Nellyz - Yellow 2006 TJ Rubicon Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nellyz - Yellow 2006 TJ Rubicon Build

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Reply
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #61
Ken Cooke
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramposhay View Post
Hey ken, Yep it can take a datastick it also has a ipod connetion and comes with ipod lead. also it has a headphone jack for anoything else

Its an Alpine CDE-126BT
Thank you! This would definitely simplify packing for my long trips!

Ken Cooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #62
tramposhay
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cooke View Post
Thank you! This would definitely simplify packing for my long trips!
No problem!


ok so ive been thinking about what to upgrade next to complete my phase 1 build... so many ideas, so much to buy!! argh

That metalcloak fender system seems to do the trick for strengthening rubi's limbs but 2500$ + shipping for the front, back and sliders will take a bit of time to budget.

I'm thinking this order: diff cover ( and some other small armors), curries steering, trackbars, 35's, rear bumper + tire carry, metalcloak, front bumper and tummy tuck,...

So thats the phase one plan for now...
tramposhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #63
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange, CT
Posts: 3,868
Nice list, itll grow daily
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #64
tramposhay
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Nice list, itll grow daily


So, ive been eye'ing up the carpet for a while now, its been irritating me, getting dirty, not staying in its place etc... and today I stumbled in to some beadliner threads here at Jeepforum.... looks like a monstaliner tub job is on the cards. I hate painting and sanding but most projects i've seen here that have done it - have made a real good job with it. Its also a pretty cheap mod.

I also would like a secure metal interior box that goes up high between the windscreen and the roll bar, for storing valuables during the topless summer months.(during topped winter also i guess)

Another thing i've been thinking of is for getting some more Lights - the last time i was wheeling around i got the jeepness super muddy and i was still on the trail when then sun went down - i could barely see with all 4 of the lights on... Just i'm not sure where i would mount them... above the windscreen, above the bonnet or on the brush guard

Ive done no research on lights so i guess i'll run off around jeepforum alleys and see what i can dig up
tramposhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #65
Jabos
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramposhay View Post
That metalcloak fender system seems to do the trick for strengthening rubi's limbs but 2500$ + shipping for the front, back and sliders will take a bit of time to budget.
Good thread! I just installed the whole Metalcloak shebang you mention on my '06 Rubi LJ. You will love it. Great product and sturdy as heck. The rock rails are indestructible (and a nice little step for the kiddies to get in). Thanks for sharing the build-giving me great ideas
Jabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #66
tramposhay
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabos View Post
Good thread! I just installed the whole Metalcloak shebang you mention on my '06 Rubi LJ. You will love it. Great product and sturdy as heck. The rock rails are indestructible (and a nice little step for the kiddies to get in). Thanks for sharing the build-giving me great ideas
very cool indeed Do you have any pics? How did the install go? Would i be able to do it alone over a weekend do you think? Did you need any special tools?


You're very welcome glad that this build is of use for some peeps
tramposhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #67
tramposhay
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 58
Bit the bullet - Ordered the monstaliner just now (although forgot to put in the jeepforum promo codes) I emailed magneter, so hopefully they can apply them to my order.

So in a week or so i should have a shiny new monstalined Tub! i cant wait
tramposhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #68
Jabos
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Posts: 12
[QUOTE=tramposhay;13103382]very cool indeed Do you have any pics? How did the install go? Would i be able to do it alone over a weekend do you think? Did you need any special tools?
QUOTE]

Alone, yes, but it will take you two full weekends, one for the front fenders, then one for the rock rails and rear fenders (or at least it took me that long). Also, while you are waiting for them to ship you might start taking off the front and rear fenders. That takes a lot of your time (but if it a DD then maybe you can't do it?). Also, curse the engineer that made the rear fender flare screws at the bottom that have the "bolt receiver" (or whatever you call that gizmo) built into the tub at the bottom of the fender wells. They break loose and spin so you can't unbolt. Used a vice grip to hold it and unbolt. Had trouble fitting on the windshield washer dispenser too, but worked it out (has a tab on bottom I had to cut off).

