Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 152 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 08-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #2266
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I've considered it but everywhere I wheel is over an hour away so Im always bringing tools, a cooler, possible camping gear, and other things that every inch of tub space is needed.
Lou a good set of tire plugs goes a long way.
Made it down mountain roads last sunday with a bout 5 plugs sticking out of the sidewall. If need be carry some good tire patches too

Unread 08-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #2267
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sometimes I wish I had room for the spare in the tub then just get a crossmember for the back. Don't like not having a spare.

Or a body mounted tire carrier.. Oh well live and learn.

Jeep looks good by the way. Ill drop mine off next week.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #2268
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Sometimes I wish I had room for the spare in the tub then just get a crossmember for the back. Don't like not having a spare.

Or a body mounted tire carrier.. Oh well live and learn.

Jeep looks good by the way. Ill drop mine off next week.
Haha, yours is to pretty to cut up!
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #2269
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Working on the Civic today..... Bad A/C compressor pulley bearing. And you have to buy the entire clutch just to get a new pulley. Bull****! Oh well at least I can do it without unhooking the compressor. Ironically the main tool for the job.... A nice set of snap ring pliers. There goes $150 from the tank fund. FML!
Why not just get a new bearing? I don't know about where you live, but I have an electric motor repair shop near me that has just about every bearing imaginable. Just a thought...

Btw, jeep's looking good Nate!
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #2270
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallen View Post
Why not just get a new bearing? I don't know about where you live, but I have an electric motor repair shop near me that has just about every bearing imaginable. Just a thought...

Btw, jeep's looking good Nate!
Thanks man!

I looked into the new bearing situation... and the only info. I could find was that the bearing was pressed in, in a manor that made pressing it out, without damaging the pulley difficult. I just want to be done with the repair, and not touch it again for a long time hopefully. I'm pissed you can't just buy the pulley though, with the bearing already pressed in. The actual clutch functions just fine. Oh well.... it beats taking it to a shop to have them tell me they have to replace entire compressor.
Unread 08-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #2271
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just pick up a fuel cell of fleabay and a pump ring. A little cheaper then a stretch tank.

I hear you on Honda work. I used to work on a bunch. One thing I don't miss is how small my hands would need to be to get around in the engine.. Jeeps are spacious and I love engine work on them for the most part

Hope to see this thing get broken in... I bet it drives awesome now
Unread 08-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #2272
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Just pick up a fuel cell of fleabay and a pump ring. A little cheaper then a stretch tank.

I hear you on Honda work. I used to work on a bunch. One thing I don't miss is how small my hands would need to be to get around in the engine.. Jeeps are spacious and I love engine work on them for the most part

Hope to see this thing get broken in... I bet it drives awesome now
Fuel Cell just won't work for me. Need the tank underneath and the Genright tank just solves the problem. It's expensive, but luckily I've gotten off pretty cheap with this entire stretch.... so I can splurge and go with convenience of the Genright. I thought it would take me longer to get to actually needing the tank....

Yeah I don't miss working on the belt side of FWD cars. There's just NO room.
Unread 08-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #2273
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Civics are the debil!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #2274
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nate, I recently added some d-rings to my tub to strap the spare down. I put 1 in each corner of the tub. The d-rings were like $5 at Lowe's for the set of 4.

By the way, great job on the stretch. It's so clean it looks stock!
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #2275
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you need more room, this is what I did the last time I wheeled. I took an old speed limit sign that fell down in front of my house, cut the post & laid it between the wheel wells. There is a grommet in the top of each, pop that out & bolt the crossmember down, lean the tire against it & strap. Tons of room underneath for my full hiking pack, tools, spares, etc. You can see those funky brackets I was talking about by the tailgate in the first pic.

Misc
Misc

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #2276
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just lay mine down and strap to the sit mounts and the two tie down points near the swing out door. Plenty of room for gear and tools behind my front seats and ontop of the tire

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/chesters-tj-build-1420405/"][COLOR="Green"]Chester TJ build[/COLOR][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/rubicon-trail-august-9th-11th-2014-a-1550022/"][COLOR="Blue"]2014 JF RUBICON TRIP[/COLOR][/URL]
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #2277
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Civics are the debil!
Word... damn things aren't supposed to break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
Nate, I recently added some d-rings to my tub to strap the spare down. I put 1 in each corner of the tub. The d-rings were like $5 at Lowe's for the set of 4.

By the way, great job on the stretch. It's so clean it looks stock!
That's what I was thinking. Nice work. I have to have everything secure... it's a little pet peeve of mine. And thanks for the compliment on the stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
If you need more room, this is what I did the last time I wheeled. I took an old speed limit sign that fell down in front of my house, cut the post & laid it between the wheel wells. There is a grommet in the top of each, pop that out & bolt the crossmember down, lean the tire against it & strap. Tons of room underneath for my full hiking pack, tools, spares, etc. You can see those funky brackets I was talking about by the tailgate in the first pic.

Misc
Misc
That's also a good idea, now I gotta go knock down a street sign today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
I just lay mine down and strap to the sit mounts and the two tie down points near the swing out door. Plenty of room for gear and tools behind my front seats and ontop of the tire
Those little tie factory tie down points weren't cutting it for me when I tried that... they have since been removed but I'm thinking while I'm waiting for the tank to mess around with some little details like this.
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #2278
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
That's also a good idea, now I gotta go knock down a street sign today.
I'd wait until after dark.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #2279
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
I'd wait until after dark.
Oops... already done.
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #2280
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I dont recall any photos of what you did to address the rear body mounts on the crossmember

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.