Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 197 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #2941
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Anxious to see how you and Art like them out there.....they've got plenty of haters in your neck of the woods.

Personally, I'm a huge fan. Huge NVH absorption, excellent durability so far, and no reason to grease after the initial coating. Getting rid of 14 grease zerks wasn't the worst thing ever.
Connor if they can handle the repeated flexing and are durable why not.
I am happy with JJ's in my Jeep and doubt I will change anytime soon.
To me those work well are durable and very easy and cheap to rebuilt. Doesn't mean that those duralast bushings are a more sensible or more appealing alternative for other Jeep owners.
To be honest curious how well they will do, the one lil Grinder trail will squeeze every last lil bit of flex out of white lighting.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #2942
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03
I smell, trailer queen!
Haha, better than garage queen I guess!
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #2943
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345
Connor if they can handle the repeated flexing and are durable why not. I am happy with JJ's in my Jeep and doubt I will change anytime soon. To me those work well are durable and very easy and cheap to rebuilt. Doesn't mean that those duralast bushings are a more sensible or more appealing alternative for other Jeep owners. To be honest curious how well they will do, the one lil Grinder trail will squeeze every last lil bit of flex out of white lighting.
Duralast! Haha, has metalcloak partnered up with autozone?! Awesome
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #2944
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm
Haha, better than garage queen I guess!
Ouch, I take offense to that
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #2945
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500
Ouch, I take offense to that
Haha, get used to it race car man. You're out of the over achieving 4cyl club btw.
Unread 11-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #2946
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
You're out of the over achieving 4cyl club btw.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #2947
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Duralast! Haha, has metalcloak partnered up with autozone?! Awesome
Don't have much interest in them so no idea what they are called, duralast came to mind. In my misguided opinion they are great for occasional mild to moderate wheelin and will work well for that for years. Now start flexing the snot out of your rig on a weekly or by weekly basis and try hard to get the most out of your suspension on the same weekly or biweekly basis and I am pretty sure they will not live a long and happy life. Such is the nature of rubber bushings, regardless of how fancy they are made

Unread 11-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #2948
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Don't have much interest in them so no idea what they are called, duralast came to mind. In my misguided opinion they are great for occasional mild to moderate wheelin and will work well for that for years. Now start flexing the snot out of your rig on a weekly or by weekly basis and try hard to get the most out of your suspension on the same weekly or biweekly basis and I am pretty sure they will not live a long and happy life. Such is the nature of rubber bushings, regardless of how fancy they are made
I can't compare to JJ's as I haven't had them, but so far so good with the MC joints. Not sure how hard or often the rigs that have them run, but I've been flexin' the snot outa mine at minimum every other weekend hours on end since I put them on in July. Holding up great so far and quiet as a mouse. Ride is awesome too, but like ya said, I'll find out eventually.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #2949
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
I can't compare to JJ's as I haven't had them, but so far so good with the MC joints. Not sure how hard or often the rigs that have them run, but I've been flexin' the snot outa mine at minimum every other weekend hours on end since I put them on in July. Holding up great so far and quiet as a mouse. Ride is awesome too, but like ya said, I'll find out eventually.
Just looked at them a lil closer and it looks like the rubber bushing can spin in the barrel, which from a flex standpoint is a good thing. From a wear point of view not so good, but it will keep it from ripping and shredding

Unread 11-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #2950
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345
These are suuuuper fancy though Art! I heard NASA is using them on the next Mars rover???

Sorry Art I know you're passionate about using stuff that just works and don't see a need to reinvent the flex joint...... But that don't mean these cant work as well or possibly better for some people. We shall see how I like them, I do have to admit that most people running them, don't wheel very often and I'm a little worried about that, mainly because I wheel much more than your average person it seems.
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #2951
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
These are suuuuper fancy though Art! I heard NASA is using them on the next Mars rover???

Sorry Art I know you're passionate about using stuff that just works and don't see a need to reinvent the flex joint...... But that don't mean these cant work as well or possibly better for some people. We shall see how I like them, I do have to admit that most people running them, don't wheel very often and I'm a little worried about that, mainly because I wheel much more than your average person it seems.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained right

Unread 11-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #2952
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If frequent, repeated incidents of full misalignment are all you're worried about then be prepared to be impressed. That particular concern is a non-issue.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #2953
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
If frequent, repeated incidents of full misalignment are all you're worried about then be prepared to be impressed. That particular concern is a non-issue.
I am ready to be impressed, we will see how white lightning does. Got a pretty good workout for it in mind.
Now as far as rotational movement goes, am I correct that the rubber bushing basically spins in the housing/barrel?

Unread 11-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #2954
Shobes
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Haha, I feel like Nate better bring his A game, this has stepped up a notch now .
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #2955
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobes
Haha, I feel like Nate better bring his A game, this has stepped up a notch now .
Oh hell yeah, Art you follow me buddy!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.