Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 188 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Reply
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #2806
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Well the Dusy is a pretty magical place. I'm used to wheeling in this area but this trail stands on it's own in regards to beauty. It wasn't the adrenaline filled day I thought I was hoping for, but it ended up being a day full of awesome scenery and endurance. We did 21 off road miles today. Most of them loose rocks and boulders. Our goal was to make it to Thompson hill (10 mile point) and we did. Thomson hill was the highlight of the wheeling. I don't know of another hill that long with that many loose boulders, rocks, trees and a decent angle. I shot a pretty cool video of it start to finish...... It's around 10min from bottom to top...... that's a LONG hill! Overall great day..... I'm VERY exhausted. Left at 5am, home at 830pm. Haha.... Oh yeah the Jeep did very well today. Seemed a little "creaky" than last trip. I think that means I need to do some maintenance / lubrication stuff.

Here's a few pics.... video is uploading. About 75% of my photos didn't come out because of shadows from the trees.... darn it.

















I had no idea I got my friend in this photo but I think it's a cool.



I'm moving to Cali.....can I live in your basement?

Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #2807
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,137
I really like how this video came out with the Gopro mounted to my buddies rig. Fun to watch my little heep do work!

__________________
My Build Thread
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #2808
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,431
More pics of that Yota!
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #2809
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,317
What's your verdict on the Anti Rock off road? I've always liked the idea of one, but haven't justified spending the $$.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #2810
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Awesome scenery...the Jeep looks slick too!
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
I love those lil pieces of log road, Dusy has beautifull scenery. We made it the first day there to East Lake about 4 years ago, then took 2 more days to finish it. For the better wheelin start from the other end Ershim lake is my favorite campground on the trail
Next time if we do a day trip, we know we can cover around 20 miles round trip so we will start from the other side and hopefully and make it to Ershim lake. We were both agreeing with you about 2 miles in. Not to difficult but still a great time. We gotta remember it's not always about the most difficult terrain, sometimes it's just nice to relax and cruise the back country. Thompson hill was some good fun though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I'm moving to Cali.....can I live in your basement?
Haha, sorry bro, no basements in CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
More pics of that Yota!
It's a sweet 4runner. Not all beat to crap like most others. He keeps it clean and takes pride in it. It's dual cased on 37 MTR's, locked, geared, hydro assist... all the goodies and get's around quite well on it's leafs and is stable as all hell in almost every situation even with a relatively high lift height. It's got about 25" of belly clearance that I'm always jealous of.

__________________
My Build Thread
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #2811
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
What's your verdict on the Anti Rock off road? I've always liked the idea of one, but haven't justified spending the $$.
I have to say..... I like it but think it's overpriced. It does keep the suspension and chassis under control but it's not that noticeable for slow speed rock crawling and that's really all I pay attention to. I don't think I'm doing anything now that I couldn't before because of it but I've made so many changes to this rig and my confidence level has gone up quite a bit with the stretch so I may have diluted it's impact significantly. I will say side hilling and off camber situations I am feeling like the jeep just sticks and stays parallel to the terrain and I don't think my stretch had anything to do with that. All in all I'm happy to have it, the convenience of not disconnecting I LOVE, the actual look of the part on the Jeep I really like also. So I'd say if you have some extra cash and are looking for a fun bolt on mod, this is a good one. I just don't see why it's almost $400 (w tax / shipping).
__________________
My Build Thread
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #2812
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I have to say..... I like it but think it's overpriced. It does keep the suspension and chassis under control but it's not that noticeable for slow speed rock crawling and that's really all I pay attention to. I don't think I'm doing anything now that I couldn't before because of it but I've made so many changes to this rig and my confidence level has gone up quite a bit with the stretch so I may have diluted it's impact significantly. I will say side hilling and off camber situations I am feeling like the jeep just sticks and stays parallel to the terrain and I don't think my stretch had anything to do with that. All in all I'm happy to have it, the convenience of not disconnecting I LOVE, the actual look of the part on the Jeep I really like also. So I'd say if you have some extra cash and are looking for a fun bolt on mod, this is a good one. I just don't see why it's almost $400 (w tax / shipping).
Best review I have gotten yet, I too love the way it looks, but I think for the price, I will just spend the <5 mins disconnecting my sway bar
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #2813
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
It's a sweet 4runner. Not all beat to crap like most others. He keeps it clean and takes pride in it. It's dual cased on 37 MTR's, locked, geared, hydro assist... all the goodies and get's around quite well on it's leafs and is stable as all hell in almost every situation even with a relatively high lift height. It's got about 25" of belly clearance that I'm always jealous of.
I love that thing. Ya know.. I'd be lying if I said I dont think about selling my Jeep and building a Toy like that. Cheaper to build and do what my TJ does and then some it seems like a no brainer.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #2814
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario, Cali
Posts: 6,290
Nah if you want to go nuts scour pirate and other wheelin sites and just buy a built up Jeep that somebody that either needs money or got tired with the hobby, wants to unload. There are good deals out there that will make a great wheeler after a bit of love and modding
__________________
My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #2815
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,137
Cleaned up and ready for some maintenance...



