Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 97 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #1441
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
August 2014 for me , I need to work after this trip !
We should do a little CA "tour", start in Art's neck of the woods JV, head up north to my area, then a little more north to the Rubicon / Fordyce / moon rocks. That could be a very fun and tiring week.

Unread 06-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #1442
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That would be cool, it's just hard for me to get time off in summer
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #1443
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
We should do a little CA "tour", start in Art's neck of the woods JV, head up north to my area, then a little more north to the Rubicon / Fordyce / moon rocks. That could be a very fun and tiring week.
Wouldn't be complete without a visit to the coast! Maybe Pismo, or the Lost Coast?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #1444
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We gotta find an inexpensive way to get you and Lu's jeep shipped over here so you guys can just fly out. Or you gain access to a double trailer and you and Lu can share the fuel expense and drive time!
Make that a triple trailer so you can swing by Indy & pick me up.

This would be a sweet trip, but honestly I highly doubt the next phase of the build will be done by then & I know for a fact the bank account will not have been recovered. I'm looking more 2015 to do something like this.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:01 AM   #1445
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If y'all go in august me and Jake definitely won't be able to make it. We can make it to Moab in June or May. July is going to be too hot every where, and August is right before the process of cramming books and beers starts back up.

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #1446
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
You guys are killing me.... that's a long *** trip
x2 Ill need to sell a kidney to afford these type of trips every year.

Quote:
We gotta find an inexpensive way to get you and Lu's jeep shipped over here so you guys can just fly out. Or you gain access to a double trailer and you and Lu can share the fuel expense and drive time!
I'm all ears!

When I had been pricing out shipping for the moab trip I was anticipating paying around 12-1300 round trip but come to find out almost all companys wanted just under 1000 one way... not to mention Cali is even further!

As much as I'd absolutely love to make the trip and will get out there one day I dont think 2014 will happen for me. Fingers crossed though, crazier things have happened.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #1447
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post

x2 Ill need to sell a kidney to afford these type of trips every year.

I'm all ears!

When I had been pricing out shipping for the moab trip I was anticipating paying around 12-1300 round trip but come to find out almost all companys wanted just under 1000 one way... not to mention Cali is even further!

As much as I'd absolutely love to make the trip and will get out there one day I dont think 2014 will happen for me. Fingers crossed though, crazier things have happened.
Well you do have two kidneys..... its gonna be hard for you next year also with the little bambino. Easiest solution is for ALL you east coasters to just move!
Unread 06-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #1448
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
If y'all go in august me and Jake definitely won't be able to make it. We can make it to Moab in June or May. July is going to be too hot every where, and August is right before the process of cramming books and beers starts back up.
And just where were you THIS year buddy???? Haha. You missed out.
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #1449
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well you do have two kidneys..... its gonna be hard for you next year also with the little bambino. Easiest solution is for ALL you east coasters to just move!
exactly, with the bambino and a house purchase on the horizon this type of trip likely wont be in the cards

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #1450
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm starting to save now hopefully my orders don't take me to far lol

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/chesters-tj-build-1420405/"][COLOR="Green"]Chester TJ build[/COLOR][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/rubicon-trail-august-9th-11th-2014-a-1550022/"][COLOR="Blue"]2014 JF RUBICON TRIP[/COLOR][/URL]
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #1451
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And just where were you THIS year buddy???? Haha. You missed out.
Yeah yeah i know. i wanted to come pretty badly, but it wasn't up to me. Jake had to put a new motor in the tow pig, so we didn't have much of a choice but not to make it. Next year the tow rig should be ready to go.

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #1452
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I did have a hell of a time. Actually one of the best times of my adult life. I highly recommend anyone who even thought about going this time.... DON'T miss the next one. We spend all this time and money documenting our builds and running our local stuff, but it's really awesome to meet the people behind the builds, run some stuff out of your comfort zone and truly use the machines we build for what we built them for.
I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for the next on then.

Quote:
My son had a great time. He's at an age (13) where he's got a lot going on, so he's just a typical teen. Kind of selfish and self absorbed but it only took one short talk on the first night to get him on the program (looong wheeling days).
I remember those days. As long as he's got a good head on his shoulders he should grow out of it quick enough.

Quote:
Everyone may have thought he was on the cell phone the whole time but he was actually controlling the Gopro for me with it via wifi. He got a little sick of me telling him when to stop and start recording, haha.
Take him on a few more trips and he'll eventually figure out when to start and stop on his own.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #1453
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
I'm starting to save now hopefully my orders don't take me to far lol
Hopefully not to the east coast!
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #1454
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
Yeah yeah i know. i wanted to come pretty badly, but it wasn't up to me. Jake had to put a new motor in the tow pig, so we didn't have much of a choice but not to make it. Next year the tow rig should be ready to go.
That sucks you guys had to miss it. Oh well..... next time!
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #1455
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for the next on then.

I remember those days. As long as he's got a good head on his shoulders he should grow out of it quick enough.

Take him on a few more trips and he'll eventually figure out when to start and stop on his own.
It's hard having a dad that's a little OCD. I actually feel bad for him sometimes...... SOMETIMES. Most of the time he deserves my lectures and "guidance". Haha. He's a good kid though.

MULTIQUOTE will NOT work ...... I click it and it does nothing..... annoying the hell out of me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.