Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 03-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #811
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

As a paid member you are now able to log into the anger management thread
I find JF's to be tame in comparison to PBB's. But occasionaly they bring the funnay

What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #812
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500

I find JF's to be tame in comparison to PBB's. But occasionaly they bring the funnay
PBB definitely has some weirdos running around in it. But that is half of what makes the forum haha

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #813
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
PBB definitely has some weirdos running around in it. But that is half of what makes the forum haha
I go to pirate quite a bit and lurk. Mostly just bug the vendors and get some good deals actually. I find the OT threads pretty funny, and a lot of the fab work pretty inspiring. I just can not relate to most of the people, or their goals with their rigs. So I don't post much.
gst95dsm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #814
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

After almost 4 years this is the only part I've replaced on this little guy.... countless pulls. Never a hiccup. One of those few time's where I feel like I got more than I paid for.

For vanities sake.... the California sun has taken it's toll on my solenoid cover.

I thought about moving the solenoid under hood, since I rarely use the controller.... now that I have an in cab switch. But this will do for another few years I'm sure. haha.... pretty exciting install tonight! Does look a lot better.
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #815
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
POR gets a little nutty , I used to post over there quite a bit but it is beyond me at this point .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
That is exactly right ,the nuts fill the bowl .
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I go to pirate quite a bit and lurk. Mostly just bug the vendors and get some good deals actually. I find the OT threads pretty funny, and a lot of the fab work pretty inspiring. I just can not relate to most of the people, or their goals with their rigs. So I don't post much.
Lots of amazing talent over there , you either need to be on the same level or have thick skin .
Quote:
After almost 4 years this is the only part I've replaced on this little guy.... countless pulls. Never a hiccup. One of those few time's where I feel like I got more than I paid for.

For vanities sake.... the California sun has taken it's toll on my solenoid cover.

I thought about moving the solenoid under hood, since I rarely use the controller.... now that I have an in cab switch. But this will do for another few years I'm sure. haha.... pretty exciting install tonight! Does look a lot better.
They were sold out of the chrome covers werent they ?
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #816
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

4 years, that's awesome. I always get the: "Oh, you bought a Smittybilt winch...." It hasn't failed me yet. Every winch brand has their problems, mine hasn't stopped pulling yet....even though it's usually pulling someone else out.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #817
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

They were sold out of the chrome covers werent they ?
I figured Id get this cleaned up while my bumpers are at the chrome shop. I'm not gonna let you show me up in Moab.....
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #818
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I figured Id get this cleaned up while my bumpers are at the chrome shop. I'm not gonna let you show me up in Moab.....
Awesome , we can wheel with our welding helmets on
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #819
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
4 years, that's awesome. I always get the: "Oh, you bought a Smittybilt winch...." It hasn't failed me yet. Every winch brand has their problems, mine hasn't stopped pulling yet....even though it's usually pulling someone else out.
The key with any winch I think, and the Warn brand may be the BEST at being able to withstand a lack of this is to actually USE them. It's when you don't that they seem to not want to work.
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #820
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The key with any winch I think, and the Warn brand may be the BEST at being able to withstand a lack of this is to actually USE them. It's when you don't that they seem to not want to work.
I agree. I am going to start wheeling a lot harder soon.....my car is being sold and I am buying a truck/tow pig....so the winch will get a workout
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #821
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I agree. I am going to start wheeling a lot harder soon.....my car is being sold and I am buying a truck/tow pig....so the winch will get a workout
Go to those sand dunes north west of you.... take a bunch of pics. I've always wondered if they are anything like the ones over here. Size wise.... Next time I visit Michigan, I plan to go there maybe in a rental Jeep.
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #822
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Go to those sand dunes north west of you.... take a bunch of pics. I've always wondered if they are anything like the ones over here. Size wise.... Next time I visit Michigan, I plan to go there maybe in a rental Jeep.
My Rubicon wasn't geared well for the sand, I had a horrible time there this past summer, I might try it again this year, who knows.
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #823
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure your the King of the under dogs here on JF.
-4 cylinder, check.
-dana 35 with 35's, check.
-BFG KM2's, check.
-Smitty built winch, check.
-TeraLow 4 to 1, check.
By the JF standard your Jeep should be the worst in history, yet you probably out wheel most people here. What are people doing wrong?

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #824
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My Rubicon wasn't geared well for the sand, I had a horrible time there this past summer, I might try it again this year, who knows.
Key to the sand is low air pressure.... 6psi range. I usually just put around or haul *** in 2wd up some major dunes over here. You just gotta stay on top of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
I'm pretty sure your the King of the under dogs here on JF.
-4 cylinder, check.
-dana 35 with 35's, check.
-BFG KM2's, check.
-Smitty built winch, check.
-TeraLow 4 to 1, check.
By the JF standard your Jeep should be the worst in history, yet you probably out wheel most people here. What are people doing wrong?
What can I say??..... I'm obviously not compensating for a lack of anything else.

I get a kick out of doing what I do with it, knowing it was born a runt and I've done little to actually change that fact.
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #825
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What can I say??..... I'm obviously not compensating for a lack of anything else.
A lack? No. A Surplus? Maybe...

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.