Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 175 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #2611
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't even gotten mine oh well.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #2612
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
You have to PM Matson. Its just an email gift cert. Gotta call to use it anyway, so just call and talk to them..

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #2613
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've been running MC's front uppers for a while now with now problems (DF joint at frame end, Clevite on axle end.) Notice the nastiness of the lowers and clean and shiny on the uppers!
p1050574.jpg

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #2614
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
You have to PM Matson. Its just an email gift cert. Gotta call to use it anyway, so just call and talk to them..
Sent PM awhile ago no respond, I'll give'em a call.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #2615
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
I had to hit him up a second time, I was just gonna forget about it until Lou told me the amount. It's worth the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I've been running MC's front uppers for a while now with now problems (DF joint at frame end, Clevite on axle end.) Notice the nastiness of the lowers and clean and shiny on the uppers!
That's good info. I forgot that you really have no choice right now but to run that on the front uppers using the stock axle mounts. Thanks Bob.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #2616
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Got my other new toy today.... gotta say it's a pretty sexy contraption. I can't say installing the bushings in the frame is much fun though. Mine were a rather tight fit. I swung by my buddies on the test drive and forked it out, I wasn't worried about the flex, it's got plenty, but I was worried that the bolt for the sway bar link was going to be all over my MC inner fender. I was wrong though, it just barely clears. That's cool. Street driving impressions were good, little more body roll to be expected but not a big deal. It's going to feel weird not having to disconnect and reconnect, I'm so used to doing it.

Unread 10-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #2617
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Use the second hole in the arm, will allow full flex and give a lil more stability

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #2618
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Use the second hole in the arm, will allow full flex and give a lil more stability
No way! I want MAX MEGA flex bro. I'm gonna try it like this and play with it from here. I think this will be just fine though. When you getting yours???
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #2619
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dude....

You could set the arms to the shortest effective length and still use all your shock travel. I run a stiffer bar than you and have the links set to the middle hole on the arms, along with a stiffer rear bar with relatively short arms.....I have no issue using all of my shock travel and it handles like a champ on the road.

As for the frame inserts, do them frequently and you'll get quick with them. A little sanding to smooth out the starting edges makes it much easier.....add a rectangular block of wood and a good hammer and you can have them set in a couple minutes.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #2620
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I DD mine on the last hole, not a big deal as far as body roll goes. I drove it for a little bit w/o a sway bar so maybe anything was better than none.
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #2621
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Dude....

You could set the arms to the shortest effective length and still use all your shock travel. I run a stiffer bar than you and have the links set to the middle hole on the arms, along with a stiffer rear bar with relatively short arms.....I have no issue using all of my shock travel and it handles like a champ on the road.

As for the frame inserts, do them frequently and you'll get quick with them. A little sanding to smooth out the starting edges makes it much easier.....add a rectangular block of wood and a good hammer and you can have them set in a couple minutes.
Conner is spot on with this one. I run mine exactly as he said with no loss in articulation. Your going to love the antirock
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #2622
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
Dude.... You could set the arms to the shortest effective length and still use all your shock travel. I run a stiffer bar than you and have the links set to the middle hole on the arms, along with a stiffer rear bar with relatively short arms.....I have no issue using all of my shock travel and it handles like a champ on the road. As for the frame inserts, do them frequently and you'll get quick with them. A little sanding to smooth out the starting edges makes it much easier.....add a rectangular block of wood and a good hammer and you can have them set in a couple minutes.
Dude..........

Haha give me a second to play with it! I might like it a little loose, maybe a little tighter. I'm going wheeling Sunday and plan to try a few settings. As far as the inserts, I don't think 6 years of frame painting helped. After I sanded they went in pretty easy, but put up more fight than I anticipated. No biggie.
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #2623
yellow_snocone
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Man Nate you might get me to spend more money then I would like if the Antirock makes your a complete believer lol

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #2624
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone
Man Nate you might get me to spend more money then I would like if the Antirock makes your a complete believer lol
I thought you had one??? To many builds to follow!
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #2625
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I thought you had one??? To many builds to follow!
I lost count at how many I am following, lol! Just to help you out, I don't have most things, including the AR, so you can save yourself some time looking at my build.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.