Nate's Slow TJ Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's Slow TJ Build

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
nmiklebost

Nate's Slow TJ Build

So I am a proud owner of a 2002 TJ. I used to own a 2001 WJ but sold it just before I was deployed last year and pretty much as soon as I got home I bought myself a TJ.

photo photo1.jpg

photo photo2.jpg

Before I start to build on to anything, there are a few things that need to be fixed.

As you might be able to see from the photos, the front tires are VERY bald. I like the look of them so I think I'm just going to get two new tires for the front from firestone.

The previous owner put them on and cut the fender to make them work but didnt do a very good job cutting the flare because the cut is crooked. Also, he tried spray painting the flares which is now peeling off. So fender flares are in my future.

The jeep still has the carpet in it, so that needs to be fixed. I plan on doing the spray on bed liner, but I'm not sure what brand to use. If you guys know of a good bed liner, let me know. I know there are alot out there.

When I bought it the rear shock had sheered off the upper mounting bolts and was jammed between the gas tank and the frame. I'm not sure how that happened or why he didnt get it fixed sooner cus you could tell it had been like that for a while. It was pretty easy to fix too, just got two new mounting bolts. I wanted to fix that first since driving on 3 shocks sounds like DANGER.

The oil pan is leaking. It is a very small leak. One drop of oil hits the drive way every few days so I need to investigate that soon, maybe this weekend.

And my last issue with the TJ is when I run the A/C, a pretty big puddle of water forms in the passenger side floor. The carpet stays soaked so thats really annoying.

Sounds like alot of problems but I dont really mind, gives me something to do on the weekend and gives me a little time to build up some cash for this build.
This Jeep needs to be my daily driver so I'm thinking about just a 2" in lift, aftermarket bumpers, winch, and I really want a hard top.

Anyways, I'll post when I can, and as I fix these issues. If anyone has any suggestions/comments let me know!!!

photo photo5.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.