image-3974503059.jpg
__________________
My Build Thread
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #2816
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I love that thing. Ya know.. I'd be lying if I said I dont think about selling my Jeep and building a Toy like that. Cheaper to build and do what my TJ does and then some it seems like a no brainer.
The thought crosses my mind also, but don't think there's not a TON of time and money in that 4runner. We've compared costs are were both north of 20k including the cost of the vehicle. Doing an SAS on a Yota isn't cheap or easy if you want to do it as cleanly as this one is done, also he's got about 3k in that front axle, It's money no matter what. For me it has a lot to do with the Jeep look and that I like having a newer vehicle and I think Coil and Link suspension is neat. Yota's are cool though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Nah if you want to go nuts scour pirate and other wheelin sites and just buy a built up Jeep that somebody that either needs money or got tired with the hobby, wants to unload. There are good deals out there that will make a great wheeler after a bit of love and modding
When you gonna sell yours? You won't recognize it after I get it!
__________________
My Build Thread
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #2817
yellow_snocone
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Holloman AFB, NM
Posts: 1,465
Great looking scenery you got there Nate. Only reason I would love in California is for the outdoor sights.
__________________
Military Jeepers
S.W. New Mexico region

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #2818
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange, CT
Posts: 3,981
I love that helldorado waterfall pic on your wall!

Also pics came out great, I havent watched the video yet because it wont play on my cell phone but I will later on.
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #2819
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario, Cali
Posts: 6,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
The thought crosses my mind also, but don't think there's not a TON of time and money in that 4runner. We've compared costs are were both north of 20k including the cost of the vehicle. Doing an SAS on a Yota isn't cheap or easy if you want to do it as cleanly as this one is done, also he's got about 3k in that front axle, It's money no matter what. For me it has a lot to do with the Jeep look and that I like having a newer vehicle and I think Coil and Link suspension is neat. Yota's are cool though.



When you g onna sell yours? You won't recognize it after I get it!
I'll never allow my sweet lil Jeep to become prissy
__________________
My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #2820
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post

The thought crosses my mind also, but don't think there's not a TON of time and money in that 4runner. We've compared costs are were both north of 20k including the cost of the vehicle. Doing an SAS on a Yota isn't cheap or easy if you want to do it as cleanly as this one is done, also he's got about 3k in that front axle, It's money no matter what. For me it has a lot to do with the Jeep look and that I like having a newer vehicle and I think Coil and Link suspension is neat. Yota's are cool though.

When you gonna sell yours? You won't recognize it after I get it!
Yea I agree. Ive watched some of those rigs wheel and am just amazed at them. Maybe Im just getting the build bug and was wanting something a little different. Still, maybe one day you never know.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.