Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 65 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Reply
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #961
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,385
Very nice Jeep. How do you like the Savvy doors?

Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #962
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Very nice Jeep. How do you like the Savvy doors?
Thanks man! I love the doors. One of my favorite mostly cosmetic mods. They do provide weight savings, and also protection while not having to worry about destroying your full doors or half doors on the trail. They attract almost as much attention as the Metalcloaks . I made a little thread about them when I got them....

http://http://www.jeepforum.com/foru...eview-1391191/
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #963
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Thanks man! I love the doors. One of my favorite mostly cosmetic mods. They do provide weight savings, and also protection while not having to worry about destroying your full doors or half doors on the trail. They attract almost as much attention as the Metalcloaks . I made a little thread about them when I got them....

http://http://www.jeepforum.com/foru...eview-1391191/
I really don't see that many people with them, kinda wierd .They are on my list though, too bad that dang list is just so long . I'd like to paint mine to match and add 97-02 mirrors like Garza.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #964
MO2500
Fabramicator
 
MO2500's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 6,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I really don't see that many people with them, kinda wierd .They are on my list though, too bad that dang list is just so long . I'd like to paint mine to match and add 97-02 mirrors like Garza.
They are expensive IMO. They are very nice but that kind of money goes a long way towards other more important mods for most which is why I think you don't see many of them.
__________________
My Jeep Build
Useful tech links:
Stu-Offroad - great technical write-ups!
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #965
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
They are expensive IMO. They are very nice but that kind of money goes a long way towards other more important mods for most which is why I think you don't see many of them.
Agreed it was a completely extravagant purchase that in no way I needed! I just wanted them.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #966
MO2500
Fabramicator
 
MO2500's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 6,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Agreed it was a completely extravagant purchase that in no way I needed! I just wanted them.
I want them too but I think I'll just cut a piece of aluminum in the shape of a door though since I have no reason to open and close them
__________________
My Jeep Build
Useful tech links:
Stu-Offroad - great technical write-ups!
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #967
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
They are expensive IMO. They are very nice but that kind of money goes a long way towards other more important mods for most which is why I think you don't see many of them.
I have many other things to do so they are pretty low on the list, but if my jeep was "done" I would pick a set up. For what they are their a little pricey, at the $299 introductory price that was reasonable.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #968
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I have many other things to do so they are pretty low on the list, but if my jeep was "done" I would pick a set up. For what they are their a little pricey, at the $299 introductory price that was reasonable.
I was able to take advantage of some kind of sale at the time for $329. But still.... lots of other stuff to worry about before those!
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #969
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
I want them too but I think I'll just cut a piece of aluminum in the shape of a door though since I have no reason to open and close them
FYI I think the top 3 emc finishers all had savvy half doors..... might wanna re think that!
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #970
MO2500
Fabramicator
 
MO2500's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 6,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
FYI I think the top 3 emc finishers all had savvy half doors..... might wanna re think that!
Hey, if Gerald wants to sponsor me too I'm all for running a set of their doors

I'm already running savvy corners but I'd like the tub rails and a set of rockers too, but only if they are heavily discounted lol.
__________________
My Jeep Build
Useful tech links:
Stu-Offroad - great technical write-ups!
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #971
_KONG_
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastvale, CA
Posts: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
FYI I think the top 3 emc finishers all had savvy half doors..... might wanna re think that!
Speaking of which. I just met Brandon Heyes today. He sold me a rear bumper
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #972
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Hey, if Gerald wants to sponsor me too I'm all for running a set of their doors

I'm already running savvy corners but I'd like the tub rails and a set of rockers too, but only if they are heavily discounted lol.
Haha, call him up! When you come to run the EMC, you can use my doors for good luck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
Speaking of which. I just met Brandon Heyes today. He sold me a rear bumper
I don't know many names but I'm guessing he's one of the top 3. If so.....major props!
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #973
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,064
Not jeep related at all..... spent the day beefing up security at my casa. Ordered a Shotlock wall mounted quick access mount for my Maverick 88. It Should provide me safe and quick access to it if needed. That install went well and I really like the design. Mounting my new safe to the concrete on the other hand went terrible! I hate drilling into concrete it never goes well. And manipulating a 350lb safe onto redheads is awful. Kicked my ***..... doing nothing the rest of the day!

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #974
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler
 
bobthetj03's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lake County, Ca.
Posts: 4,758
And I thought I was over the top with my 870 Express custom mounted under my bed frame, lol!
__________________
Bob's boring build:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #975
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
And I thought I was over the top with my 870 Express custom mounted under my bed frame, lol!
Nope you are just smart. Gotta be able to protect if needed. Mine also has lived under my bed, locked when I'm not around. Problem is either forgetting I have it locked rendering it useless if needed quickly, or forgetting to lock it making it dangerous. I could never actually keep it loaded for this reason because I wasn't about to leave it loaded and unlocked accidentally. With this shot lock, it's loaded (the tube, not chambered). So it will either be in the safe if I'm not home, or hanging right there ready when I am.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.