YJ came with a soft top and half doors so I picked up a hard top and doors from craigslist 2 years back. Best $350 I have ever spent. Gone are the days I have to stuff sweatpants into the half doors to prevent snow from coming in!!!
basemntboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.