Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Nate's Jeep

40K views 438 replies 34 participants last post by  LuckRider 
#1 ·
Well, I have been debating whether or not to finally start my build that i have started in 2006 and is ever continuing of the things i have done to my TJ over the past 4 years of owning it. It started back in 2006 when i finally wanted a 4wd vehicle. I had an awesome '00 Chevy step-side reg cab z71 that was fun but i always wanted a toy like a jeep something that i could take doors and roof off. I knew if i had a Camaro or 'Stang id probably be dead by now. I browsed for awhile until i found an '04 Se TJ that had 19,000 miles for 10 grand had AR-123's on it btw, it was nice and all but i knew i couldn't go from a 5.3 Vortec to a 140 horse 2.5 lol, not that their bad or anything. So i passed on that Jeep,then came across a gorgeous '05 Rubicon red, 6 speed, 5.5' long arm that was built so extreme that my parents said i didn't need something that could climb Everest. Best part was it was only 2 miles from my house! so that ended that jeep, also said i couldn't afford to drive it college on 37" MTR's which my dad said "Not even a chance at that time". Looking back now im glad i just didn't go and buy somebody else's hard built jeep and say it was mine, just cant justify that now that i look back. So in October of '06 i stumbled on a ****ty ad in the local paper that had my jeep that i own now listed. Ad said 2000 Jeep Wrangler, silver, light bar, chrome grill, low miles garage kept. HMMM, two days went by and i gave him a call said the jeep was never washed by him since he owned it that it was his third vehicle that he used to go kayaking with and camping with. Never in in snow, or rain and i couldn't believe it when i went to see it. He kept it in a old shed type barn with a cover on it in a field, shocked as i was i knew it was like a classic muscle car find, which it wasn't but whatever ill live. I was in love with it at first site. He Told me it was his toy and he wasn't going to sell it but his wife forced it. I could tell he was very sad, he had some memories shared with that jeep as i recall his facial expressions. I crawled it all over like a hawk looking at everything knew it wasn't like the red Rubicon but it was a jeep. He had older Rancho shocks on it, a light bar, Manik side steps, and a Rugged Ridge rocker kick panels on it. Before i knew much about rear ends i got so lucky and happened to pick this jeep up with a factory rear Dana 44 w/3.73's with Canyon wheels wrapped in 31" Hankook tires. I was like what a find after i got it home, thank god it has a 44 because i read so much about 35's on here lol and what not that i prayed to god when i went out that night to crawl under it it had a steel plug in the pumpkin housing. After all the bull**** of paperwork, AAA, and all that ****, i drove her home on October 4, 2006 at 2pm with 37,142 exact miles on the digital display. Well enough of the bull**** here are some pics, yes i realize some of you guys have seen these before but im working on knew ones from my recent wheeling trip.

See less See more
#6 ·
picked up the ravines that were from a RME for 200 dollars, which was a steal, got new tires 33x10.50 All Terrains. In between i got a factory mopar '05 Khaki green/grayish top for 150 bucks with all hardware, it now resides in Colorado making another jeeper happy.

#7 ·
Summer time came i got new wheels, a new top, new front bumper, a new rancho steering stabilizer along with a custom t-case drop i made and i textured lined the front grill against stone chips. It came out perfect.

#9 ·
here are some random shots at different times from '09-'10, came close to wanting to sell her but i just would never be happy w/o it.

#11 ·
It's not the most extreme jeep but for me being a junior at PSU shes all mine bought and paid for by me, I have done all the work with my dad occasionally. If it was up to him it would not be lifted, he thinks a jeep just needs true 4wd and a good set of tires...sure.

#12 ·
I also just sold the BF Goodrich tires and M/T Sidebiters, i put the money towards new 33x12.50 Goodyear Kevlars that should be here within the next week or so, along with 1.5" RC wheel spacers, since im going back to my Ravines, which im glad i never sold, what a mistake that would have been.

#18 ·
I'm really excited to see the MTR's on your ravines! I've made up my mind that I want the MTR's (when Goodyear starts production again) but am no sure if I want to keep my ravines. Your rig could be my deciding factor! ...don't you just feel so special! ha :laugh:

#21 ·
Thank you, it was tough for me to sell my M/T Sidebiters since i was the only one in the area running them but after getting my new tires mounted to my 'ol Ravines I love the new look, looks so much more rugged, thanks to Jeff (Sportzilla) for the ideas:thumbsup:

#19 ·
Well here is a sneak preview (Harley doesn't like snow either), all i can say is Holy Good God, i cut through easily 15-20 inches of snow with these bad boys, they clean out excellent. Also, i took a pick of my bro's new '05 that joined the family.

#20 ·
I will post more after i get all the blue of the letters, i also have to touch up my frame before i show any more photos, im kind of embarrassed :shhh: anyway I have another new surprise coming.

#23 ·
thanks man, yea it was way too much black before bumpers, grill, then the wheels it needed a change, my dad likes the ravines too much better so..

#30 ·
They are real DOPE, Zach still hasn't left his comments yet lol, they are so sick, im never going w/ BF again, when i was getting my tires mounted a guy was getting a set of 285 KM2s, i couldn't believe how much softer the rubber compound was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.