Need some heim joint assistance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Need some heim joint assistance

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
cj0798

Need some heim joint assistance

I have a 2004 Jeep TJ Rock Crawler that I need some assistance with. I have a Heim joint that needs to be replaced, I was told that it was 3/4, I also need new shocks on the front. I looked up the number of the shock and it comes back to rough country but there are no markings on anything.
Here are my issues:
1. My steering is loose
2. my tires are tilted in and the tread is wearing on the inside
3. nothing has markings or numbers so I am not sure where the parts came from.
4. My steering wheel needs to be turned but I dont have any room for adjustment on my bars.

I am new to this type of vehicle so any advice would be appreciated. I am uploading a couple of pics but if something else is needed please let me know.

cj0798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #2
JA66
1997 TJ Wrangler 

As far as the heims go, they just wear out occasionally, it is something you have to live with if you are running them. I replaced the heims on my track bar yesterday. There may be better ones out there, but ive been using ruff stuff heims on my jeep. Link here. The size will generally refer to the diameter of the threads. If you have any measuring calipers, thats the easy way, but you can probably measure them with a tape measure. Check the Thread diameter and when you take it off measure the size of the hole where the bolt goes. Call Ruff Stuff and he could be able to fix you up.

You need to figure out what size lift you have, if any lift. You dont have to replace with the exact shocks, you can buy alot of different brands based on your lift size.
JA66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
cj0798

thanks for the quick reply
I have a 4" lift according to the spring measurement.
cj0798 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.