Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 59 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 04-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #871
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I notice at 2:14 in my video, I'm fairly flexed out and turned to the right some, and the brake line is actually a little more snug than I'd like. Hmmmm.... I thought I was good there. I lowered the factory line and while during a full cycle there seemed to be plenty I guess I never turned the wheel and checked..... duh!!! Looks like some fancy brake lines may be in order.
I was thinking the same thing too when I saw it. I may be suffering the same issue. Maybe YJ lines are in order for me.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #872
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I was thinking the same thing too when I saw it. I may be suffering the same issue. Maybe YJ lines are in order for me.
Yeah I'm a little surprised. This is definitely not something I ignored. I took a lot of time making sure I was ok. I doubt I actually have an issue considering the number of wheeling trips I've been on with this set up and the amount of time this things been flexed in every which way.....but you kinda don't want to have any brake issues! Oh well, easy fix..... not to expensive.
gst95dsm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #873
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I really need to be more creative with my Gopro mounting. Suspension footage just looks cool and I think I need to shoot some when I get my Jeep going again
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #874
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
I really need to be more creative with my Gopro mounting. Suspension footage just looks cool and I think I need to shoot some when I get my Jeep going again
I think it could be a valuable tuning tool. I'd like to do the rear to see how my shock outboard looks "in action". Just gotta make sure you don't smash the camera I guess.

I also think youtube just let me rotate it 90 degrees.....so it should be more viewable after it reprocesses.
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #875
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I love using my GoPro as well. I just need a better program for movie making so I can peiece all the clips together.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #876
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I just redid BOTH diff cover gaskets, Geez I must have been slipping because I swear I've never had one leak before and this time they BOTH were leaking. I'm also suspecting that It may have been a bad tube of Ultra Black, somehow.... It seemed really dry when I pulled the diff covers off. Interesting. Oh well, this time I used

This stuff is always good to me....and is much less of a mess.
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #877
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
I love using my GoPro as well. I just need a better program for movie making so I can peiece all the clips together.
Yeah I don't know how much of that I'll get into, but if I find a good edit program Ill let you know!
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #878
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Gopro has one on their site I used but it only allows you to cut the video into clips to combine into a larger video but I dont have a program to that part.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #879
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You guys must not have a Mac. They come with iMovie which is an easy movie editor. Not as complex as some of the programs you pay for but gets the job done for me
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #880
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
You guys must not have a Mac. They come with iMovie which is an easy movie editor. Not as complex as some of the programs you pay for but gets the job done for me
I do have a Mac, I tried to drag the file into imovie and it wouldn't let me! Still learning this Mac crap. Haha!
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #881
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, I use IMovie too. Works great. Took a little to figure it out tho. I think what I do is, go to the 'File' tab and import what vids I want to edit.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #882
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You have to import them into iMovie but not by dragging it to the program. Open the program and import from the camera
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #883
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
You have to import them into iMovie but not by dragging it to the program. Open the program and import from the camera
I thought this thing was soooooooo smart..... obviously I wanted it imported. Geez... Might as well be a PC. Oh and what's with this EJECT bull****! Annoying!
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #884
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Welding warps the DIY cover rings a little. I always used a ton of Black RTV and just finger tighten the cover bolts when I first install it. Let it set up for awhile so the gasket hardens some creating a thicker o-ring like gasket and then torque them down snug. Has always worked for me.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #885
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Welding warps the DIY cover rings a little. I always used a ton of Black RTV and just finger tighten the cover bolts when I first install it. Let it set up for awhile so the gasket hardens some creating a thicker o-ring like gasket and then torque them down snug. Has always worked for me.
Could have been that, although I checked them for flatness and they was pretty flat. Oh well, no big, just annoying. It's funny because in the past I've been so impatient and just thrown a bead of RTV on, tightened and filled and no leaks, and this time I was actually somewhat careful, let it dry overnight before filling, and had a leak.... on BOTH! I"ll either say it was poor workmanship, materials, or a little of both. What I may have done wrong is try and be a little to stingy with it..... noting in the past that I would squish out more than actually was used.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.