Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 63 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #931
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Are you kidding me you're 6 hrs from the Ultra 4 championship race, and 10-11 hrs from KOH and Glen Helen coming up in May. 13hrs to the American Rocksports Challenge in Tooele, UT (wheel Moab on your way)

Not to mention how close you are to Arizona, Utah and Colorado. You've got it good brotha!

I have to drive out of state for everything so 4+ hr drive one way to wheel or see an event seems normal to me I guess. Rausch is 3 hrs from me if I don't hit traffic. The next closest event (or offroad park for that matter) is ~13 hrs away.
Given you have a point mike, I am alot closer then most people. Sadly unless it is within four hours I cant go unless I take leave from work. Oh the joys of being in the military. It is definitely on my list of things to do while I'm still stationed out here

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #932
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Been a little bored lately! I think im going to order a front upper JJ kit today, and some synergy sleeves for the D30. Should be about as stout as possible after that. I need a little project!
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #933
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm
Been a little bored lately! I think im going to order a front upper JJ kit today, and some synergy sleeves for the D30. Should be about as stout as possible after that. I need a little project!
Nice! I'm hoping ill have enough time to sleeve my front axle as well.
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #934
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Nice! I'm hoping ill have enough time to sleeve my front axle as well.
Yeah it might save my *** one day when I'm out at the dunes going a little to fast. For the money it's cheap insurance, just a little time consuming for the install. But that's what I need right now.... to occupy some time!

Most of my local trails are closed right now, for the first time I can remember due to erosion. Most won't open till June. Makes you appreciate them more knowing you can't go even if you wanted to. Scary stuff!!!
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #935
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dang! You just had that front end apart too! Well, at least you'll have the front squared away and ready when that turd in the back grenades, lol!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #936
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Dang! You just had that front end apart too! Well, at least you'll have the front squared away and ready when that turd in the back grenades, lol!
Haha, how dare you insult my little D35 soldier!
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #937
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Haha, how dare you insult my little D35 soldier!
Hey, it's treated you well so far, so I guess I can't harp on you too much(knocks on wood)! I hear ya on the trail closures! I haven't even been on the Rubicon Trail yet! First they want to take our guns away, then our trails!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #938
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Hey, it's treated you well so far, so I guess I can't harp on you too much(knocks on wood)! I hear ya on the trail closures! I haven't even been on the Rubicon Trail yet! First they want to take our guns away, then our trails!
...bastards
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #939
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah it might save my *** one day when I'm out at the dunes going a little to fast.
Is "a little to fast" even possible in a 4 cylinder?

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #940
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Is "a little to fast" even possible in a 4 cylinder?
Oh yeah Andy.... my little over zealous 4 banger get's it on at the dunes. No not really... but at the dunes it's the unexpected whoop, or drop off that get's ya. And if you are going even just a little to fast and can't scrub speed fast enough you send that D30 right into the bumpstops hard. After I get it sleeved I'll go out there and jump it!
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #941
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
After I get it sleeved I'll go out there and jump it!
I expect pics and a GoPro video.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #942
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Look forward to your pictures from this future mod. Good luck on the TJOTM. You should do good unless there is some TJ on 40s or bigger with 3 JF post to his user name.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #943
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
I expect pics and a GoPro video.
For sure, I think the GoPro will motivate me a bit.... Haha, seriously though I think some GoPro footage from the Pismo Dunes would be sick! There are some huge drop offs and climbs... along with some higher speed whoops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Look forward to your pictures from this future mod. Good luck on the TJOTM. You should do good unless there is some TJ on 40s or bigger with 3 JF post to his user name.
Thanks man, I just entered on a whim, I figure my Jeep is built up pretty good for what it is, nothing special but I am proud of it.
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #944
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks man, I just entered on a whim, I figure my Jeep is built up pretty good for what it is, nothing special but I am proud of it.
If you had a chrome grille you would win

Its a nice rig and I think you will do well .

[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/just-another-lj-build-1055533/] Just another LJ build[/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/moab-utah-june-1st-june-14th-2013-a-1444235/]June 2013 Moab Trip [/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/tj-wrangler-trailer-build-1427938/]Wrangler tub trailer build[/url]
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #945
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, you and beasley never commented on my proposed tentative moab agenda...thoughts?

Monday: I'm all in for joining Beasley and whomever else on Poison Spyder/ Golden spike. (other nearby trails include moab rim, cliff hanger, and Pritchett canyon)

Tuesday: Fins n things & Hells revenge can be ran together since they are close (other nearby trails include Porcupine Rim, Potatoe Salad hill, and Steel Bender)

Wed: Metal Masher & Rusty Nail (other nearby trails include little canyon, bull canyon, Gold bar rim and Four Arches Canyon)

Thursday: Elephant Hill - Mike (gspup) wants to run this trail and since Beasley and others are also I will tag along. Id also like to check out the Colorado river and Canyon rim overlook since they are nearby. Very scenic areas.

Friday: Flat Iron Mesa maybe then meet up with the others at Area BFE since its nearby?

Saturday: Top of the World on the way out of town since its near I-70
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.