Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 144 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 08-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #2146
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
So much easier doing that with the wheel wells cut. I did this as best I could with my stock wheel well. I can't want to make it look like that.

Good work
Yeah with that vertical support I HATED sticking my hand in there! The taillight wiring was atrocious for years, Oh well you couldn't see it.

Unread 08-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #2147
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
That's a good idea also, and one I may have pursued had I not already had all the work into relocating the coil mounts and the shock towers.
One of the major reasons I held back on doing all that.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/chesters-tj-build-1420405/"][COLOR="Green"]Chester TJ build[/COLOR][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/rubicon-trail-august-9th-11th-2014-a-1550022/"][COLOR="Blue"]2014 JF RUBICON TRIP[/COLOR][/URL]
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #2148
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
One of the major reason I held back on doing all that.
I thought long and hard before I did all that....... then I wheeled with Art, Mike and Lu J/K, this was something that was supposed to happen in a few years, but I got this plan in my head and just couldn't wait. Oh well, hey Artec has a TJ back half kit now also..... that would be cool. It might be geared more for Coilovers only though.
Unread 08-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #2149
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Dude you need to put up some instruction on your method and cleaning agents so we can achieve half the results. Such a clean TJ!
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #2150
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I thought long and hard before I did all that....... then I wheeled with Art, Mike and Lu J/K, this was something that was supposed to happen in a few years, but I got this plan in my head and just couldn't wait. Oh well, hey Artec has a TJ back half kit now also..... that would be cool. It might be geared more for Coilovers only though.

Most of the kits I've seen seem to be geared towards coilovers. I may just go a custom route and stick to the coil springs.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/chesters-tj-build-1420405/"][COLOR="Green"]Chester TJ build[/COLOR][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/rubicon-trail-august-9th-11th-2014-a-1550022/"][COLOR="Blue"]2014 JF RUBICON TRIP[/COLOR][/URL]
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #2151
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nate heres another method for your rear flares that blaine did.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sl...l#post12237244

Unread 08-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #2152
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Shouldnt have followed us around in moab

I remember looking at that back half kit myself then just found it much easier to stick with what I had and just modify it.

Are you dreaming about what still needs to be completed yet? I remember I did, thats all I could think about when I was stretching.

Tarantula_TJ Build

2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #2153
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermeyg View Post
Dude you need to put up some instruction on your method and cleaning agents so we can achieve half the results. Such a clean TJ!
Thanks Jermey, your work and Jeep is just as clean or cleaner though man! I still feel like a hack artist.

Quote:
Most of the kits I've seen seem to be geared towards coilovers. I may just go a custom route and stick to the coil springs.
I would.

Quote:

I'll check that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Shouldnt have followed us around in moab

I remember looking at that back half kit myself then just found it much easier to stick with what I had and just modify it.

Are you dreaming about what still needs to be completed yet? I remember I did, thats all I could think about when I was stretching.
I'm having nightmares of dropping almost a grand on a small aluminum box.
I honestly can't wait to pull it out of the garage.
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #2154
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks for showing me that Kyle, that's as close a photo of what I need to do that i've seen. Actually besides the awesome tank work on that jeep, and just better fab all the way around.... that back end looks a lot like mine. That one is just a little more stretched. I honestly can't say I really love the look of the modified MetalCloak flare, but I can't think of any other way to do it, and It doesn't look terrible.
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #2155
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You dont think you can leave your rear flare unmodified and just trim the gas bezel like I did?

That link Kyle provided is a good solution but as you mentioned that jeeps stretched a it more. You have some more real estate to work with on your corners.

Tarantula_TJ Build

2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #2156
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
You dont think you can leave your rear flare unmodified and just trim the gas bezel like I did?

That link Kyle provided is a good solution but as you mentioned that jeeps stretched a it more. You have some more real estate to work with on your corners.
Nope, it would put the end of the rail past the entire corner. I have to cut it, and I have to cut before the radius of the tub. It won't look much different than what's in that thread, maybe just an inch longer. I'm dedicating my entire Saturday to getting at least one side done, painted and bolted up. So we will see. I know it's gonna look ok, I'm just not in love with it.
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #2157
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nope, it would put the end of the rail past the entire corner. I have to cut it, and I have to cut before the radius of the tub. It won't look much different than what's in that thread, maybe just an inch longer. I'm dedicating my entire Saturday to getting at least one side done, painted and bolted up. So we will see. I know it's gonna look ok, I'm just not in love with it.
Looking at what Blaine did to Cliffy's Jeep I would extend the back end a lil more and bend the tube so it wraps around the corner a bit, would look cleaner.
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #2158
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Looking at what Blaine did to Cliffy's Jeep I would extend the back end a lil more and bend the tube so it wraps around the corner a bit, would look cleaner.
Got a link Art? I don't know who Cliffy is.
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #2159
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Got a link Art? I don't know who Cliffy is.
It's the link Kyle send you. If you would extend the tube down turther and bend it so it follows the radius of the corner and ends where the radius of the corner ends it would look sweet.

Jeep on the left is Cliffy's if those fender flares extended further down they would look much better

cross mtn 20130012 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

This looks better

20130512_140143 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Extend it all the way down or close to that would look better yet

This what I would try to make

8732403051_c1233e0a29_z by aartjestaartje, on Flickr
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #2160
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ok I'm looking for suggestions or opinions on the what to do with the rub rail.

I made the cut for the new gas filler bezel. And I knew the rub rail would overlap the bezel quite a bit, but I'm not willing to move the bezel (actually I can't, unless I move it to the back of the tub) It's up as high, and as far over as possible. My thoughts right now are to cut off the two mounting brackets for the rail and have it only attached at the ends, much like the front rub rail. I think this will be a cleaner look.

I know it's not the cleanest with it overlapping like this, but I need to make the best of it.

I've got to cut it right at the beginning of the radius.

I'm thinking about just cutting these brackets off....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.