Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 55 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #811 of 4892 Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 PM
MO2500
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 7,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

As a paid member you are now able to log into the anger management thread
I find JF's to be tame in comparison to PBB's. But occasionaly they bring the funnay



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram: @omsmike
MO2500 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #812 of 4892 Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 PM
mcannon111
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: irmo
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500

I find JF's to be tame in comparison to PBB's. But occasionaly they bring the funnay
PBB definitely has some weirdos running around in it. But that is half of what makes the forum haha

no doors, no top, no problems

live in sc? join OffroadSC.com


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mcannon111 is offline  
post #813 of 4892 Old 03-27-2013, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
PBB definitely has some weirdos running around in it. But that is half of what makes the forum haha
I go to pirate quite a bit and lurk. Mostly just bug the vendors and get some good deals actually. I find the OT threads pretty funny, and a lot of the fab work pretty inspiring. I just can not relate to most of the people, or their goals with their rigs. So I don't post much.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #814 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,365
After almost 4 years this is the only part I've replaced on this little guy.... countless pulls. Never a hiccup. One of those few time's where I feel like I got more than I paid for.

For vanities sake.... the California sun has taken it's toll on my solenoid cover.



I thought about moving the solenoid under hood, since I rarely use the controller.... now that I have an in cab switch. But this will do for another few years I'm sure. haha.... pretty exciting install tonight! Does look a lot better.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #815 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
I find JF's to be tame in comparison to PBB's. But occasionaly they bring the funnay
POR gets a little nutty , I used to post over there quite a bit but it is beyond me at this point .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
PBB definitely has some weirdos running around in it. But that is half of what makes the forum haha
That is exactly right ,the nuts fill the bowl .
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I go to pirate quite a bit and lurk. Mostly just bug the vendors and get some good deals actually. I find the OT threads pretty funny, and a lot of the fab work pretty inspiring. I just can not relate to most of the people, or their goals with their rigs. So I don't post much.
Lots of amazing talent over there , you either need to be on the same level or have thick skin .
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
After almost 4 years this is the only part I've replaced on this little guy.... countless pulls. Never a hiccup. One of those few time's where I feel like I got more than I paid for.

For vanities sake.... the California sun has taken it's toll on my solenoid cover.



I thought about moving the solenoid under hood, since I rarely use the controller.... now that I have an in cab switch. But this will do for another few years I'm sure. haha.... pretty exciting install tonight! Does look a lot better.
They were sold out of the chrome covers werent they ?

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #816 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
4 years, that's awesome. I always get the: "Oh, you bought a Smittybilt winch...." It hasn't failed me yet. Every winch brand has their problems, mine hasn't stopped pulling yet....even though it's usually pulling someone else out.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #817 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

They were sold out of the chrome covers werent they ?
I figured Id get this cleaned up while my bumpers are at the chrome shop. I'm not gonna let you show me up in Moab.....


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #818 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I figured Id get this cleaned up while my bumpers are at the chrome shop. I'm not gonna let you show me up in Moab.....
Awesome , we can wheel with our welding helmets on

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #819 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
4 years, that's awesome. I always get the: "Oh, you bought a Smittybilt winch...." It hasn't failed me yet. Every winch brand has their problems, mine hasn't stopped pulling yet....even though it's usually pulling someone else out.
The key with any winch I think, and the Warn brand may be the BEST at being able to withstand a lack of this is to actually USE them. It's when you don't that they seem to not want to work.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #820 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
The key with any winch I think, and the Warn brand may be the BEST at being able to withstand a lack of this is to actually USE them. It's when you don't that they seem to not want to work.
I agree. I am going to start wheeling a lot harder soon.....my car is being sold and I am buying a truck/tow pig....so the winch will get a workout


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #821 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I agree. I am going to start wheeling a lot harder soon.....my car is being sold and I am buying a truck/tow pig....so the winch will get a workout
Go to those sand dunes north west of you.... take a bunch of pics. I've always wondered if they are anything like the ones over here. Size wise.... Next time I visit Michigan, I plan to go there maybe in a rental Jeep.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #822 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Go to those sand dunes north west of you.... take a bunch of pics. I've always wondered if they are anything like the ones over here. Size wise.... Next time I visit Michigan, I plan to go there maybe in a rental Jeep.
My Rubicon wasn't geared well for the sand, I had a horrible time there this past summer, I might try it again this year, who knows.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #823 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 PM
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton
Posts: 631
I'm pretty sure your the King of the under dogs here on JF.
-4 cylinder, check.
-dana 35 with 35's, check.
-BFG KM2's, check.
-Smitty built winch, check.
-TeraLow 4 to 1, check.
By the JF standard your Jeep should be the worst in history, yet you probably out wheel most people here. What are people doing wrong?

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AndyE is offline  
post #824 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
My Rubicon wasn't geared well for the sand, I had a horrible time there this past summer, I might try it again this year, who knows.
Key to the sand is low air pressure.... 6psi range. I usually just put around or haul *** in 2wd up some major dunes over here. You just gotta stay on top of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
I'm pretty sure your the King of the under dogs here on JF.
-4 cylinder, check.
-dana 35 with 35's, check.
-BFG KM2's, check.
-Smitty built winch, check.
-TeraLow 4 to 1, check.
By the JF standard your Jeep should be the worst in history, yet you probably out wheel most people here. What are people doing wrong?
What can I say??..... I'm obviously not compensating for a lack of anything else.

I get a kick out of doing what I do with it, knowing it was born a runt and I've done little to actually change that fact.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #825 of 4892 Old 03-28-2013, 11:32 PM
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
What can I say??..... I'm obviously not compensating for a lack of anything else.
A lack? No. A Surplus? Maybe...

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AndyE is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Nate's Jeep SOLIDJP44 Jeep Builds 438 06-25-2014 12:36 AM
93 YJ Clean and Simple mxr708 Jeep Builds 11 04-24-2011 08:54 PM
2004 WJ...simple for now... bleach1012 Jeep Builds 14 05-16-2009 11:01 PM
Nate's 4x4 Bumpers F+R Panici Jeep Picture Requests 27 12-21-2007 10:11 PM
Lights on Nate's Bumper 5artist5 Jeep Picture Requests 1 11-07-2007 11:19 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome