Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #196
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedJeeper View Post
Nice truck man! But I'm eyeing that jeep in the background
Thanks! Yeah that green is pretty eye catching! This dealer had so many JK's it was ridiculous!

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #197
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That should make for a nice tow rig , its rare to see a short bed regular cab anymore . Dare I say it looks sporty ? On top of that it was a good deal too !
Unread 09-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #198
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
That should make for a nice tow rig , its rare to see a short bed regular cab anymore . Dare I say it looks sporty ? On top of that it was a good deal too !
It should do the job, not as well as my 06 2500 Silverado I had before but had to sell due to some financial issues last year, but hey this is all I need. 95% of the time it'll just be hauling my butt to work and back and getting 20mpg. Unlike my chevy that was 12mpg no matter what it was doing. And yes I do think it's a "sport" truck, the body colored bumpers help in that regard. They run mid 14's @ mid 90's stock in the 1/4. That a quick street car any day. Pretty fun to drive. ALSO..... kinda like a TJ. It's got coils in the rear not leafs. Rides very nice.
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #199
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well crap this Ram is taking away some JEEP money..... i'm almost done. Leveled, bed liner, tow receiver, alarm...and splurged a bit on some SRT10 wheels haha.... Now just needs blacked out headlights, intake and exhaust this thing will be just perfecto.... I hope!

Unread 10-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #200
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The truck looks great , I was wondering what was going on . Kind of figured the truck was eating your money .
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #201
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The truck looks great , I was wondering what was going on . Kind of figured the truck was eating your money .
Haha yeah it's got to stop though... oh well I'll still be on track for outboarding shocks and coil bucket relocate. It's starting to cool off here and I'm feeling motivated.
Unread 10-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #202
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Haha yeah it's got to stop though... oh well I'll still be on track for outboarding shocks and coil bucket relocate. It's starting to cool off here and I'm feeling motivated.
We have the same projects ahead of us , hopefully I will get some time home to do my buckets and outboard before it gets too cold .
Unread 11-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #203
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Got off my lazy butt today and started the coil bucket relocate. Felt VERY nice to be back in the garage working on my Jeep again. I love my new truck but there's nothing like working on my Jeep. I've got the buckets moved and re-welded. Now I just need to paint, and clean up. Also need to bring my links in about an 1/8th. Track bar still rubbing gas tank. Here's a few pics... nothing out of the ordinary here.

I've found the thin 1/16 4" cutting wheels are pretty awesome. They made short work of cutting the buckets off. I just cut right below the weld, being careful not to get in to deep and to my surprise, even on the back side they came off quite easily and much less mangled than I had envisioned.

I had visions of these being unusable afterwards.... they really needed very little clean up to re-install.

Frame cleaned up ready to party.

Welding went well today, the insides are ugly due to it being hard to get to but I was happy with the outcome.

Threw a quick coat of paint on, it was a little cold out so it looks like crap, I'll have to redo that tomorrow.

Overall I got further than I thought I would for one day, taking it easy. Oh yeah.... since I lifted the body WAY off the frame to get to the inside welds, re-aligning it with the body mounts was probably the hardest thing I did today..... I was determined to get it done tonight and I did, just took a little ingenuity with the hammer, a tie down and the high lift. good times.
Unread 11-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #204
Jonblair
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Crap? Youre crazy. Wish I had enough skill to pull something like that off. Good work sir.
Jonblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #205
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonblair View Post
Crap? Youre crazy. Wish I had enough skill to pull something like that off. Good work sir.
Thanks! Funny what happens when you buy a welder.... rear shock outboarding to follow.
Unread 11-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #206
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was wondering where you had been ,figured you were working on the truck . Nice work on the buckets . How did you determine the final location of the bucket ? My plan is to set the spring in place on the bucket and lower the body down . Once the spring is straight then I will tack the bucket in place . Sound plausible ? Did you drop the tank too ? How are you going to outboard ? Are you going to make your own towers or try the F250s ?
Unread 11-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #207
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was wondering where you had been ,figured you were working on the truck . Nice work on the buckets . How did you determine the final location of the bucket ? My plan is to set the spring in place on the bucket and lower the body down . Once the spring is straight then I will tack the bucket in place . Sound plausible ? Did you drop the tank too ? How are you going to outboard ? Are you going to make your own towers or try the F250s ?
Final location was mostly determined by how well the bump stops lined up. However it didn't seem like a 1/4 inch, here or there was really to critical. You'll be able to basically "eyeball" it. And then just make a few measurements to ensure they are in the same spot on each side. Definitely remove the gas tank though. Gives you a place to stick your head while your grinding the inside welds and re-welding it. I also jacked the body WAY up off the frame, probably 5 inches to aid in clearance.

Gonna use the ford towers. Just looking at what lower shock mount I want to buy. I could make some but I've seen some snazzy ones for about $15.... just gotta remember where I saw them! I think it was Barnes4wd.
Unread 11-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #208
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

This one ? They are semi local to me , seem like nice folks to deal with . The bump stops lining up makes sense and its simple. I know I am going to be overly critical and getting both rears on the same plane is going to make me nuts . Thanks for the tips , I might try to get this done over Christmas .
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #209
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

This one ? They are semi local to me , seem like nice folks to deal with . The bump stops lining up makes sense and its simple. I know I am going to be overly critical and getting both rears on the same plane is going to make me nuts . Thanks for the tips , I might try to get this done over Christmas .
Yeah those are pretty cool.

I got it buttoned up tonight. My biggest concern was gaining lift, I didn't want to gain anything as I'm pretty happy with the stance right now. Well my before and after measurements were identical to my surprise. I thought I'd gain a little at least. I may be looking into new coils all around though, Mine are a mix of R/C in the front and Moog rears that are not jeep specific (kinda like crown vic springs) and the rears are not "captured" by the buckets as well as I would like.

Get to work!!! I know your gonna make me look like a hack!
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #210
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Yeah those are pretty cool.

I got it buttoned up tonight. My biggest concern was gaining lift, I didn't want to gain anything as I'm pretty happy with the stance right now. Well my before and after measurements were identical to my surprise. I thought I'd gain a little at least. I may be looking into new coils all around though, Mine are a mix of R/C in the front and Moog rears that are not jeep specific (kinda like crown vic springs) and the rears are not "captured" by the buckets as well as I would like.

Get to work!!! I know your gonna make me look like a hack!

That is hands down nice looking work , I hope mine is as clean when its done .

What springs are you going to run ? Savvys ? OME ??

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.