Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 85 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #1261
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty big news for me! I got it cleared with all of my son's teachers to allow him to come to MOAB with me. He's a good little trail lackey, we'll put him to good use!

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #1262
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Pretty big news for me! I got it cleared with all of my son's teachers to allow him to come to MOAB with me.
Sweet!

Quote:
He's a good little trail lackey, we'll put him to good use!
Someones gotta drag the winch cable up the big rocks.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:42 AM   #1263
WeldedUp

Quote:
Post up a photo! I bet it's GG..... like most MR's. With your wimpy 6speed! I was a real man and ordered an RS! I'm sure you know this, but the RS doesn't even come with a radio! Let alone power anything...... haha! I want to find my exact car someday and buy it back. That would be awesome!
Yeah, you nailed it. I like the power stuff, but I'd trade the wing and fragile six for the RS versions. Gotta run, but I'll get a pic or two later for you.
WeldedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #1264
Morris369
2002 WJ 

Quote:
I only ever liked the Sr20det, I think in a Sentra SE-R it makes a badass sleeper. The 300zx was an overcomplicated machine. The GT-R is obviously bad *** but I'm stuck on 80's and 90's turbo cars mostly.
I had a 92 SE-R in high school, loved that car! I made more money making all the rich kids with the high dollar cars their Daddy bought them cry when they get spanked by a sentra. That and betting people it does 110 in third too. I wish I never got rid of it, but I'd like to get another some day be be able to build right. The biggest hurdle is my wife, she hated that car, mostly because it smoked her mustang every time. BTW, the det wasn't offered in america, it was only a de, no turbo, but it was real easy to put one one and still handle 20 psi safely.
Morris369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #1265
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My friends Spec-V

I'll see if I can post my friends TSi thats currently getting an auto to stick swap.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #1266
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Sweet!

Someones gotta drag the winch cable up the big rocks.
Exactly! We're not telling him he's going until the last minute also to surprise him. Hopefully he WANTS to go. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldedUp View Post
Yeah, you nailed it. I like the power stuff, but I'd trade the wing and fragile six for the RS versions. Gotta run, but I'll get a pic or two later for you.
Lol, I remember buying my EVO in October of 05 when the IX's just came out and there was a GG MR on showroom floor. The only EVO they had in stock.... they were like WTF when I wouldn't buy it and insisted on them finding me an RS. That MR was beautiful though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris369 View Post
I had a 92 SE-R in high school, loved that car! I made more money making all the rich kids with the high dollar cars their Daddy bought them cry when they get spanked by a sentra. That and betting people it does 110 in third too. I wish I never got rid of it, but I'd like to get another some day be be able to build right. The biggest hurdle is my wife, she hated that car, mostly because it smoked her mustang every time. BTW, the det wasn't offered in america, it was only a de, no turbo, but it was real easy to put one one and still handle 20 psi safely.
That's cool man. Yeah I know they DET was never offered in the US, what a shame. It was an easy cheap swap though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
My friends Spec-V

I'll see if I can post my friends TSi thats currently getting an auto to stick swap.
Good stuff man. If only I had more time and money...... I could spend all my time working on Jeeps and Turbo cars.
Unread 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #1267
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well I took care of an issue today with my front axle side control arm bolts. The last time I assembled the suspension I replaced all of my control arm bolts with grade 8, 9/16ths like a lot of people do. Well the factory size is actually 14mm, and on the front the 9/16's didn't really want to fit in the clevite bushing. I was able to get them in though, they pulled themselves in as I tightened the nut. I wasn't thinking straight and thought that would be fine. Well duh.... the bushing needs to be able to rotate around the bolt freely (somewhat). I guess over some time the bracket compressed some and the entire bolt was essentially "loose" in the mount and rotated WITH the bushing. Well that's not good. So as you can imagine those bolts were very difficult to remove.... I had to use my ball joint press.... then an air hammer. I got them out eventually and went and bought some new 14mm bolts and all is right in the world now. I also took the time to whip up some little skids to box in the bracket a little better much like Beasley did the other day.

So my wheeling trip has now turned into camping tomorrow night and a night run. Should be fun. Gonna work on my Gopro skills, and this will be the last final shake down run before Moab.
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #1268
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thats cool that you are taking your boy , he is going to be pretty surpised . And good call on boxing the lca mounts in , my insurance guy of all people convinced me to do it because he sees so many front axles get torn up in the location .

Wheres the skid pictures ?
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #1269
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Thats cool that you are taking your boy , he is going to be pretty surpised . And good call on boxing the lca mounts in , my insurance guy of all people convinced me to do it because he sees so many front axles get torn up in the location .

Wheres the skid pictures ?
Actually didn't take any pics, that's odd for me. It was pretty hot out so I just tried to get it done as quickly as possible. They came out ok. I should have spent a little more time stripping and cleaning the weld areas, it was a little poppy due to lack of cleanliness.
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #1270
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Actually didn't take any pics, that's odd for me. It was pretty hot out so I just tried to get it done as quickly as possible. They came out ok. I should have spent a little more time stripping and cleaning the weld areas, it was a little poppy due to lack of cleanliness.
I don't think those 3 words exist in your vocabulary!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #1271
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Haha, I wish. Sometimes I get lazy.
Unread 05-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #1272
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Bwahahahahahahahaa
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #1273
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Great time wheeling Yesterday. Trailering up the hill went perfect. Took it easy on my rig, being this close to Moab I didn't want to have to fix anything or spend any money on repairs. We camped overnight on Wednesday and I froze my *** off. Good times though. Gopro vid is uploading.

Unread 05-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #1274
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like a good time
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #1275
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I hope this is at least a little bit cool, I put a bit of effort into it. Haha!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.