Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #31
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

looks really good.

debating the drop down tailgate too. do you like how it functions? as in, the latches and how secure it is when closed?

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #32
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
looks really good.

debating the drop down tailgate too. do you like how it functions? as in, the latches and how secure it is when closed?
Thanks, yeah I like how it functions. The toggle lever on the passenger side is a neat design. You can make it seal as tight as your willing to push on the gate to engage the toggle, only mild tension is needed for a tight seal though. I just went outside all looked at the tub striker again and added a washer behind it. Now it operates smoothly. The HD hinges are also nothing to get excited about. Just off the shelf CJ aftermarket hinges, Not sure what I was expecting.... they are probably just fine for the job.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #33
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just wanted to follow up on some of my impressions on the Swag Tailgate kit. I've had a chance to show it to several friends now, most had never seen or heard of the kit. Well they all think it's pretty cool. And a few of them who have more experience than me using self tapping hardware said that the self tappers are very legit and will hold up just fine. I just wanted to clear that up since I was pretty hard on them in my initial reaction post. So now my only real gripe is that I think the tub hinge mount should be a solid plate all the way across, as you can see some flexing on the hinge area with weight on the gate. I'm pretty sure I'll be hitting up Troy for the aluminum solid plate he offers. Overall it's growing on me.
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #34
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Opened up a big can of worms tonight.

I've wanted to line the inside of my tub since I bought the jeep but never have because the previous owner actually redid the rear carpet and sprayed ADHESIVE!! down to keep it in place....... I've just left it for years but finally have had enough and just want it nice and clean inside there. So anyways prep began tonight. I got my son in on it too..... lots of tedious sanding ahead of us. I've decided the Raptor liner is gonna work good, and plan to be spraying next Saturday, so i've got a week to get it ready..... we made good progress tonight i thought!

Wow, if you thought your prep took a while.... imagine this~!

My helper, great kid!

Well we got it cleaned up a bit and made some good progress on the rear area.

Should be able to put in a couple hours tomorrow also.
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #35
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well my prep is about 90% complete. Mostly done sanding, just have to clean it, and sand it a bit here and there. Feels good to be this far, getting through all that glue and fuzz was no fun.

Unread 05-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #36
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Getting close to being ready to spray on Saturday. Underestimated how long it takes to mask.... uhg. Hard to know if rolling it would be faster or spraying in the long run. I think i'll like the results from spraying better though. Overall this is a much bigger project than it seems imo.... having fun in the garage though....

Unread 05-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #37
jeepin82
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have the raptor kit in my YJ. Awesome product for the money!!! You are going to love it. A little advice, when applying the liner dont get to close or it will flaten out and you will loose the textured look. Great looking Wrangler.
Unread 05-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #38
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the advise, I was a little concerned about that. I want to stay close to avoid as much over spray as possible, especially when i'm doing the hard to reach places, but also want a good finish. Hope I can figure it out....
Unread 05-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #39
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ended up spraying today. Overall pretty happy with it. Was kind of looking for a fifth bottle though. It surprised me how quickly I went through them. There's already more than a couple spots I can see now caused by gun angle and spray direction, and not hitting it the other direction. One small can of this liner in aerosol form would really be handy to take care of minor mistakes. I ran out of light today so we will see tomorrow if anything really bothers me. I know once I get all the interior in and stop staring at it so hard it'll all be fine. I'm just a little over critical of my work usually. Handling this stuff is easy, but my recommendation is to purchase one extra bottle.

Before

After

Unread 05-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #40
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Went wheeling on Memorial Day! Really happy with how everything is performing. The new Teraflex shocks in the front seem to work real good and the additional droop gave a more planted feeling in situations where the jeep was really flexed out. Also the RC Long Arms are working just fine for me. All of the steep climbs I like to do, all of the ledges, just everything I throw at it, it feels solid. No drama, bad behavior, noise or weirdness. Here's some pics, it was a great day~!

Next thing im ordering is a Savvy GTS. Can't wait to get it.
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #41
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wheeling looks great. The overlines that you have, are those able to have the 2" or 4" extensions bolted to them?
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #42
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Wheeling looks great. The overlines that you have, are those able to have the 2" or 4" extensions bolted to them?
Extensions?
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #43
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

These are actually the arched version. And yes you can bolt on 4 or 6 inch flare extensions. I think just the rub rail looks bad *** though.
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #44
thirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

what trail is that?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thirdeyes-second-tj-1816002/
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #45
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Bald mountain, near Shaver lake. There's several spurs, its a fun trail, easy to impossible......

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.