Need some help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Need some help

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
SabotSlug22
2004 WJ 

Need some help

I am new to the Jeep community. I bought my first Jeep, an 04 Grand Cherokee WJ after a tree fell on my 01 Dodge Ram 2500. The Jeep was bone stock when I got it and after being used to driving a vehicle that had 33 inch tires stock on it, I have come to miss sitting up high. I decided to put a lift on my Jeep but didn't really want to over do it.

I went with a 2.5" coil spring lift from Fat Bob's Garage. It also came with ProComp extended shocks. I also installed a Rough Country steering stabilizer to upgrade from the worn out stock one.

I put the lift on myself at my Dad's shop, about 30 miles away. During the drive home, going about 70 on the interstate with no troubles, I hit a good sized bump. The front end preceded to shake violently and I basically had a crap your pants moment.

Upon further inspection, my tie rod ends on my drag link were quite worn so I replaced them with just premium OEM replacements from my local Carquest. I also repositioned my steering stabilizer to get a better and more straight angle. This has helped a ton but I can still feel the death wobble trying to start when hitting decent bumps at increased speeds.

Basically I am looking for some knowledge and help as to trying to find and cure this problem.

For the record, I understand after a lift you need to have a proper alignment done, but I am going to upgrade to 17 Rubicon wheels and go larger on my tire size. I am awaiting shipment of another Rough Country steering stabilizer as well. Therefore, once I install all of those, I will go get an alignment.

SabotSlug22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.