Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #781
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well today went well. I shook the Jeep down pretty hard. Took some new lines at my little play spot. There's some pretty big boy rocks here, and trouble to get into if you're not careful. I was alone so I didn't do anything stupid but I did challenge myself. A lot of these photos are posed with no one in the jeep obviously, I was spotting myself (with the help of my son, and teaching my son) through some new lines so whenever I'd make it to the next stopping point which was usually one he'd yell... "that looks cool", we'd talk a bit about the next line, and shoot some photos. It was fun and his level of knowledge about how the rig is going to react and what I need to do is getting pretty good.

The Jeep felt great. No issues, I think those new diff covers were rock magnets though, I pounded that front one several times and the rear was also hit. The extra confidence in the front axles felt good!

This ledge is always a good test if things are working good.... walked it easier than I ever have.

My head got sunburned haha.

Oopsie!

I ended up not making this line, the R/R needed to also come up and caused a WAY tippy situation, I probably could have driven through it, but with just me and my son there I decided to back out.

Good times!

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #782
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I need to get out of Michigan.....
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #783
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I need to get out of Michigan.....
Haha... sorry man! These mountains are the only thing that keeps me here though....... every place has it's issues.
Unread 03-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #784
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice wheeling pics , its even better that you were out there with your boy .
Unread 03-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #785
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Nice wheeling pics , its even better that you were out there with your boy .
Thanks Beasley, yeah we had some good talks today. It's been a while since we've been alone away from home by ourselves for that long. He was really getting into the spotting today. I loved that. He also shot the 12 gauge a few times and handled it well. It's a lot of power for a 13yr. old. He made sure to ask in front of his mom when we got home if he was "good" today.... so she knew he wasn't a pain in the *** for me since I've been a little stressed. He was awesome.
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:38 AM   #786
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Always great to have some good old Father son bonding time

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #787
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Always great to have some good old Father son bonding time
Yup, some of our best momories. Being a dad is awesome!
Unread 03-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #788
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

great pics...i cant wait to get out on the trails again. Hopefully it starts warming up
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #789
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
great pics...i cant wait to get out on the trails again. Hopefully it starts warming up
I can't wait to see your's done, I think you will be my motivation for stage eleventeen....
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #790
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm definitely watching both of you guys.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #791
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I can't wait to see your's done, I think you will be my motivation for stage eleventeen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
I'm definitely watching both of you guys.
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #792
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Pictures, looks like a hell of a time! It's great you and your son can spend some quality time together. By the way, I see what you did there...

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #793
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Nice Pictures, looks like a hell of a time! It's great you and your son can spend some quality time together. By the way, I see what you did there...
Thanks Andy... see what I did where buddy?????

And I actually just PAID an internet forum... wheewww. Never thought the day would come. I consider myself kind of an OG auto forum guy. Never a huge post count type. But since 99 I've been on every forum for every car I've been into, starting with the rudimentary e-mail lists like "clubdsm" which may have been one of the first on the internet started by Todd Day, way before any of this programming was set up. I've always just found it odd....I don't know where the money goes anymore, There's a ton of advertisement paying for things, I would think they would do everything they could to make it free, and give us more space to fiddle with and just deal with the ads. Anyways. due to the number of PM's and the fact you only get like 5 as a non paying member and it's a pain in the butt to keep deleting them and the fact that photobucket now sucks really bad and I'd like to upload some photos directly to J/F.....I paid up for a year, added my little avatar photo, and now can get 25,000 pm's. Haha.
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #794
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

It's money well spent, but I'm lazy to re-up. I'm trying to justify the +'s to the -'s, especially since hands have changed!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #795
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
It's money well spent, but I'm lazy to re-up. I'm trying to justify the +'s to the -'s, especially since hands have changed!
It's all a little bizarre to me... I don't know who run's anything around here, don't really care. Seems to be a well behaved bunch for the most part. It's just a little counter intuitive.... and maybe I'm just simply not involved enough but I don't see Jeepforum actually DO anything besides exist on the internet. I see a lot of other forums such as Pirate, and some JK forums with HEAVY amounts of actual event coverage and participation. Kind of makes me sad since I invest so much time here. But like I said.....it may be happening and I just don't know.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.