Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 51 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #751 of 4885 Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post

Talk about clean.... I miss this girl.

I love the old Fox bodies....

Rubicon0311 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #752 of 4885 Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Well yeah- if you like one you should really like the other.

Also- that seems like the best game ever.
Cracking me up today lady...
gst95dsm is offline  
post #753 of 4885 Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I love the old Fox bodies....
Yeah I've had a few, still need a 500hp notch though. This one was truly a great one. Cali car all it's life, 75k miles in 07, Triple black, with cloth. My dream is a 65 GT350, but these fox's I'll always have a soft spot for.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #754 of 4885 Old 03-20-2013, 12:58 PM
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
My dream is a 65 GT350.
Very nice! I'd like a 68 Charger R/T myself.
AndyE is offline  
post #755 of 4885 Old 03-20-2013, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Very nice! I'd like a 68 Charger R/T myself.
WhoTF are you??

Changing names on me.....
gst95dsm is offline  
post #756 of 4885 Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 PM
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
WhoTF are you??

Changing names on me.....
Eh, I aim to confuse. Thinking of doing a name a week.
AndyE is offline  
post #757 of 4885 Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
Isn't it cute. I think I actually miss my little plastic fill plug. So this is what a super high clearance diff looks like folks..... yep, pretty awesome stuff!



I'm a little, just slightly tweaked out cause the top edge of the diff cover and edge of the Savvy GTS currently want to occupy the same space during suspension travel.... not so good. I'm hoping with a little massaging with the grinder they can find a happy place because the axle isn't moving forward nor will the pinion angle be altered to accommodate this little guy.... I'd just assume sell it and re-install the stock one. Although I think I can make it work. I don't see how in the world people put big diff cover's on though.... maybe I just have my axle back as far as I absolutely can have it. This diff cover was not much taller than stock, but on the top edge it is much broader whereas the factory one is round. Oh wells.... stuff aint always gonna play well together.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #758 of 4885 Old 03-21-2013, 06:19 AM
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Cracking me up today lady...
Well.. it IS my job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
WhoTF are you??

Changing names on me.....
See- when Andy switched names- I was on my phone which doesn't even show the avatar or anything. It took me a second read of the last page or two I had read but I figured it out. But there is no tricking me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Isn't it cute. I think I actually miss my little plastic fill plug. So this is what a super high clearance diff looks like folks..... yep, pretty awesome stuff!



I'm a little, just slightly tweaked out cause the top edge of the diff cover and edge of the Savvy GTS currently want to occupy the same space during suspension travel.... not so good. I'm hoping with a little massaging with the grinder they can find a happy place because the axle isn't moving forward nor will the pinion angle be altered to accommodate this little guy.... I'd just assume sell it and re-install the stock one. Although I think I can make it work. I don't see how in the world people put big diff cover's on though.... maybe I just have my axle back as far as I absolutely can have it. This diff cover was not much taller than stock, but on the top edge it is much broader whereas the factory one is round. Oh wells.... stuff aint always gonna play well together.
...BFH?

Really though- I always read about a plague of lack of clearance involving aftermarket diff covers. There must be a better way! I am hoping that I don't run into any issues myself. Only one way to find out!

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #759 of 4885 Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 AM
yellow_snocone
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Holloman AFB
Posts: 1,465
There is a series of aftermarket diff covers that beefs up the lower section of the cover only giving you that smooth stock style up top. I believe Blaine's wife has them on her jeep.

Military Jeepers
S.W. New Mexico region

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline  
post #760 of 4885 Old 03-21-2013, 07:44 AM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
There is a series of aftermarket diff covers that beefs up the lower section of the cover only giving you that smooth stock style up top. I believe Blaine's wife has them on her jeep.
Warn and then there is the Rugged Ridge copy . Thats the route I went .

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #761 of 4885 Old 03-21-2013, 07:56 AM
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Warn and then there is the Rugged Ridge copy . Thats the route I went .
I think he's talking about the Barnett cover.

http://barnettperformance.net/index....roducts_id=956

03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now  
post #762 of 4885 Old 03-21-2013, 08:00 AM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
I think he's talking about the Barnett cover.

http://barnettperformance.net/index....roducts_id=956


That is pretty slick , looks much more solid than the warn add on cover I picked up . Thanks for pointing it out .

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #763 of 4885 Old 03-21-2013, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
Tried in vein to grind the cover a bit this morning before work so I could drive it today for a little shake down..... gonna take a little more. Darn it.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #764 of 4885 Old 03-21-2013, 10:50 AM
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Tried in vein to grind the cover a bit this morning before work so I could drive it today for a little shake down..... gonna take a little more. Darn it.
Plasma cutter?
AndyE is offline  
post #765 of 4885 Old 03-21-2013, 12:52 PM
yellow_snocone
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Holloman AFB
Posts: 1,465
Those are the ones pure lower beef

Military Jeepers
S.W. New Mexico region

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Nate's Jeep SOLIDJP44 Jeep Builds 438 06-24-2014 11:36 PM
93 YJ Clean and Simple mxr708 Jeep Builds 11 04-24-2011 07:54 PM
2004 WJ...simple for now... bleach1012 Jeep Builds 14 05-16-2009 10:01 PM
Nate's 4x4 Bumpers F+R Panici Jeep Picture Requests 27 12-21-2007 09:11 PM
Lights on Nate's Bumper 5artist5 Jeep Picture Requests 1 11-07-2007 10:19 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome