Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 156 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #2326
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Do what Art did and install a camera underneath!
I'm not that Hi-tec. Haha. I just bought some cable clamps and a 2000lb threaded link instead of a hook. I figure this way if it breaks again, it can be a quick trail repair if I want. WIth the length of cable I have spooled onto the drum I probably have 2 more breaks left before needing more cable. I also paid more attention to how long I need to spool it out after using it so as to not give it to much slack.

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #2327
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post

I spooled mine out to far in MOAB, it caught on something and snapped. I need to make sure after I use to it, to only let it out enough to have full travel. It's kind of hard though without getting out and looking at it. I'm also thinking synthetic, but also think I'll have the same issue.
Yep getting out to check is kind of a pain in the butt. I wish there was a way to know how much I need to let out from the cab.

At least a short synthetic line will solve the problem of being able to put the line back on nicely. 50' of cable is too much, haha.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #2328
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm not that Hi-tec. Haha. I just bought some cable clamps and a 2000lb threaded link instead of a hook. I figure this way if it breaks again, it can be a quick trail repair if I want. WIth the length of cable I have spooled onto the drum I probably have 2 more breaks left before needing more cable. I also paid more attention to how long I need to spool it out after using it so as to not give it to much slack.
How about a proximity sensor?
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #2329
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Or a RV backup camera?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #2330
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermeyg View Post
How about a proximity sensor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Or a RV backup camera?
Na, just need to not spool it out so far. No electronic aid needed. A timed momentary switch would be cool though.
Unread 08-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #2331
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Knocked out a couple more little projects today.... engine bay detailed out a little more than I did the other day, repainted cage (just the scratched areas), fixed up a buggered weld that was bothering me, fixed the suck down, and made a trip to tractor supply for some 6.5 ton clevises for the rear bumper. Got the swanky black ones with the gold pin.

I think the longer it takes me to get the tank the cleaner and more dialed in this Jeep will be. Haha. I know it's a waste of time but I'd LOVE to pull the seats out and really clean up the interior (again).

Unread 08-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #2332
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That has been my issue with the suckdown winch, to A let it out enough after sucking it in. I snapped mine trying to power up some dirt hill and when I backed out of it ti bounced and snapped the cable, has had clamps on it ever since works quite well and easy to fix on the trail. I still prefer a center strap though, simple and reliable.
By the way, when are you coming to my house? I need to have 2 Jeeps cleaned, painted and detailed.
On a more serious note, pretty much looks like I will be in your neck of the woods for some wheelin next week.
Going to do the better part of the Dusy both ways and Swamplake and maybe some other stuff if we are in the mood.
On the way home I am thinking about hitting up the Hollister OHV area.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #2333
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
That has been my issue with the suckdown winch, to A let it out enough after sucking it in. I snapped mine trying to power up some dirt hill and when I backed out of it ti bounced and snapped the cable, has had clamps on it ever since works quite well and easy to fix on the trail. I still prefer a center strap though, simple and reliable.
By the way, when are you coming to my house? I need to have 2 Jeeps cleaned, painted and detailed.
On a more serious note, pretty much looks like I will be in your neck of the woods for some wheelin next week.
Going to do the better part of the Dusy both ways and Swamplake and maybe some other stuff if we are in the mood.
On the way home I am thinking about hitting up the Hollister OHV area.
What days you gonna be around Art? And Hollister is quite a way north still... and really not all that great IMO, compared to what you'll be doing over here.
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #2334
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Most likely head out early Tuesday, hit Ershim lake Campground Tuesday night, then back to the trailer and on to Swamplake.
Any other worthwhile trails in the Shaverlake area? Will have to see what I do after, Pismo has been a long time ago also

Unread 08-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #2335
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Most likely head out early Tuesday, hit Ershim lake Campground Tuesday night, then back to the trailer and on to Swamplake.
Any other worthwhile trails in the Shaverlake area? Will have to see what I do after, Pismo has been a long time ago also
Man it sucks that my rig is down! You should also do Red Lake and Coyote Lake trail, they are connected and fun.
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #2336
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nate's right, Hollister is a bit of a drive north, and after hitting the spots you mentioned, Hollister would be a disappointment.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #2337
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Made this little full profile comparison photo.... I thought it was pretty cool.

Unread 08-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #2338
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quit posting pictures of that thing. Your giving me bad ideas.

Any ETA on when she will be wheeling ready?
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #2339
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Nate's right, Hollister is a bit of a drive north, and after hitting the spots you mentioned, Hollister would be a disappointment.
We did the Dusy 3 years ago and the part after ershim lake was the most fun, wanted to turn around so bad and run that part the other way, just for the heck of it. Guess we are making good on that finally

Unread 08-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #2340
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Quit posting pictures of that thing. Your giving me bad ideas.

Any ETA on when she will be wheeling ready?
Sorry posting pictures and staring at it are all I have right now! I'm guaranteeing I'll be wheeling by October 6th. But if a good Labor day sale pops up..... I'm prepared to jump on it. I'm really hoping for a good sale! Cheapest i've been quoted on the tank is $874 shipped.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.