As things change I think I'll try and keep a current photo right at the top....
I never really post on here but I do appreciate all that I read! Here's a few pics of my TJ. I really don't know how it's even come this far. I'm a broke family man with way to many hobbies, but this Jeep thing has been the BEST one i've ever gotten into for me and my family! The Jeep is more like a family member than a vehicle. Here's a basic mod list. Any questions or more info. needed please ask!
Aussie locker front
Detroit Locker rear
Superior 30 spline axles
Sierra 4.88's front and rear
Tera Low 4.1 t-case
35in. BFG Km2's
Tera Flex 1.75 coil spacers (front only, for leveling)
Rough Country 2.5 springs in the front only
Mercury Maurader Moog springs in rear (high spring rate, 2.5inchs of lift)
1in. body lift
Rough Country Arms and joints
Rough Country Motor mount lift
Skyjacker Hydro shocks (rear)
Teraflex 9550 shocks (front)
Smittybilt XRC8 winch (regular use haha)
Metal Cloak front arched fenders with rub rail
Metal Cloak rear corners with rub rail (modified for 6" stretch)
Trail Gear rock sliders
OR-fab sport cage
DIY front spreader bars, and lower windshield bar
Big Daddy Off Road Tie Rod (goooood upgrade)
5000k HID headlights (hella e-code housings)
4in. LED tails (harbor freight)
Bike shop hand throttle
Swag off road tailgate kit
Raptor Lined tub
Home made in cab winch switch (radio shack ftw)
Savvy Aluminum half doors
Poison Spyder Hood Louver
Raceline Monster 231 beadlock wheels
Poison Spyder rear trail cage
Home made Oil pan skidplate
Home made Steering Box skid
Synergy rear shock outboard kit
Under Cover Fab front and rear link mounts
Poly Performance CO2 System
Swag Baja Bin
CRAWL Fire Extinguisher Bracket
IGGEE Seat covers (nice stuff!)
BTF DIY Diff. covers front and rear
Yukon Chromoly D30 Axles
Artec Quart Crate
Currie front Johnny Joint kit for the D30
Alloy USA D30 outer axle seals
Rugged Ridge SYE
Custom rear bumper
6" stretch to 100" wheelbase. (frame extension method)
GenRight "Alien" fuel tank
Currie AntiRock front sway bar
Barnes4wd front bumper
Barnes4wd flat T-case skid
Novak Cable Shifter
MetalCloak Duroflex Joints
3 link front in process!
And....... well probably a bunch more little stuff but that's most it.
I've done all the work besides the re-gear.... so if you have any questions I may be able to help.
Just a little Vid of the type of wheeling we have in Central California
Yeah I DD it. The Aussie in the rear doesn't bother me a bit. Now i'm not saying that I can't tell it's there...... just that it's behavior becomes predictable and just something you get used to. The main thing you can feel if you have a manual transmission is when you shift and get back on the gas the jeep tends to pitch slightly to the side. I would guess if you had an auto this would be a non issue. For the money, quality of the part, ease of install and capability it adds to the jeep I think it's well worth it.
Haven't updated this in a while. Well my Aussie locker in the rear started popping and acting really strange so I had to take it out. I can't really say for sure it was the unit itself because it actually looks to be in really good condition. I think maybe the carrier was damaged in some way.
I just put in a Superior super 35 kit with Detroit, and feel really good about my purchase based on the research I've done on the kit.
I managed the install myself, and it went pretty good. You just have to be relatively comfortable with what's going on in there.
Now my next project is a Rough Country long arm upgrade. I went this route for several reasons. I was running stock control arms prior. One reason is that several people I know run this kit and love it, and I've had the chance to really look at it installed, and it's very stout. (my stock stuff is SO beat) I also run my rig relatively low but want lots of droop. Improved ride quality also sounds good. And besides all that.... I was just looking to make more of a change to the rig besides simply replacing short arms.
I spent the day yesterday prepping for the install. I disassembled everything, painted a bunch underneath, cleaned and basically just tried to do whatever I could to get ready (parts haven't arrived yet)
Cutting off the stock control arm brackets with a 4in. electric angle grinder was a *****. I didn't like how it went. I got it done but not without getting into the frame more than I wanted to. In retrospect I was going about it wrong and didn't really figure it out until the last bracket. I tried to cut right on the weld down into it at an angle, then when I got into It pretty good I beat it with a BFH. This worked but I had to keep grinding....... and grinding. Well the last bracket I went lower on the bracket below the weld and didn't get into my frame very much at all. I've done a lot of things, but removing brackets like that was new to me, and the lack of clearance was tough. Oh well its DONE! Here's how it sits now. Still waiting on parts!
I'll post up some install pics over the next few days. Excited to get it all on.