Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 158 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 08-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #2356
MO2500
Fabramicator
 
MO2500's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 6,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Mike even if Jay doesn't race this year are you thinking about coming out to spectate?
As of right now, yes, I plan to be there in some form. Would be cool to just spectate, walk around the pits and just enjoy Hammertown since we barely put down the wrenches from the time I arrived till the time I left this year. I missed everything going on throughout the week other than the transformation of Jay's Jeep

Hopefully if we compete again we will have more time to practice, hang out and relax a little before race day.

__________________
My Jeep Build
Useful tech links:
Stu-Offroad - great technical write-ups!
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #2357
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post

As of right now, yes, I plan to be there in some form. Would be cool to just spectate, walk around the pits and just enjoy Hammertown since we barely put down the wrenches from the time I arrived till the time I left this year. I missed everything going on throughout the week other than the transformation of Jay's Jeep

Hopefully if we compete again we will have more time to practice, hang out and relax a little before race day.
Cool, ill make sure I'm there as well for Thursday at least. Sounds like fun.
__________________
My Build Thread
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #2358
MO2500
Fabramicator
 
MO2500's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 6,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Cool, ill make sure I'm there as well for Thursday at least. Sounds like fun.
Bring the Jeep out a couple days and do some pre-running with us
__________________
My Jeep Build
Useful tech links:
Stu-Offroad - great technical write-ups!
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #2359
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario, Cali
Posts: 6,651
Looks Like Fred and me will be camping out there all week in his Motorhome
__________________
My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #2360
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Bring the Jeep out a couple days and do some pre-running with us
You know I will (try) at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Looks Like Fred and me will be camping out there all week in his Motorhome
Official JF build thread get together at KOH....
__________________
My Build Thread
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #2361
gspup
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Demfer, CO
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm

You know I will (try) at least!

Official JF build thread get together at KOH....
...no need for a build thread...we'll just use yours Nate.

I will make JV this year, but that means I won't make the rubicon. I like my decision. And I can bring my winter camping gear
__________________
TJ build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ljs-devil-1329976/
gspup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #2362
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
...no need for a build thread...we'll just use yours Nate.

I will make JV this year, but that means I won't make the rubicon. I like my decision. And I can bring my winter camping gear
Rubicon trip will blow KOH outta the water. KOH is cool, but I'll probably leave depressed looking at all the high dollar **** and people having fun racing. It'll be way more fun if Jay or Mike or Jay and Mike are racing.
__________________
My Build Thread
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #2363
gspup
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Demfer, CO
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm

Rubicon trip will blow KOH outta the water. KOH is cool, but I'll probably leave depressed looking at all the high dollar **** and people having fun racing. It'll be way more fun if Jay or Mike or Jay and Mike are racing.
Maybe, but this trip WILL be cheaper that the rubi trip.
__________________
TJ build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ljs-devil-1329976/
gspup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #2364
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,517
I'm hoping to make it out to KOH next year for the first time. I always have something come up. Hopefully I can make it to the EMC and main race but the chances of that are still slim .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Rubicon trip will blow KOH outta the water. KOH is cool, but I'll probably leave depressed looking at all the high dollar **** and people having fun racing. It'll be way more fun if Jay or Mike or Jay and Mike are racing.
If you bring your rig we can go wheeling afterwards?
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:32 PM   #2365
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario, Cali
Posts: 6,651
before and after, the day after the race trails are extensively remodeled, makes them so much more fun
__________________
My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #2366
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I'm hoping to make it out to KOH next year for the first time. I always have something come up. Hopefully I can make it to the EMC and main race but the chances of that are still slim .



If you bring your rig we can go wheeling afterwards?
I'm all for that, Unless there's a bunch of drunk *******s everywhere. The ONE thing I don't like about our hobby, is that it's still accepted to be out there getting **** faced drunk and wheeling. I think it's pretty pathetic to even need to drink while spectating.... you should have seen all the drunk idiots I was surrounded by while watching last year. It was honestly sad watching grown men and women falling over trying to walk around the rocks. You would think watching the greatest spectacle in the sport and being in one of the most awesome places would be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
before and after, the day after the race trails are extensively remodeled, makes them so much more fun
That sounds like fun, depending on traffic. Nate loves to wheel and ain't afraid to run much, but I HATE feeling rushed while wheeling.
__________________
My Build Thread
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #2367
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
before and after, the day after the race trails are extensively remodeled, makes them so much more fun
Fun for your Jeep, Hell for mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I'm all for that, Unless there's a bunch of drunk *******s everywhere. The ONE thing I don't like about our hobby, is that it's still accepted to be out there getting **** faced drunk and wheeling. I think it's pretty pathetic to even need to drink while spectating.... you should have seen all the drunk idiots I was surrounded by while watching last year. It was honestly sad watching grown men and women falling over trying to walk around the rocks. You would think watching the greatest spectacle in the sport and being in one of the most awesome places would be enough.
We could always go somewhere else like Cougar Buttes, still plenty of fun to be had elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
That sounds like fun, depending on traffic. Nate loves to wheel and ain't afraid to run much, but I HATE feeling rushed while wheeling.
X2.. I don't really like being in groups that go way too fast or when there's a million of those drunks who are on your ***. I like to relax and enjoy the trail at a comfortable speed.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:23 PM   #2368
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario, Cali
Posts: 6,651
Cougar Buttes is a wheelin paradise for Jeeps on 33's and 35's and only 20 miles west of the Hammers
__________________
My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #2369
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,268
My labor day fun.... cleaning up this ugly 8.8.

__________________
My Build Thread
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #2370
kyle_craig
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: White Bear Laaake, Minnesooota
Posts: 2,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
My labor day fun.... cleaning up this ugly 8.8.
Not happy with the Dana 35?
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.