Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 84 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-12-2013, 01:06 AM   #1246
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
Much better. Either or should work just fine

If you notice shifting on the trailer. Cross em

If not. Your good to go
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldedUp View Post
Looks good from what I can see; keep the attachment to the axles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Now I could be wrong here since my experience lays with heavy equipment and military vehicles, but you shouldn't have to worry about your straps becoming loose from the body cycling through the suspension if you mount on your d-rings. Your suspension will be applying upward force while your straps apply downward pull. These should work together to keep your jeep secure on the trailer with no movement. With our HMMVs, I use the mounting points on the frame to secure it to the trailer, with chains of course . After locking it down the chains never got loose even after driving 140 miles through Iraq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
New mounts look great . When I trailered I used axle straps at all four corners then crossed the straps to the d rings on the corners . With this setup I never had any issues .
Thanks guys, I think now it's just a matter of getting some miles under my belt to gain confidence in the rigging. I now feel like I'm hitting the road safely though and that's where I wanted to be before Moab. So I'm happy!

Unread 05-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #1247
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Thanks guys, I think now it's just a matter of getting some miles under my belt to gain confidence in the rigging. I now feel like I'm hitting the road safely though and that's where I wanted to be before Moab. So I'm happy!
A nice towing setup makes for some fun wheeling as you dont have to worry about breakage . I miss those days , but we see more off the beaten path stuff along the way driving the Jeep . With that being said I hope we can get another tow rig in the near future .
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #1248
clintrivera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I may of missed it in the thread, but did you ever post any pictures of your 95 DSM? I love those things.
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #1249
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
I may of missed it in the thread, but did you ever post any pictures of your 95 DSM? I love those things.
x2. My friend is working on his. Very mild build, but still cool.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #1250
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
x2. My friend is working on his. Very mild build, but still cool.
I don't have many, that was a time when digital media was kind of new so a lot has been lost over the years. It was a fun car. 333whp, FWD, lot's of tire smoking! Nowadays the HP comes pretty easy but in 2000 any 4cyl, with over 300whp was a fast street car.

And as I started making a little more money I was able to get what's still kind of my realistic dream car and foolishly ended up selling it.....

4G63 for life! Haha!

Oh yeah..... I even had one of these! This car was super cool. A 1992 Galant VR4.

Unread 05-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #1251
WeldedUp

Quote:
And as I started making a little more money I was able to get what's still kind of my realistic dream car and foolishly ended up selling it.....

I recognized that engine bay before scrolling down. Just to rub it in a little, I'm literally heading out the door right now to hop into my MR IX for a little 20+ psi boost induced giddiness -ahem- I mean, run some important errands.
WeldedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #1252
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice. I might have once been a ricer kind of guy but I cannot confirm or deny that. Good looking Mits.
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #1253
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! Even though I'm a big V8 muscle kind of guy I've always like tuners. My dream is a Subie WRX with a beefed up motor and a dogbox . Those dogboxes look super cool.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #1254
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I recognized that engine bay before scrolling down. Just to rub it in a little, I'm literally heading out the door right now to hop into my MR IX for a little 20+ psi boost induced giddiness -ahem- I mean, run some important errands.
I'm very jealous. I've can't think of another car that's as purposeful and focused on just being fun to drive and yet still practical and reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Nice. I might have once been a ricer kind of guy but I cannot confirm or deny that. Good looking Mits.
Haha, I had lot's of fun with my Mitsu's. Happy to say I never was a Honda guy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Nice! Even though I'm a big V8 muscle kind of guy I've always like tuners. My dream is a Subie WRX with a beefed up motor and a dogbox . Those dogboxes look super cool.
I like the Subie's, but the Mitsubishi is WAY better!
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #1255
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I like the Subie's, but the Mitsubishi is WAY better!
Ha! And Hummers are better then Jeeps!

Just kidding, I'd be fine with anything fast! My Jeep is so dang slow!
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #1256
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha, I had lot's of fun with my Mitsu's. Happy to say I never was a Honda guy though.

I like the Subie's
I am a closet nismo guy.... But would love a subaru.
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #1257
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Subi's and Evo's are quick little bastards, but if you still want to enjoy that open air feeling like in the jeep, just buy your wife one of these! 312HP out of the box, normally aspirated! She scares the crap out of me in that thing! She drives it like she stole it every time she gets behind the wheel! LOL! Sorry for the hijack Nate.
p1030990.jpg  

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #1258
clintrivera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, that's a nice collection. I've always wanted a VR4 Gallant. Most of the ones for sale around here have been very abused. Nice 1G eclipses around here go for 1K with broken timing belts. Throw a used head, and a timing kit and you are good to go. You would be hard pressed to get more bang for your buck than that!
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #1259
WeldedUp

Quote:
I've can't think of another car that's as purposeful and focused on just being fun to drive and yet still practical and reliable.
That sums it up really well. I'll just add that I've not driven another car that feels so eager to go. It's like a sport-bike on four wheels without the uncomfortable riding position.
WeldedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #1260
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Ha! And Hummers are better then Jeeps!

Just kidding, I'd be fine with anything fast! My Jeep is so dang slow!
Haha, the subie/mitsu battle run's pretty deep from Rally racing..... I just think the 4g63 is THE ultimate 4cyl. turbo motor with the Sr20det coming in a close second. The Boxer motor has a hard time making over 350whp without getting inside it. The 4g63 can live a long time at high HP levels without even thinking about the block or bottom end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
I am a closet nismo guy.... But would love a subaru.
I only ever liked the Sr20det, I think in a Sentra SE-R it makes a badass sleeper. The 300zx was an overcomplicated machine. The GT-R is obviously bad *** but I'm stuck on 80's and 90's turbo cars mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Subi's and Evo's are quick little bastards, but if you still want to enjoy that open air feeling like in the jeep, just buy your wife one of these! 312HP out of the box, normally aspirated! She scares the crap out of me in that thing! She drives it like she stole it every time she gets behind the wheel! LOL! Sorry for the hijack Nate.
Nice car Bob, my mother in law had one just like it. I liked it. It's just after driving turbo cars an N/A car just lacks that HIT that's so much fun in a turbo car. Nice linear power is more usable but a 20psi hit around 4k brings smiles every time! I really miss that.

Quote:
Wow, that's a nice collection. I've always wanted a VR4 Gallant. Most of the ones for sale around here have been very abused. Nice 1G eclipses around here go for 1K with broken timing belts. Throw a used head, and a timing kit and you are good to go. You would be hard pressed to get more bang for your buck than that!
I would love to have them all sitting in my garage and driveway right now. I also had a FAST 1g Talon. Low 12sec car. It's just the ONLY car i've ever had that was plagued with issues. I rarely even talk about it, it hurt me so bad! It was supposed to my ultimate sleeper and ended up being sold for pennies compared to the amount of time and money I had in it.

Quote:
That sums it up really well. I'll just add that I've not driven another car that feels so eager to go. It's like a sport-bike on four wheels without the uncomfortable riding position.
Post up a photo! I bet it's GG..... like most MR's. With your wimpy 6speed! I was a real man and ordered an RS! I'm sure you know this, but the RS doesn't even come with a radio! Let alone power anything...... haha! I want to find my exact car someday and buy it back. That would be awesome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.