Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Halloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 03-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #691
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post

I would kill to have an underside that looked like that

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #692
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I would kill to have an underside that looked like that
With all that mud you just went in haha!
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #693
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
With all that mud you just went in haha!
I like to play "follow the leader" at that park. Well not everyone could follow me, but every one of them tried. I am not a mud person at all, but I was dared. Since they followed me on the trails and hill climbs, I kind of had to follow them in the mud It was only fair

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #694
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I like to play "follow the leader" at that park. Well not everyone could follow me, but every one of them tried. I am not a mud person at all, but I was dared. Since they followed me on the trails and hill climbs, I kind of had to follow them in the mud It was only fair
I've done it myself, the moment is the moment, and I will never deny myself any fun that I WANT to have because of clean up.... sometimes though. It's just NOT fun enough to warrant the clean up, so the "I'm good" phrase gets used.

Just like the other day at the local 4WP, they were having a March Madness get together sale and they had a demolished car you could try to climb over if you so choosed in the parking lot, I could only imagine how pissed I'd be at myself for messing up my rig climbing a freaking corsica in the 4WP parking lot in front of 20 complete strangers... or worse rolling it or cutting a tire, blowing a diff.... some people tried to get me to do it.... I was very "good" not doing it.
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #695
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Man thats one clean underside I love it. I'm going to have to pressure wash and repaint my underside.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/chesters-tj-build-1420405/"][COLOR="Green"]Chester TJ build[/COLOR][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/rubicon-trail-august-9th-11th-2014-a-1550022/"][COLOR="Blue"]2014 JF RUBICON TRIP[/COLOR][/URL]
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #696
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It has however opened up other doors.... big scary, destroy your jeep sized ones!
That's the one thing I'm afraid of.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #697
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Man thats one clean underside I love it. I'm going to have to pressure wash and repaint my underside.
Thank you. It's really dumb if you ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail_Out View Post
That's the one thing I'm afraid of.
Haha, you just gotta control yourself and let your actual fabrication skills catch up with your tools destructive capabilities.
Unread 03-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #698
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

As luck would have it..... amazingly a check for $750 showed up today from a supplemental insurance policy (he race's BMX, and Karts, rides Dirt bikes) we have on my son from when he broke his arm last year, out of the blue, that we had totally written off thinking we didn't have the correct documentation or that it did not qualify. My wife knowing that I'm chomping at the bit to get some front axles and that I don't want to charge anything during this house fiasco and that we need a good cash supply right now said here ya go! So add that to my already saved $200 and I'm all set. Now I just really have to make the decision. Uhg.... HELP!!!!! Gspup.... now I REALLY do need that quote buddy. If I don't get RCV's, Yukon is very appealing to me.... they are local so any warranty issues could be solved immediately. Hmmm... long night of research ahead. And I guess my rig won't be put back together this week... might as well wait till I get everything now. Feeling very grateful right now. We pay a lot into insuring his safety and that we'll be able to account for any accidents, but this little kick back came at a good time. I know there's a zillion RCV vs. Chromo threads.... but if anyone wants to throw in their opinion right here I'd appreciate it.
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #699
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like RCVs a lot since you wont ever have to worry about ujoints but depending on the price Id rather save some coin and get some Chromo's and have some spares and spend the remaining cash elsewhere.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #700
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I like RCVs a lot since you wont ever have to worry about ujoints but depending on the price Id rather save some coin and get some Chromo's and have some spares and spend the remaining cash elsewhere.
What do you think of yukon?
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #701
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just went through this myself . I liked the RCVs but at double the cost of the Superior Discoverys and Yukons they were tough to digest . I really wanted Superior Evo's but they are out of stock with no future ship date . So this put me back to the Yukons and Discoverys . They are both made in India , and of the same material . They both also have a 10 year warranty . The decision for me was based on this , the Yukon warranty is a one time deal over ten years where the discos arent limited over the ten year warranty . I doubt I would need to swap either of them , but the more limited warranty did affect my decision .
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #702
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What do you think of yukon?
Dont know much about them but my Superior Discovery's are holding up fine

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #703
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am glad to read that
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #704
Crazyantix_TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build
Crazyantix_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #705
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I just went through this myself . I liked the RCVs but at double the cost of the Superior Discoverys and Yukons they were tough to digest . I really wanted Superior Evo's but they are out of stock with no future ship date . So this put me back to the Yukons and Discoverys . They are both made in India , and of the same material . They both also have a 10 year warranty . The decision for me was based on this , the Yukon warranty is a one time deal over ten years where the discos arent limited over the ten year warranty . I doubt I would need to swap either of them , but the more limited warranty did affect my decision .
Thanks Beasley! Saved me some time there. Uhg, since the cash kind of just fell into my lap..... I'm having a hard time not getting the orange boots. If only I can think of ANOTHER mod to soak up that money, haha. Also I could literally walk into Yukon tomorrow and pick them up..... that's gonna be tough not to do.

Quote:
Thanks man, I appreciate your first hand experience and also appreciate people who don't just spout out negative without knowing much about the particular brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyantix_TJ View Post
Nice build
Thank you sir!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.