Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 165 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 09-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #2461
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Thanks Mike! I have to say white is the easiest to keep looking good though. Your ****'s clean too man. You might not be sick enough to clean it every morning in Moab before wheeling, but that's probably a way more healthy attitude towards it.
What's with the detailing, you were supposed to do mine first and touch up all the paint

Unread 09-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #2462
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think I need to pull everything and do a more thorough job of painting my parts. I use to, and I've slacked lately, especially when trying to put it together before Moab. Essentially I just put enough paint on it to not completely rust out before I get time to re-do it all
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #2463
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We've got an Ace over here that needs remodeled. Actually can you build one closer to my house? I hate driving all the way over there.
Cant help you , unless you want a True Value .

And it still amazes me how clean your rig is ...
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #2464
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I like the rails on better too.

I need to detail mine.
Thanks man! Your rig is super clean to. You even make the stock fenders look good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
What's with the detailing, you were supposed to do mine first and touch up all the paint
Then you went and painted it brown... I don't stock that color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
I think I need to pull everything and do a more thorough job of painting my parts. I use to, and I've slacked lately, especially when trying to put it together before Moab. Essentially I just put enough paint on it to not completely rust out before I get time to re-do it all
That's funny, I thought it looked quite detailed. That goes to show that we are all our worst critics. I know every flaw on my jeep, whether it be just cosmetic or not the best fab.... but everyone thinks is pretty legit. To ME... lot's of projects even when it's up and going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Cant help you , unless you want a True Value .

And it still amazes me how clean your rig is ...
True Value... Ace... same **** aint it?

Honestly I was surprised how clean everyone's rig was in Moab. Definitely a gathering of like minded folks.
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #2465
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If only I kept mine as clean as your jeep Nate

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #2466
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
If only I kept mine as clean as your jeep Nate
To hard to keep black clean... paint it white during your stretch. Seriously though while stretching I'm sure you'll also find the time to detail it out.
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #2467
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've been eye balling my frame I think a nice coat would be a great to do while I'm down there

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #2468
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's funny, I thought it looked quite detailed. That goes to show that we are all our worst critics. I know every flaw on my jeep, whether it be just cosmetic or not the best fab.... but everyone thinks is pretty legit. To ME... lot's of projects even when it's up and going.
Thanks! You're right, we are all our own worst critics. There is a lot that I need/want to go back and clean up on mine that might not bother some. I want it looking fully finished and not thrown together to get it running. I know to some it didn't look it (maybe it did ) but I skipped a lot of what I think will be cool, final details that really finish it off cosmetically and make it look "finished". I really just tried to get functionality and even that needs a little cleaning up.
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #2469
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Thanks! You're right, we are all our own worst critics. There is a lot that I need/want to go back and clean up on mine that might not bother some. I want it looking fully finished and not thrown together to get it running. I know to some it didn't look it (maybe it did ) but I skipped a lot of what I think will be cool, final details that really finish it off cosmetically and make it look "finished". I really just tried to get functionality and even that needs a little cleaning up.
Well the rush is over Mikey, so have at it. Been wanting to fix the hood of my Jalopy, who knows, might happen some time this winter
Unread 09-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #2470
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Well the rush is over Mikey, so have at it.
I know it, more work coming soon! Suppose to start having some nicer weather around here soon and I've got some nice plans for "finishing" what I started last winter
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #2471
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah I am guilty of rushing things through and having to redo them as well. Did we mention how amazingly clean Nates jeep looks! Seriously wish you could help me clean up mine. I am second in line after Art!
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #2472
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermeyg View Post
Yeah I am guilty of rushing things through and having to redo them as well. Did we mention how amazingly clean Nates jeep looks! Seriously wish you could help me clean up mine. I am second in line after Art!
Thanks Jermey, your rig is no slouch in the cleanliness department, just like it's no slouch in the capability department! I do remember you looking at my front end and saying something like "Do you ever use it?"... haha. Proud moment for my OCD.
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #2473
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

My buddy who own's an exhaust and off road shop bought a Torchmate 4x4 Plasma table a few months ago, and just simply due to his workload has had little time to play with it. Well.... I decided to help him out and train myself how to use it. I took about 4 hours worth of online training over the last couple days and finally went and played around with it today. Using the CAD software is right up my alley.... I really enjoy working with excel and the like, so this CAD stuff comes pretty natural. It is tedious to do certain things, and I'm sure as you get better you find quicker ways to accomplish the same things. At any rate... I'm excited to be learning on it and glad he's willing to let me. If we get something into production that hit's... it might even turn into some income. We'll see.

He was also having a binding problem at the extremities of torch travel that I was able to fix. The gantry comes pre-assembled from Torchmate and they did not tighten down the inside roller bearings..... needless to say I now know quite a bit about the assembly and disassembly of the machine.

I made a pretty cool sign today with this shop's name in it... I forgot to take a photo but I plan to post up some things that I cut just for fun. If anyone needs something cut out... I'm looking for some simple projects to help me learn. Just pay for the material and shipping.
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #2474
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

sweeet!!!
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #2475
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Excel and cad similar, haha. Nice table I played with many of these during college. Great tool.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.