New 94 YJ owner - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > New 94 YJ owner

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 07-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #16
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah...they are a little step in price. I like the idea of having the storage out of the way. I have plenty of gear to put in all those pockets.

irish_loveAWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #17
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Well, time for a little update. I finally came home for vacation and had a chance to get my hands on my Jeep. I installed the center console, Smitybuilt GEAR seat covers, Alpine CD player with iPod controller, and a sound bar. Put a ton of miles driving around town and a few trips to the mountains. Didn't get a chance to do any real wheeling yet though.

The center console is very wide. It barely fit in between the seats. When you lift the passenger seat up it is a real pain to put back down, as the seat belt buckle gets trapped on the way back down. Also, the screws that are used to attach the arm rest cover thing that open to the storage really suck. I ripped them out after about two minutes. I replaced them with some longer screws and it works out fine.

The sound bar is ok. It helps out at lower speeds with the sound turned up, I'll have to replace the dash speakers later. I might get that little pod that sits down by the shifter.

I also had the pacesetter headers and exhaust put on. Sounds pretty good for a 4 banger. I may have lost some bottom end torque, but not so much that I noticed.

That's all for this trip home. I just put it back storage until next year.

Next trip I absolutely have to replace the leaf springs. They are flat....not settled a little...they are flat. Any flatter and they would start to bow down. Right now the plan is an OME lift. I'll also have to get some new tires. I'm thinking some 32" BFG MT.

Last edited by irish_loveAWD; 10-16-2008 at 06:27 AM..
Unread 09-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #18
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Thought I'd throw up some pics I took of the GEAR seat covers. I love them. Very handy. I forgot to take pics of the center console, but you can see it a little in some of the pics.

Just another shot of the Jeep.

This is about the most action the Jeep saw while I was home.

Last edited by irish_loveAWD; 10-16-2008 at 06:28 AM..
Unread 02-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #19
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Got my jeepfourm.com sticker in the mail yesterday. I'll put it on when I come home this summer.

Been doing a lot of reading and thinking. The current plan, one that changes almost daily, is to order a 4" Rough Country lift and a set of BFG MT KM2 33X12.5X15 on a set of 15X8 Soft 8s in black. I love how those look on a white Jeep. I'll use my current rims for a set of ATs for winter driving.

That's the major change, some of the minor changes will be a Superwinch EPi9.0, some spot lights and fog lights, a set of rock sliders, hurc the tub, speaker upgrades, and set of full steal doors and a hard top (if I can find one in the area or someone willing to ship). I should have all this ordered and waiting to install buy the time I come home this summer for vaca. Then I just have to find a garage, some tools, and some extra hands to help me put it all together. If I can't get it done this summer, I'll be back for good this fall and will have plenty of time to do it then.

I can't wait!!!!

White Jeep Club Member #711
IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hippies are stupid.
Unread 02-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #20
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Good plan and choices!!!!
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #21
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I just ordered a pair of Hella 500 driving lights, Hella 500 fog lights, windshield mounts, and a set of rock sliders. Working on getting as much of the little things I can under the wifes radar right now. Hopefully around June I'll be getting my lift and new wheels and tires. Gotta send some e-mails to see what kind of deal the local tire shop can get me. I'd rather put money back into my town than a bigger retail store.

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.
Unread 06-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #22
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

You should take off the bra, unless the front end is sagging.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #23
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Small update....I ordered my RC 4" lift last week and a set of (5) 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ, a set of "CJ" style mirrors to mount on the windshield frame so I can go doorless. I also a set of 6X9 sound wedges and some speakers. Also, some eBay H4 headlights. That's all I can think of right now. Probably buy an amp for the 6X9s and a CB setup this week. I'll be home in a few weeks and I'll update with pics and such during and after install. I'm just really excited right now thinking about all the stuff I'll have to keep me busy.

I changed my plans a little as I do almost everyday. I'm not going to get the soft 8s, but rather keep the rims I have now. The winch will come a little later. So...hopefully I'll be updating in about three weeks with a more complete Jeep.

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.
Unread 07-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #24
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Well...I finally had the chance to get some work done to the Jeep while home on vacation. I installed (well had a shop install my tools are in storage) my 4" Rough Country lift with 2.2 upgraded shocks and steering stabilizer with a set of 33 KM2. The Jeep had a 2" body lift and maybe a 1" shackle lift already. Kept them both for now. No vibes, and runs pretty good. Still drives like a Jeep, but a lot smother than the flat stock springs. The spare will be in on Thursday. I also installed a pair of rock rails, Hella Driving lights on the windshield mounts, replaced the speakers in the sound bar and the dash. I'm having a set of light tabs welding onto the front bumper for a set of Hella fog lights. What else....oh, put my jeepforum.com sticker on and a few others. Took the bra off as other suggested. That's all I can think of right now. I also bought a Springfield Armory XD-40 to take along with me.

Here are some picks...

EEK!!!

Center Console (it's a really tight fight)

Pedo Bear

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.

Last edited by irish_loveAWD; 07-21-2009 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: added content
Unread 08-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #25
pitbullguiller
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Marine cover for the cd player will not fit on the YJ dash. I tried : (
pitbullguiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #26
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullguiller View Post
Marine cover for the cd player will not fit on the YJ dash. I tried : (

Now that I have my new head unit in, I see it will not fit. I can't even detach the faceplate on it right now. I have to trim the dash a little just to make it work right.

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.
Unread 08-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #27
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Does anyone know where I can find the diagram to wire your fog lights with a three way switch? I've been searching around, and can't find what I want. I know it's on here, as I've seen it a few times. Basically, I want my fog light switch to have three positions. Off, on, and on only when my brights are on. This way, I can just hit the brights and have my fogs on, and if a car is coming turn the brights off and the fogs will turn off at the same time.

Thanks...

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.
Unread 11-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #28
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Well....even though I don't get a lot of traffic on this thread I figure I'd post a few updates. I'm back from my overseas job and have had some time to give my Jeep some love. Here are some pics I took last night.

Fog lights mounted up.

New soft top, spare tire, and NM sticker

Sitting in front of the house....I just sort of like this pic.

A little flexing. Still had the front sway bar connected.

Took the track bars off last week. Everyone talks about how they don't notice, but I did. Granted I have to drive up and down rough twisty back roads just to get to town. It's a lot looser, but softer so it's a give and take. I just have to pay extra attention when driving.

I was having issues with the driving lights on the windshield. There was a ring of light around the edge of the lights. It was really bright and would shine back into the cab. Really put a strain on my eyes. I wrapped some black electrical tape around the edge, and that worked out great. I know the tape probably won't last very long, but at least I know how to fix the problem.

I didn't take a pic, but I also bought a set of these....

These things are beefy. I really like them. No other big plans right now. Gotta find a new job here in the states before I spend anymore money on it.

Thanks for looking....

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.
Unread 11-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #29
Douglas S.

Looks really good

How do you like the GEAR covers now that you've had them for a while?
Unread 11-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #30
irish_loveAWD
Green Newbie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I love them. Got tons of junk stuffed in them and still have room for more. Tools, first aide, blankets, etc.. They are pricey, but the functionality and storage was worth it.

IRISH CLUB #77
Old Jeep Thread

Quote:
Hippies are stupid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.