Nellyz - Yellow 2006 TJ Rubicon Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nellyz - Yellow 2006 TJ Rubicon Build

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*WJ Tube Doors Now Available!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #76
Jabos
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Angry-I know, the arched look goofy, right? Well, they grow on ya.

I went arched because I am going for a LCG rig. These are 6" flares. This is pure stock, no lift. It is a lot of room isn't it? Probably going 35s and hope no rub problems. If so I will just do a RE 2" budget boost. Whether you go arched or not you will be happy with Metalcloak.

Jabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #77
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortQjeep1 View Post
How much was the warn winch plate and which guard?
the warn winch plate was about $175 and the guard was about 175$ ish also (plus tax)

I'm in canada so the prices are more here than the US will pay. I picked them up from Lordco parts as they are close and convenient.
tramposhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #78
Redcrazzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build thread dude, I have a soft spot for Rubi's. I need to start my build thread for my Rubi soon. If you haven't already check out Imped and Pumpkinator's build threads if you're going LCG build. I am sure they're many others though. Never been a big fan of the yellow but I think yours looks good. Ill be keeping my eye on your build thread.
Redcrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #79
Jrolll09
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just stumbled on to your build and must say I am impressed! Great detail and enthusiam. I'm also running the same suspension package as you and am glad you went that route as well. It's a great setup and I'm very pleased with it. I'll be following this build. Cheers!
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #80
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcrazzy View Post
Nice build thread dude, I have a soft spot for Rubi's. I need to start my build thread for my Rubi soon. If you haven't already check out Imped and Pumpkinator's build threads if you're going LCG build. I am sure they're many others though. Never been a big fan of the yellow but I think yours looks good. Ill be keeping my eye on your build thread.
Nice thanks dude, i will take a look at those threads... in the mean time i'l saving cash for a new round of changes.... and bedlining my tub in the next few weeks
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #81
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabos View Post
Angry-I know, the arched look goofy, right? Well, they grow on ya.

I went arched because I am going for a LCG rig. These are 6" flares. This is pure stock, no lift. It is a lot of room isn't it? Probably going 35s and hope no rub problems. If so I will just do a RE 2" budget boost. Whether you go arched or not you will be happy with Metalcloak.
Its more of the 6" wide flare I dislike, the arched arent bad. Overlines I like a little more though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramposhay View Post
Nice thanks dude, i will take a look at those threads... in the mean time i'l saving cash for a new round of changes.... and bedlining my tub in the next few weeks
Save your time and money on bedlining the tub, I did it to my last jeep and it was a pita to clean. Almost impossible to be honest.

Its your jeep though itll look great just hard to clean thats all.
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #82
Redcrazzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I am more of a fan of the overline. I know that people with the monstalined tub said it was relatively easy to clean because it has a smoother finish than other tub liners. I say you'd be fine. Plus it looks awesome.
Redcrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #83
FortQjeep1
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramposhay View Post
the warn winch plate was about $175 and the guard was about 175$ ish also (plus tax)

I'm in canada so the prices are more here than the US will pay. I picked them up from Lordco parts as they are close and convenient.
I am also in Canada, Saskatchewan to be exact i was seeing if there was a good relatively cheap place to get stuff here
FortQjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #84
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrolll09 View Post
I just stumbled on to your build and must say I am impressed! Great detail and enthusiam. I'm also running the same suspension package as you and am glad you went that route as well. It's a great setup and I'm very pleased with it. I'll be following this build. Cheers!
The OME feels really good, i'm very happy with it so far also! Its been a few weeks now and the suspension is broken in now i think, Its even smoother than when it was first put in. I love it! Thanks for the build love, Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Its more of the 6" wide flare I dislike, the arched arent bad. Overlines I like a little more though.
Save your time and money on bedlining the tub, I did it to my last jeep and it was a pita to clean. Almost impossible to be honest.
Its your jeep though itll look great just hard to clean thats all.
unfortunately its law here in BC to have the fender flair's line up with or over hang the tire.
I've read some bedliners are kinda hard but monstaliner is much easier to clean, what liner do you have in your tub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcrazzy View Post
Yeah I am more of a fan of the overline. I know that people with the monstalined tub said it was relatively easy to clean because it has a smoother finish than other tub liners. I say you'd be fine. Plus it looks awesome.
I'm edging towards the overline also, Well yeah i ordered the monsta stuff last week so its gonna go in when it arrives! and i agree it does look great, i just hope that its not tooo hard to clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortQjeep1 View Post
I am also in Canada, Saskatchewan to be exact i was seeing if there was a good relatively cheap place to get stuff here
oops sorry i didn't look at your details, Yeah lordco is a warn distributor and they'll get any part for you if asked,(i guess saskatchewan has lordco?) just have the warn part number and a bit of patience because they dont usually sell the warn stuff, I wouldnt say they are cheap, but they are reliable and close. I also picked up the purple royal Tranny oil from there too.
Unread 02-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #85
FortQjeep1
2012 JK Wrangler 

oops sorry i didn't look at your details, Yeah lordco is a warn distributor and they'll get any part for you if asked,(i guess saskatchewan has lordco?) just have the warn part number and a bit of patience because they dont usually sell the warn stuff, I wouldnt say they are cheap, but they are reliable and close. I also picked up the purple royal Tranny oil from there too. [/QUOTE]

Great thanks for the info
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #86
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Took her wheeling the other day - unfortunately it wasn't fun! just logging roads up in the mountains and getting stuck in deep snow! the jeep performed well - much better than its stock height - but that bloody shovel really annoys me! I got to use the winch lots of times but almost had to sleep in the car - things were pretty bad - I don't like Snow wheeling alone and i probably shouldn't have gone so far in such fresh trails anyway here are a couple of pics!

this was about 60km down a logging road and you can see in this last pic i am on my way back from giving up And my diff had created a rather large indent in the middle of the rutts.

Lessons learned from this trip: Need Bigger Tires - Need Tummy Tuck - Need compressor - Take 2 Vehicles When encountering Snow!

Time taken door to door: 12 hours ....
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #87
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

No build updates, still saving $$ for some big changes... but last weekend I took her top off for the first time this year and hit some trails

Unread 04-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #88
Jrolll09
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Good Stuff. Looks beautiful. Look forward to an update.
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #89
mj24lyons
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Any updates????
mj24lyons is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.