Nate's 2002 TJ, simple but effective.... - Page 20 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #286 of 4885 Old 12-07-2012, 11:14 AM
yellow_snocone
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Holloman AFB
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Yeah it looks like it should be pretty similar to a MIller 211. Just no autoset which I hear is pretty worthless anyways and I guess the drive assembly is composite instead of metal, I don't think that will effect me at all with my light use. I'm excited! I just knew my 140 wasn't getting any penetration with the solid wire because I had to turn the wire speed WAY up to get a puddle going..... and my puddle consisted mainly of filler rod! If that makes sense.



Gonna sell it local buddy, It would probably me $80 just to ship to you and I need to get all I can out of it to help pay for the new one.
Thats fine man. Ya shipping makes things complicated when selling heavy equipment.


Military Jeepers
S.W. New Mexico region

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #287 of 4885 Old 12-08-2012, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
Between Christmas shopping today I managed to get a little done on the Jeep. I finished cleaning up the frame and towers and got some tacks down while I wait for my new welder. I installed the shocks and wheels and dropped her down to finally see how she sits. 1/8 more shaft showing on the passenger side. No big deal. Overall I'm very pleased with the results and can't wait to burn them in completely and paint it up.





I also spent a frustrating couple hours chasing down the parts to build an extension cord for my new welder to hook up to my dryer outlet. Let me tell you, I now know about 5x as much about electrical plugs than I did yesterday. Sheesh... confusion. After I got the right stuff (from 3 different places) It went together nicely. $100 for a 30' cord! Expensive!

gst95dsm is offline  
post #288 of 4885 Old 12-08-2012, 07:48 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Once you use the 220 side of your welder your not going to go back , and you will see that the cord was money well spent . The shock towers look good , and 1/8th difference is about as good as any of us is going to get !

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #289 of 4885 Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 PM
yellow_snocone
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Holloman AFB
Posts: 1,465
Those towers came out good.

Military Jeepers
S.W. New Mexico region

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline  
post #290 of 4885 Old 12-08-2012, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Once you use the 220 side of your welder your not going to go back , and you will see that the cord was money well spent . The shock towers look good , and 1/8th difference is about as good as any of us is going to get !
I can't wait Beasley, I love my HH140 and don't regret for a moment that I bought it, but if I'm going to be attempting these types of projects I gotta have the right tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Those towers came out good.
Thanks man! I'm pretty happy with them myself. It's been a fun project. Looking forward to wrapping it up though and starting on the next thing.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #291 of 4885 Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Your welds are also going to improve , in the case of welders bigger is better

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #292 of 4885 Old 12-08-2012, 09:37 PM
yellow_snocone
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Holloman AFB
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post

I can't wait Beasley, I love my HH140 and don't regret for a moment that I bought it, but if I'm going to be attempting these types of projects I gotta have the right tools.

Thanks man! I'm pretty happy with them myself. It's been a fun project. Looking forward to wrapping it up though and starting on the next thing.
The next project being your 4 link?

Military Jeepers
S.W. New Mexico region

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline  
post #293 of 4885 Old 12-09-2012, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Your welds are also going to improve , in the case of welders bigger is better
I wanna weld like this Beasley! UCF Link mounts....



Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
The next project being your 4 link?
Not exactly. I've decided to stick with a lot of what I have. I'm not stretching it, and don't really have an issue with my rear track bar so it's going to stay. I bought some new link brackets that will correct or at least somewhat correct my rear link geometry, and they are lower profile. I will also be able to shorten my links and get rid of the RC 1" link mounting plate therefore raising my T-case skid up another 1". All positives for me, I think I'll be quite happy with the suspension after that. The only other major change that will happen after this is done is that I can relatively easily convert from the radius arm set up to a 3 link.

gst95dsm is offline  
post #294 of 4885 Old 12-09-2012, 09:31 AM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I wanna weld like this Beasley! UCF Link mounts....

So do I !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Not exactly. I've decided to stick with a lot of what I have. I'm not stretching it, and don't really have an issue with my rear track bar so it's going to stay. I bought some new link brackets that will correct or at least somewhat correct my rear link geometry, and they are lower profile. I will also be able to shorten my links and get rid of the RC 1" link mounting plate therefore raising my T-case skid up another 1". All positives for me, I think I'll be quite happy with the suspension after that. The only other major change that will happen after this is done is that I can relatively easily convert from the radius arm set up to a 3 link.

Sounds like a solid plan .

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #295 of 4885 Old 12-09-2012, 09:58 AM
yellow_snocone
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Holloman AFB
Posts: 1,465
I agree solid plan indeed

Military Jeepers
S.W. New Mexico region

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline  
post #296 of 4885 Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 AM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Where are the new welder pictures ?

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #297 of 4885 Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Where are the new welder pictures ?

Still waiting for it.... shipping from Ohio to Cali, takes a while! I have the whole rig torn down though.... all links off, tank, exhaust, skid..... got plenty of little projects to do in the mean time.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #298 of 4885 Old 12-12-2012, 07:43 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Still waiting for it.... shipping from Ohio to Cali, takes a while! I have the whole rig torn down though.... all links off, tank, exhaust, skid..... got plenty of little projects to do in the mean time.
Your UPS driver isnt going to be happy unloading it ...

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #299 of 4885 Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Your UPS driver isnt going to be happy unloading it ...
I hope they are being gentle with it.... I can only imagine what it's going through right now to get to me. I finally got some tracking info on it. FRIDAY!!! And I'm off early, and then off on Saturday.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #300 of 4885 Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 AM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I hope they are being gentle with it.... I can only imagine what it's going through right now to get to me. I finally got some tracking info on it. FRIDAY!!! And I'm off early, and then off on Saturday.
Thats good timing ! Next thing we know you will be back halfing your frame .

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Nate's Jeep SOLIDJP44 Jeep Builds 438 06-24-2014 11:36 PM
93 YJ Clean and Simple mxr708 Jeep Builds 11 04-24-2011 07:54 PM
2004 WJ...simple for now... bleach1012 Jeep Builds 14 05-16-2009 10:01 PM
Nate's 4x4 Bumpers F+R Panici Jeep Picture Requests 27 12-21-2007 09:11 PM
Lights on Nate's Bumper 5artist5 Jeep Picture Requests 1 11-07-2007 10:19 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome