Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 86 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #1276
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm
I hope this is at least a little bit cool, I put a bit of effort into it. Haha!
I like the video. You guys are lucky to have places like that locally. North East wheeling is all woods.

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #1277
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
I like the video. You guys are lucky to have places like that locally. North East wheeling is all woods.
Thanks man, I think I'm getting the hang of it. I do feel lucky to have these places to wheel so close to where I live. I put up with a lot of other **** though living here.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #1278
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Love the video and the area you wheeled .

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #1279
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice video , you are now elected official videographer for the JF Moab 2013 Run .
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #1280
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Love the video and the area you wheeled .
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Nice video , you are now elected official videographer for the JF Moab 2013 Run .
Thanks guys. It's ok. The music isn't right, but I wanted to try it. I think something quite a bit more mellow would be better for rock crawling. I just can't believe how long it takes to edit video together. I'll put one together for MOAB for sure. I hope some other Gopro's make the trip and I can just collect the micro SD cards and have more shots, then mail them back to their respective owners.
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #1281
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I liked the music , nice change of pace from the death metal that so many videos have .
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #1282
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I know we'll have at least 4 maybe 5 gopros amongst the group. Lots of great angles to be had

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #1283
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I liked the music , nice change of pace from the death metal that so many videos have .
Cool! I thought for sure that would be the biggest gripe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
I know we'll have at least 4 maybe 5 gopros amongst the group. Lots of great angles to be had
I'm hoping.
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #1284
87 JEEP YJ

Just wanted to say have read through your build and i have got alot of ideas for stuff to get my heep better
You do amazing work
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #1285
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87 JEEP YJ View Post
Just wanted to say have read through your build and i have got alot of ideas for stuff to get my heep better
You do amazing work
Thanks man, I don't know about amazing, but I do my best. good luck with yours.
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #1286
87 JEEP YJ

Thanks I got a good start it is locked and has armor already
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #1287
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Great video Nate! Editing videos takes time doesn't it
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #1288
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Great video Nate! Editing videos takes time doesn't it
Thanks! Yes it does. I figure I'll get better at it if I keep doing it. Just learning the little tricks is what is taking me the most time. If I can become efficient and let the program work for me instead of against me I think I can make some pretty cool videos. We will see how my patience holds up.

The more people who tell me they like it or don't like it, and what I could do better or what I did well is a big help. So if you watch it.... Comment! Good or bad!
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #1289
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

well since you asked for it....

i think the clips could probably be shortened to cut out some of the "dead time". When I edited my first few videos they were over ten minutes long and in general, people dont have that long of an attention span, so for the rest of my videos i try to keep them under 5-7 minutes. Basically ill try to keep it to two songs in length.

music choice is 100% personal. But the music volume should be about 25% of the video volume. I want to hear the Jeeps tires slipping or the engine running in the background. And try to keep the volume of the video consistant througout. When I stand close to a Jeep I try to reduce the volume of that clip b/c chances are it will be louder than a clip from further away. We also have a few V8s in the club which makes the problem worse sometimes.

you can also try to throw some still pictures into the mix if you have them. I also like to speed some clips up and slow some clips down to get a good variety. on a long easy trail, Ill throw the go pro somewhere on the outside of the jeep where you can see the surroundings. When in editing ill speed that clip up to make a 2 minute video 10 seconds or so.

like you said, let the program do the work. not that i'm an expert or anything, but i think all you need to do is just refine some things when your editing.

which program are you using?

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #1290
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
well since you asked for it....

i think the clips could probably be shortened to cut out some of the "dead time". When I edited my first few videos they were over ten minutes long and in general, people dont have that long of an attention span, so for the rest of my videos i try to keep them under 5-7 minutes. Basically ill try to keep it to two songs in length.

music choice is 100% personal. But the music volume should be about 25% of the video volume. I want to hear the Jeeps tires slipping or the engine running in the background. And try to keep the volume of the video consistant througout. When I stand close to a Jeep I try to reduce the volume of that clip b/c chances are it will be louder than a clip from further away. We also have a few V8s in the club which makes the problem worse sometimes.

you can also try to throw some still pictures into the mix if you have them. I also like to speed some clips up and slow some clips down to get a good variety. on a long easy trail, Ill throw the go pro somewhere on the outside of the jeep where you can see the surroundings. When in editing ill speed that clip up to make a 2 minute video 10 seconds or so.

like you said, let the program do the work. not that i'm an expert or anything, but i think all you need to do is just refine some things when your editing.

which program are you using?
This right here sounds about right! Not too long and not too short.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.