Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #181
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I dont care for the politics myself , and I plan to run it midweek for that reason . I have used the ford towers on my samurais in the past and they work well . I need to mock one up and see if it will be tall enough . I saw someone who had really trick upper coil mounts , and I thought it was Artec but now I cant find them . Getting old and forgetful sucks ! I may try to move my uppers but I am not sure I can get them loose without destroying them . Tough decision , go cheap and fight a little or spend the money and fight a little less .

Unread 09-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #182
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I dont care for the politics myself , and I plan to run it midweek for that reason . I have used the ford towers on my samurais in the past and they work well . I need to mock one up and see if it will be tall enough . I saw someone who had really trick upper coil mounts , and I thought it was Artec but now I cant find them . Getting old and forgetful sucks ! I may try to move my uppers but I am not sure I can get them loose without destroying them . Tough decision , go cheap and fight a little or spend the money and fight a little less .
Yeah I was thinking the same thing on the coil buckets.... I know it's a pain to get them off on the inside of the frame. Destroying them might save A LOT of frustration. I'd be willing to spend the extra on some neat aftermarket buckets... let me know if you find some!
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #183
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

http://www.rokmen.com/review/product...60/category/2/

I was just looking at these , still cant find the other set I saw .
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #184
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
http://www.rokmen.com/review/product...60/category/2/

I was just looking at these , still cant find the other set I saw .
Hmmm those look......interesting. Not what I was picturing. I don't even know how those are supposed to be installed haha.
Unread 09-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #185
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

This help ?
Unread 09-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #186
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm just not seeing why on one side the mounting tabs are at a 45 degree angle??
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #187
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Haha, I'm a dip. I just realized that's a photo of the actual rokmen part and not an OEM bucket..... now I get it!

But I don't know Beasley, besides the fancy bump extentions, that looks like $15 worth of 3/16 plate to me....... not $180....
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #188
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Haha, I'm a dip. I just realized that's a photo of the actual rokmen part and not an OEM bucket..... now I get it!

But I don't know Beasley, besides the fancy bump extentions, that looks like $15 worth of 3/16 plate to me....... not $180....
Its a simple solution , and I am still undecided which way I am going to go . Sometimes its worth spending a little money to save some headache . For me I am thinking this may be that time . I am still digging for the other upper I found and lost . Once I find it I will post pictures . I wonder if Rokmen would sell just the plate ? I plan on profender airbumps so I dont need the bumpstop kit .
Unread 09-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #189
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Enjoyed the read.. great build

When I straightened my coil buckets it got beat up pretty good bashing with a hammer to break the inside welds but I did the following:

Ground it completely off

tacked in place

grabbed and cut some angle iron

finished

Doing it the way I did made the ride perfectly level because if you think about it by straightening the bucket your adding about an inch of lift but by removing the bracket and welding it straight to the frame your removing about an inch of material therefore keeping it level.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #190
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Enjoyed the read.. great build

When I straightened my coil buckets it got beat up pretty good bashing with a hammer to break the inside welds but I did the following:

Doing it the way I did made the ride perfectly level because if you think about it by straightening the bucket your adding about an inch of lift but by removing the bracket and welding it straight to the frame your removing about an inch of material therefore keeping it level.

That came out really good man. Definitely a route I am willing to take. It would be NICE to find some inexpensive coil bucket "blanks" that I could just make the brackets for and avoid having to grind the bracket completely off the stock one. Thanks for posting your photos though.... very helpful.
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #191
TwistedJeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Great looking jeep man very clean!!
TwistedJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:29 AM   #192
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedJeeper View Post
Great looking jeep man very clean!!
Many thanks buddy.
Unread 09-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #193
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
That came out really good man. Definitely a route I am willing to take. It would be NICE to find some inexpensive coil bucket "blanks" that I could just make the brackets for and avoid having to grind the bracket completely off the stock one. Thanks for posting your photos though.... very helpful.
It wasn't difficult or very time consuming. Cutting wheel and a grinder had it cleaned up in less then 10min once I had it off the frame and in the vice.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #194
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't been messing with the Jeep much lately, I've been a little focused on picking up a new DD / Tow rig for myself. Well I went ahead and took the plunge and picked a new Ram 1500 Express. Reg. cab and stripped down, just my style but still with a 390hp V8!!! Say what! Also has MDS so the gas mileage is great for a full size truck (low 20's highway). Overall very pleased so far, but hey it's new..... this feeling never lasts! Oh yeah and for anyone else interested in this type of truck. Huntington Beach Ram sold me this truck for 18,000 OUT THE DOOR. full sticker MSRP + tax / title was 27,000 (23,000 after manufacturer 4,000 rebate). How they are willing to sell at a loss I have no idea.... but also no complaints! I highly recommend them. I tried to spend my money in my own town but they were 3800 more OTD

Unread 09-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #195
TwistedJeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice truck man! But I'm eyeing that jeep in the background
TwistedJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.