Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 138 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 08-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #2056
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
I think you got a good plan. Very minimal down time and back to what its all about, wheelin'! Then when you are ready or need to change it up you will have the funds and the 8.8 built up and ready to go in. Smart if you ask me. Too many rigs, on here and that I know of personally that are down months to years, and then the motivation isn't there as much as it was...
Thanks man, you seem to understand where I'm coming from with my decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Im just messin with you cuz I've never seen someone tear down for a stretch and use the same length arms.

Im no suspension guru, do whatever you want I think your rig did awesome out in moab so why would it be any worse
I'm trying to revolutionize the TJ stretch game and get back to my title of "worst TJ in Jeepforum history"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
I'm excited to see how your current setup will be adapted for the stretch. Hell you may never need to 4 link your rear if it goes well
Thanks Kyle, should be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Just do this.
Yup, I guess I'm just failing miserably at defining what I'm doing in here, and then I've changed my mind a couple times. I try to post clearly what's going on and what I'm thinking, but I guess since I'm a little unorthodox and all you guys get to see is what I post, and a few pics. It's hard to follow along. Not to mention that not everyone in here has been following from the get go so they don't know what I've already done, or not done. Oh well... that's the interweb for ya.

Unread 08-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #2057
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Keep it up man! I understand what you're doing, not sure why everyone is getting confused lol
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #2058
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Seems simple enough , especially now that the frame stretch is in .
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #2059
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Did you buy a jeep!? Hahaha

I didnt recall reading you were keeping the same arms, my bad.

Carry-on

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #2060
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

We need another one those on crank videos to figure out what the hell you are doing Nate
Now git er done
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #2061
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Keep it up man! I understand what you're doing, not sure why everyone is getting confused lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Seems simple enough , especially now that the frame stretch is in .
Thanks guys, I thought I was going crazy for a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Did you buy a jeep!? Hahaha

I didnt recall reading you were keeping the same arms, my bad.

Carry-on
Now that made me laugh.
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #2062
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
We need another one those on crank videos to figure out what the hell you are doing Nate
Now git er done
Haha, gonna put in a few hours right now, just took a long nap. Hope to get the frame positioned tonight, and tacked in. I've got a minor clearance issue with the double walled tub crossmember at the very back that gotta work through.
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #2063
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Haha, gonna put in a few hours right now, just took a long nap. Hope to get the frame positioned tonight, and tacked in. I've got a minor clearance issue with the double walled tub crossmember at the very back that gotta work through.
Since it's relatively thick sheetmetal slice it, then weld it back in when you have the clearance you need
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #2064
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

This photo signifies that the rear of the frame is able to come up to the proper height! This means that a lot of things have gone right, clearances are good but tight. A 5" stretch would have been much more convenient now being able to actually see every little thing that's in the way, but I'm glad I went 6". I also just sold my rear bumper, so $200 just went back into the build fund. That's a good thing.

Unread 08-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #2065
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I love it when you can sell jeep stuff to buy better jeep stuff!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #2066
Shobes
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice job man, really enjoying watching this stretch, you definitely keep me guessing! I think you're going to have to change the title of the build, "simple but effective" is no longer applicable!
Shobes is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #2067
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I love it when you can sell jeep stuff to buy better jeep stuff!
Yeah, losing my *** on everything I sell compared to what I paid kind of sucks though! That's the way it goes.... I just wish when I was looking for something I could find it used at a reasonable price instead of paying full retail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobes View Post
Nice job man, really enjoying watching this stretch, you definitely keep me guessing! I think you're going to have to change the title of the build, "simple but effective" is no longer applicable!
Thanks man, should be a big day tomorrow getting everything welded up. I hope to be posting photos of a very clean, seamless frame tomorrow along with a temp crossmember.... and a rough start on the new rear bumper/crossmember. Long day at actual work in store for me today!

Having to buy these minimum amounts from the steel yard is getting bit annoying! I know in time I'll use the material, but it's blowing the budget having to over buy like this. I've bought 10' of 3" channel, 4'x4' of 3/16 plate, and now a 10' of 3/16 2x4 tubing..... that's $200 worth of metal that I'm using only about a quarter of, if that. Oh well I guess it'll be nice to have the materials "in stock" for future projects. I wish I could find a local place that sold just what you need or close.

Unread 08-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #2068
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Damn i wish you were closer, i could use some of that 2x4 for a rear bumper on mine.

Suck's y'all dont have a scrap yard with scrap steel you can steal! 38 cents a pound here for scrap steel!

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #2069
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
Damn i wish you were closer, i could use some of that 2x4 for a rear bumper on mine.

Suck's y'all dont have a scrap yard with scrap steel you can steal! 38 cents a pound here for scrap steel!
I scoured the scrap yard the other day.... nothing any good. Darn it. The 10' of 2x4 was $60. I actually thought that was pretty reasonable.
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #2070
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I scoured the scrap yard the other day.... nothing any good. Darn it. The 10' of 2x4 was $60. I actually thought that was pretty reasonable.
Yeah 6 bucks a foot is pretty reasonable. But that sheet of 1/4 inch must have been expensive! They'll do any cut under 5 total feet for 5 bucks at my scrap yard, and 10 for anything more.

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.