need help danna 44 chevy front end swap.. neex help!!!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > need help danna 44 chevy front end swap.. neex help!!!!!!!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 08-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
seanlathrop

need help danna 44 chevy front end swap.. neex help!!!!!!!

Hey so i did a full width swap on my yj
I used axials out of a 1978 chevy suburban
The front axial is the only thing giveing me trouble

The perches on a chevy danna 44 are just a bit to wide to fit right into a yj
And because. Of this it is making. My springs twist ....

Now i would like to do a shackle reversel
But to do this im not sure how..
Makeing the shackles is not the issue and the mounts should not be to bad to make
Out of some .250 wall square tube

What i need help with is what to do..
*i cant move the perches on the axial because the pasenger side is casted into the pumpkin
*And if i just run my spring a little wider than my frame the shackles in the back will not line up with the frame, they will be about .500 out side the frame
I could just put some spacers in ther one on the inside bottom of the shackle and one on the out side top
But.... What is a good way to get the axial straight.....

I could use some pictures of yours or if you could call me and talk. You would be a god to me .
Pm me for a phone #

Please help i dont have much hair left to pull out ....

seanlathrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 06:09 AM   #2
84jeepcj7rock

When I put in my D44 from a '77 Cherokee Sport, I went SOA and shackle reversal. It's been awhile but the WMS- WMS was around 65". The stock spring pads were 32" on center. I used the MORE shackle reversal kit set at 32" on center. 7" long MORE spring pads were welded to the top of the axle at 32" center. Passenger side had to be modified to fit around the pumpkin. Make sure that spring pad is the same height and angle side to side. Poison Spyder full width shackle hangers were used to hang the rear of the springs. I used Rubicon express YJ springs, stock height.
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.