Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #286
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Yeah it looks like it should be pretty similar to a MIller 211. Just no autoset which I hear is pretty worthless anyways and I guess the drive assembly is composite instead of metal, I don't think that will effect me at all with my light use. I'm excited! I just knew my 140 wasn't getting any penetration with the solid wire because I had to turn the wire speed WAY up to get a puddle going..... and my puddle consisted mainly of filler rod! If that makes sense.

Gonna sell it local buddy, It would probably me $80 just to ship to you and I need to get all I can out of it to help pay for the new one.
Thats fine man. Ya shipping makes things complicated when selling heavy equipment.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #287
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Between Christmas shopping today I managed to get a little done on the Jeep. I finished cleaning up the frame and towers and got some tacks down while I wait for my new welder. I installed the shocks and wheels and dropped her down to finally see how she sits. 1/8 more shaft showing on the passenger side. No big deal. Overall I'm very pleased with the results and can't wait to burn them in completely and paint it up.

I also spent a frustrating couple hours chasing down the parts to build an extension cord for my new welder to hook up to my dryer outlet. Let me tell you, I now know about 5x as much about electrical plugs than I did yesterday. Sheesh... confusion. After I got the right stuff (from 3 different places) It went together nicely. $100 for a 30' cord! Expensive!

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #288
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Once you use the 220 side of your welder your not going to go back , and you will see that the cord was money well spent . The shock towers look good , and 1/8th difference is about as good as any of us is going to get !
Unread 12-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #289
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Those towers came out good.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
Unread 12-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #290
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Once you use the 220 side of your welder your not going to go back , and you will see that the cord was money well spent . The shock towers look good , and 1/8th difference is about as good as any of us is going to get !
I can't wait Beasley, I love my HH140 and don't regret for a moment that I bought it, but if I'm going to be attempting these types of projects I gotta have the right tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Those towers came out good.
Thanks man! I'm pretty happy with them myself. It's been a fun project. Looking forward to wrapping it up though and starting on the next thing.
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #291
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Your welds are also going to improve , in the case of welders bigger is better
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #292
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I can't wait Beasley, I love my HH140 and don't regret for a moment that I bought it, but if I'm going to be attempting these types of projects I gotta have the right tools.

Thanks man! I'm pretty happy with them myself. It's been a fun project. Looking forward to wrapping it up though and starting on the next thing.
The next project being your 4 link?

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
Unread 12-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #293
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your welds are also going to improve , in the case of welders bigger is better
I wanna weld like this Beasley! UCF Link mounts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
The next project being your 4 link?
Not exactly. I've decided to stick with a lot of what I have. I'm not stretching it, and don't really have an issue with my rear track bar so it's going to stay. I bought some new link brackets that will correct or at least somewhat correct my rear link geometry, and they are lower profile. I will also be able to shorten my links and get rid of the RC 1" link mounting plate therefore raising my T-case skid up another 1". All positives for me, I think I'll be quite happy with the suspension after that. The only other major change that will happen after this is done is that I can relatively easily convert from the radius arm set up to a 3 link.

Unread 12-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #294
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I wanna weld like this Beasley! UCF Link mounts....

So do I !

Quote:
Not exactly. I've decided to stick with a lot of what I have. I'm not stretching it, and don't really have an issue with my rear track bar so it's going to stay. I bought some new link brackets that will correct or at least somewhat correct my rear link geometry, and they are lower profile. I will also be able to shorten my links and get rid of the RC 1" link mounting plate therefore raising my T-case skid up another 1". All positives for me, I think I'll be quite happy with the suspension after that. The only other major change that will happen after this is done is that I can relatively easily convert from the radius arm set up to a 3 link.

Sounds like a solid plan .
Unread 12-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #295
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I agree solid plan indeed

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
Unread 12-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #296
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Where are the new welder pictures ?
Unread 12-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #297
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Where are the new welder pictures ?

Still waiting for it.... shipping from Ohio to Cali, takes a while! I have the whole rig torn down though.... all links off, tank, exhaust, skid..... got plenty of little projects to do in the mean time.
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #298
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Still waiting for it.... shipping from Ohio to Cali, takes a while! I have the whole rig torn down though.... all links off, tank, exhaust, skid..... got plenty of little projects to do in the mean time.
Your UPS driver isnt going to be happy unloading it ...
Unread 12-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #299
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your UPS driver isnt going to be happy unloading it ...
I hope they are being gentle with it.... I can only imagine what it's going through right now to get to me. I finally got some tracking info on it. FRIDAY!!! And I'm off early, and then off on Saturday.
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #300
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I hope they are being gentle with it.... I can only imagine what it's going through right now to get to me. I finally got some tracking info on it. FRIDAY!!! And I'm off early, and then off on Saturday.
Thats good timing ! Next thing we know you will be back halfing your frame .

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.