Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 58 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #856
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
All the weather must have stayed up there with you.... it's clear blue down here. I thought it was going to be rainy today.
We were good till noon, then the sky fell!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #857
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Not a Jeep mod, but something I've wanted for while and one I wanted for the Moab trip. I'm NOT a small electronics person at all anymore. I actually kind of loath the complexity of it all, even when it's "supposed" to be easy and everyone can manage I still get bored very quickly with it all. But I think I'll enjoy having this around. I have to say the integrated Wi-Fi connectivity between it and my phone is what sealed the deal. Being able to have it mounted some cool place on my rig, and being able to turn it on and off, switch from camera to video, and access all menu functions in a MUCH easier to use format than the camera itself AND to be able to see what the camera see's on my phone is pretty badass. The $199 price point for the entry level unit is also a winner in my book. I do NOT need any more clarity, resolution or speed than that. A 32gig micro SD and I'm all done besides a couple mounts I'm going to get.

I've got a little sideways suspension test video uploading haha....
Unread 04-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #858
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

They look neat and can get some awesome footage , but I choose to remain a caveman .
Unread 04-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #859
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just don't forget to wipe your grimy finger prints off the lense
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #860
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a crooked video, I thought I'd be able to rotate it, but I'm not that smart I guess. This is just a field by my house that someone dumped some big piles of dirt some time ago that now has some field grass on it. Flexed it out pretty good though. The clarity to me is amazing, ease of use also is good enough to keep me from wanting to throw it...... so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ-mL...ature=youtu.be
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #861
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
They look neat and can get some awesome footage , but I choose to remain a caveman .
I'll get some good video for ya Beasley. I'm the same way.... In my younger years I was way into electronics. As the years go by.... I couldn't care less.

Edit: forgot to mention... my sons been wanting one also.... so he's had a $100 saved and paid half! So it was an easy purchase on my end! He just had a good time running around the neighborhood with it mounted to his BMX bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Just don't forget to wipe your grimy finger prints off the lense
Hey what can I say..... I'm just a dirty white boy.
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #862
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

sweet purchase!

question...whered you buy your balljoints from and what grease did you use?

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #863
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Here's a crooked video, I thought I'd be able to rotate it, but I'm not that smart I guess. This is just a field by my house that someone dumped some big piles of dirt some time ago that now has some field grass on it. Flexed it out pretty good though. The clarity to me is amazing, ease of use also is good enough to keep me from wanting to throw it...... so far.
It's so clean...

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #864
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
sweet purchase!

question...whered you buy your balljoints from and what grease did you use?
4wd.com, and as far as I know they come greased up ready to go! If not my uppers are dry as the hammers. The lowers have no zerk. Someone confirm please? If they don't, I don't get to fancy with grease, the general purpose automotive in my grease gun will be fine.
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #865
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 04-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #866
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
The Spicer ball joints I have and the ball joints we put on Kate's Jeep didn't have zerks on the lowers. Kinda weird if you ask me.
Did you grease the uppers though? I knew the lowers were like that. If you did grease the uppers.....did they accept any?
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #867
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I notice at 2:14 in my video, I'm fairly flexed out and turned to the right some, and the brake line is actually a little more snug than I'd like. Hmmmm.... I thought I was good there. I lowered the factory line and while during a full cycle there seemed to be plenty I guess I never turned the wheel and checked..... duh!!! Looks like some fancy brake lines may be in order.
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #868
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did you grease the uppers though? I knew the lowers were like that. If you did grease the uppers.....did they accept any?
Read and posted to fast. I put a couple of pumps of grease in both and saw a tiny amount of gray grease(The stuff I use is red) come out of the boot. So yes they appear to come pre-greased, but I put some extra in for piece of mind.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #869
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ball joints that don't have a zerk fitting are pre-greased and non-serviceable. If they have a fitting they should be shot with grease as regular maintenance. Just don't over grease and rupture the boot
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #870
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Read and posted to fast. I put a couple of pumps of grease in both and saw a small amount of gray grease(The stuff I use is red) come out of the boot. So yes they appear to come pre-greased, but I put some extra in for piece of mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Ball joints that don't have a zerk fitting are pre-greased and non-serviceable. If they have a fitting they should be shot with grease as regular maintenance. Just don't over grease and rupture the boot
Haha, Ok... so they come pre greased..... don't rupture the boot like Andy did. J/K, I'm sure Andy made sure the boot was on securely. I would say however that my initial thought was correct.....they come ready to go, and a SMALL shot of grease as maintenance would be the only requirement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.