Need some help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Need some help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 09-29-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
SabotSlug22
2004 WJ 

Need some help

I am new to the Jeep community. I bought my first Jeep, an 04 Grand Cherokee WJ after a tree fell on my 01 Dodge Ram 2500. The Jeep was bone stock when I got it and after being used to driving a vehicle that had 33 inch tires stock on it, I have come to miss sitting up high. I decided to put a lift on my Jeep but didn't really want to over do it.

I went with a 2.5" coil spring lift from Fat Bob's Garage. It also came with ProComp extended shocks. I also installed a Rough Country steering stabilizer to upgrade from the worn out stock one.

I put the lift on myself at my Dad's shop, about 30 miles away. During the drive home, going about 70 on the interstate with no troubles, I hit a good sized bump. The front end preceded to shake violently and I basically had a crap your pants moment.

Upon further inspection, my tie rod ends on my drag link were quite worn so I replaced them with just premium OEM replacements from my local Carquest. I also repositioned my steering stabilizer to get a better and more straight angle. This has helped a ton but I can still feel the death wobble trying to start when hitting decent bumps at increased speeds.

Basically I am looking for some knowledge and help as to trying to find and cure this problem.

For the record, I understand after a lift you need to have a proper alignment done, but I am going to upgrade to 17 Rubicon wheels and go larger on my tire size. I am awaiting shipment of another Rough Country steering stabilizer as well. Therefore, once I install all of those, I will go get an alignment.

SabotSlug22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.