Had to buy a DeWalt 4 1/2" grinder to trim the rear tub, but that wasn't that hard to do. Then I used the grinder to smooth down the drilled holes in the tub for hardware. Tip-smooth off the inside of the bottom holes on the tub for the rock rails with grinder before you start bolting it on so the nut can thread on the bolt. Tight quarters there (you will see what I mean when you do it).

The product is absolutely worth every penny and Matson is great to deal with. We had a slight mixup on ordering (partly my fault) and he made it right at his expense. I will post a pic if you want although I don't wanna hijack your build thread.
Jabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #69
tramposhay
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabos View Post
Alone, yes, but it will take you two full weekends, one for the front fenders, then one for the rock rails and rear fenders (or at least it took me that long). Also, while you are waiting for them to ship you might start taking off the front and rear fenders. That takes a lot of your time (but if it a DD then maybe you can't do it?). Also, curse the engineer that made the rear fender flare screws at the bottom that have the "bolt receiver" (or whatever you call that gizmo) built into the tub at the bottom of the fender wells. They break loose and spin so you can't unbolt. Used a vice grip to hold it and unbolt. Had trouble fitting on the windshield washer dispenser too, but worked it out (has a tab on bottom I had to cut off).

Had to buy a DeWalt 4 1/2" grinder to trim the rear tub, but that wasn't that hard to do. Then I used the grinder to smooth down the drilled holes in the tub for hardware. Tip-smooth off the inside of the bottom holes on the tub for the rock rails with grinder before you start bolting it on so the nut can thread on the bolt. Tight quarters there (you will see what I mean when you do it).

The product is absolutely worth every penny and Matson is great to deal with. We had a slight mixup on ordering (partly my fault) and he made it right at his expense. I will post a pic if you want although I don't wanna hijack your build thread.
Hey thanks a bunch for that, it'll surely help me out when the time comes! Yep its a DD but i guess i could prep and wd40 the bolts and things and do a once over to know where they all are in advance. One worry is that i have a small dent where the passenger stock rocker meets the front wheel well, there is a dent in the yellow part just below the jeep sign in the corner... i wonder if i can just gently push it back out.

Yes please Pics are always welcome!
tramposhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #70
Jabos
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Posts: 12
Got it on but still have to bolt everything to the fender now:

Got the front on, and the lights hooked up:

Maybe your dent will be under the rock rail, which sits high:


The LJ permits trimming both in front and behind the wheel:

Now its screamin' for new wheels and tires, which I hope to put on next month!
Jabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #71
tramposhay
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 58
Thanks for the pics!
So you went with the arched front and 6" fenders(i think). Looks Great! I personally haven't decided to go with arched or overline just yet - but i definitely need the 6" fenders to avoid getting pwnd by the police up here in BC.

Do you have any lift on there? My first thought is not. But wow there is sooo much space between the wheel and the fender! What size rubbers were you thinking of going to?

The Rockers do go pretty high - they almost touch the Jeep logo and i believe that should sufficiently cover my little dent! perhaps a little spray foam insulation or something will keep the water/muck out also.

Time to start saving me-thinks - this looks like a fantastic mod. Thanks again for the pics
tramposhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #72
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange, CT
Posts: 3,868
Do overlines
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #73
tramposhay
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 58
Angry! do you still have your Warn bumper for sale?
tramposhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #74
FortQjeep1
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Qu'Appelle, Saskatchewan
Posts: 16
How much was the warn winch plate and which guard?
FortQjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #75
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange, CT
Posts: 3,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramposhay View Post
Angry! do you still have your Warn bumper for sale?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortQjeep1 View Post
How much was the warn winch plate and which guard?
Sold it all, ordered a savvy bumper
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.