Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #736
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail_Out View Post
Oh gst95dsm, you know I don't speak Spanish!

BFH?
Haha, i'm not sold on the Anti-rock for MY usage. One day that might change, I might buy one regret every moment spent without... but for now. I'm good.

BFH is right!

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #737
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Here we have two assembled axles.... I gotta say I botched the U-joint install on the first one I did and I'm not happy! It'll be ok, It just pisses me off! I distorted the dust covers pretty bad on two ends. I was being a complete dumb dumb and while I pressed in the first cap, let the joint just sit there instead of pushing it up into the cap as far as it would go. So it put a little pressure on the dust shield and jacked it up a little. I'm not worried about it, just irritating. The second one went on like butter after I started paying attention! They are pretty though.

Unread 03-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #738
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Here we have two assembled axles.... I gotta say I botched the U-joint install on the first one I did and I'm not happy! It'll be ok, It just pisses me off! I distorted the dust covers pretty bad on two ends. I was being a complete dumb dumb and while I pressed in the first cap, let the joint just sit there instead of pushing it up into the cap as far as it would go. So it put a little pressure on the dust shield and jacked it up a little. I'm not worried about it, just irritating. The second one went on like butter after I started paying attention! They are pretty though.
Just beautiful. Any hints for someone who might be doing the same this weekend?
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #739
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha, i'm not sold on the Anti-rock for MY usage. One day that might change, I might buy one regret every moment spent without...
Most likely this

ARs are one of the best things I've installed on my Jeep in regards to traction and stability off-road. They rock
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #740
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Most likely this

ARs are one of the best things I've installed on my Jeep in regards to traction and stability off-road. They rock
Haha, and you know I respect your opinion to the fullest Mike. Let me borrow yours for a little while!
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #741
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Just beautiful. Any hints for someone who might be doing the same this weekend?
Just go slow, think it through, use a torque wrench. You'll be ok! JF is here for any problems. If you're working with Bail Out.... he's gotcha.
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #742
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Haha, and you know I respect your opinion to the fullest Mike. Let me borrow yours for a little while!
Haha, I probably won't be needing them for a couple months lol
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #743
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha, i'm not sold on the Anti-rock for MY usage. One day that might change, I might buy one regret every moment spent without... but for now. I'm good.
I hear you on the AR, I feel the same way!

Quote:
If you're working with Bail Out.... he's gotcha.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #744
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thrashed for a couple hours and the front end is together, went back together real nice. Everything torqued to spec and ready to go. I'm thinking shake down run on Saturday at my little play spot. Only thing left to do is put on the rear diff cover tomorrow. I didn't feel like playing with the Ultra Black tonight. I did notice the old axles slid right out of the unit bearings and the new ones did not slide right in, it took me tightening the hub nut down to "pull" them in, I can only imagine when it comes times to remove them the fight they'll give. I'm curious if Beasley's new Superiors are like that or not. I'm pretty satisfied with the work. I desperately needed a refresher course on solid axle front end overhaul.

Unread 03-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #745
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I hear you on the AR, I feel the same way!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think.
Hey... now at least there's two of us!!

You guy's will be fine, it's all fairly pleasant work, Nothing like pulling a transmission or doing a clutch, doing a head gasket, or any of that other dirty work... this is all just right there in front of you, easy to reach, lightweight....it all makes sense. Just gotta have some patience and the tools.
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #746
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You guy's will be fine, it's all fairly pleasant work, Nothing like pulling a transmission or doing a clutch, doing a head gasket, or any of that other dirty work... this is all just right there in front of you, easy to reach, lightweight....it all makes sense. Just gotta have some patience and the tools.
But.... I like dirty work.

Im actually getting really excited to get the work done. Some day I hope my front end looks just as drop dead gorgeous as yours Nate. I know you put a lot of effort into it- but I still cant believe just how clean it looks.

Unread 03-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #747
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

But I love doing transmissions... While I can be short on patience at times, I do have tools...lots of tools, and hammers, Really. Big. Hammers...

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #748
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Working on a head gasket was how I got started in the whole amateur mechnic hobby

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #749
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
But.... I like dirty work.

Im actually getting really excited to get the work done. Some day I hope my front end looks just as drop dead gorgeous as yours Nate. I know you put a lot of effort into it- but I still cant believe just how clean it looks.
Damn, I gotta watch my wording!!

Thank Kate, I appreciate the compliment as yes i do put a lot of effort into keeping her looking clean. I don't think it looks as good in person though. The photos help.

Quote:
But I love doing transmissions... While I can be short on patience at times, I do have tools...lots of tools, and hammers, Really. Big. Hammers...
Pulling transmissions on my back, in my garage by myself (always) SUCKS! Now give me a lift... or even just someone to help and I'm good. I just never like asking for help, or I just want it done NOW and struggle through it alone.

Really big hammers, and liking the dirty work must just go hand in hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Working on a head gasket was how I got started in the whole amateur mechnic hobby
Always an adventure.... My Vortec Supercharged 93 Mustang 5.0 used to blow them about once a month back when I was playing the HP game.

Talk about clean.... I miss this girl.

Unread 03-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #750
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Really big hammers, and liking the dirty work must just go hand in hand...

Always an adventure.... My Vortec Supercharged 93 Mustang 5.0 used to blow them about once a month back when I was playing the HP game.
Well yeah- if you like one you should really like the other.

Also- that seems like the best game ever.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.