Nellyz - Yellow 2006 TJ Rubicon Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nellyz - Yellow 2006 TJ Rubicon Build

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #16
misfitJason

i like it

misfitJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #17
mj24lyons
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wanna trade jeeps... Serriously, you have an awesome jeep!!!
mj24lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey peeps, thanks for the friendly comments, Rubi looks cute now but i cannot wait to see the sexy beast shes gonna turn in to!

For your viewing pleasure here's a pic of the Union Jack - slightly off kilt from the usual sticker position, God Save the Queen ... ahem Royal Britania.. and all that stuff

tramposhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #19
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was wondering... Does anyone have any opinions on a set of Black rims.. i am going with 33"s but i dont know what size rim to get.. also i dont know who the best manufacturers are regarding offroad wheels.. Any input would be fantastic!

Cheeers
Unread 11-16-2011, 05:38 AM   #20
mj24lyons
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramposhay View Post
I was wondering... Does anyone have any opinions on a set of Black rims.. i am going with 33"s but i dont know what size rim to get.. also i dont know who the best manufacturers are regarding offroad wheels.. Any input would be fantastic!

Cheeers
Go with the Mickey Thompson classic II or classic II locks. They are simple, great looking, cheap compared to most, light, and the classic II are easy to clean. The locks have a lip that seem to catch water and other junk that make it a little tougher to keep clean. Besides you can never go wrong with MT! Good luck
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #21
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj24lyons View Post
Go with the Mickey Thompson classic II or classic II locks. They are simple, great looking, cheap compared to most, light, and the classic II are easy to clean. The locks have a lip that seem to catch water and other junk that make it a little tougher to keep clean. Besides you can never go wrong with MT! Good luck
Cool, Thanks alot buddy i'll check them out... does it matter what rim size to get or is it really just personal preference?
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

OK So i wnt to the store and bought some Royal Purple Synchro Max as i feel the gear box is a bit stif now its starting to get cold ( i've allways had an issue getting it in to reverse) to see if i can kill 2 birds with 1 stone..

And on my way to the store i notice the evil "Check Engine" light came on.. and has remained on after driving about a bit...

I have about 74,000 KMS on the rubi (about 45K miles) i dont hear anything weird with the engine, and its been driving fine... revs seem ok and i dont feel anything different while driving it.

I am low on fuel so perhaps its a bit dirty down there? I'll fill up tomorrow and chuck some of that engine cleaner stuff in to see if that gets rid of it.

Any other ideas? in the mean time i'm gonna search into it.
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #23
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Cheeers
I would run those factory Moabs. It does'nt get much better than that.

Looks great!
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #24
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm factory moabs eh... i wonder what they look like in black! would i need some sort of spacer on the rear tires with 33's? ( i think i read that somewhere but cant really remember!)

Cheers for the complements!

So after finding out that i can turn the Key 3 times on/off i get an error code to help troubleshoot this bloody engine light... P0133

could be a few things.... O2 sensor has died.. or i have a leak in the exhaust or i have blown the fuse to the O2 sensor...

This is kinda suspicious after disconnecting my battery the other day... i'll check fuses in the morning
Unread 11-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #25
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Another note, i went to replace my transmission oil with that cool looking purple stuff with the aid of this guide... http://stu-offroad.com/engine/ax-15/ax-15-1.htm

It looks like a different tranny compared to the one i have - but the concept is the same ... When i come to do it i'll make a step by step from the eyes of a newb for the eyes of other newbs! If i can do it, anyone can!

Anyway - turns out i dont have the tool to take the drain and fill plugs out of the tranny - ive read somewhere its a 17mm allen wrench - i'll get one and try tomorrow!
Unread 11-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #26
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Newby's Guide #2. Jeep TJ Rubicon 2006 Transmission Oil Change Walkthrough

Ok so i went and bought the alan type fixtures for the fill and drain caps on the tranny. Drain is a Size 17 - Fill is a Size 14

The auto shop didnt have a size 17 so i got a size 16 that also worked fine.

Parts Required:

1) First undo the Fill cap (the one thats higher up that faces the passenger door)

2) Have the milk jug ready as it will leak a little bit

3) Undo the Drain cap (the one on the bottom) and the oil will come out very quickly so be careful and ready

4) I used some cardboard to direct the last remenants of oil over the skid plate in to a Milk jug

5) The Drain plug will have little shards of metal stuck to a magnet - Clean this.

6) Mmm sexy shiny clean plugs! (fill plug on left - drain plug on right)

7) Re-attach Drain plug nice and tight, then take the new transmission oil and start to fill -- the angle is kinda difficult - some people use a pump - i didnt bother. - be warned you will get oil over your hands and arm if you dont use a pump!

8) this pic gives you a better idea of the location ... it used almost 2 quarts (about 1.75L) keep filling until the oil pours out of the fill cap hole.

9) Re-attach the fill plug, clean everything up - and you're complete!

Transmission Oil Change - DONE!

Turn the engine on, let her sit for a little bit - ease the gear stick around - then take her for a gentle drive. make sure everything feels ok..

It kinda felt weird to me - i'm sensitive to any change when driving the vehicle - 'fell' in to each gear very well - Good so far

On a side note - this royal purple synchromax oil -- has probably the worst smell known to man, i almost vomited as i had it all over my arm (because i didnt use a pump) it kinda has a crappy purple floral chemical smell.. oh god i can still smell this stuff!
Unread 11-20-2011, 05:53 AM   #27
mj24lyons
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Cool, Thanks alot buddy i'll check them out... does it matter what rim size to get or is it really just personal preference?
No problem! I would personaly go with 15" as I think they look better and you I believe you can air the tire down more on a 15X10" than something bigger. I wouln't go with anything bigger than 17". Awsome jeep!!!
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #28
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj24lyons View Post
No problem! I would personaly go with 15" as I think they look better and you I believe you can air the tire down more on a 15X10" than something bigger. I wouln't go with anything bigger than 17". Awsome jeep!!!
Nice, Cheers again for the info!

I cannot wait for this lift and antirock to get fitted - sometime in the next few weeks!
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #29
tramposhay
2006 TJ Wrangler 

UPDATE: on the P0133 issue - i filled the vehicle up with Fuel.... (89 like i allways use) and the engine light went away... so i canceled the order for a new O2 sensor.

The tranny oil change has improved the feel of the gearstick and changing gears, im really happy with it!
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #30
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

nice jeep man, great start so far!

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.