Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Nameless's 1988 MJ build

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tofuzeppelin 
#1 ·
hey there JF, i'm coming over here as i now own a Jeep

i'm from Reno, NV and know alot of the people on Reno4x4, great group of guys

I got this 1988 Jeep MJ 4.0L 5 speed manuel short bed less than a week ago and have some big plans for it.

i got it with the Rock Krawler 6.5" LA (dont think it's quite 6.5"s, anyone have a good guess on what it is?) the rear is just SOA with stock components

the good:

D44 rear w/Detroit EZ locker

SYE

4.10 gears

84,000 on the Odo...

the whatever, gonna go soon:

some tube bumpers

a handheld CB thing

bad:

some crappy 31's for now...

tranny is b.l.o.w.n. help? -----> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/ax15-out-1991-dakota-into-1988-xj-mj-928393/

and that's about it that i can think of...

as it sits motionless in my cul-de-sac

for the near future...

35's and alot of trimming

bumpers built by my buddy Dylan, probably look alot like these that he built for another MJ (might be on this forum?) i know he's on comanche club

just definitely wanna have a hitch on it and probably make the rear bumper a little beefier and bigger

then from the bumpers build some sliders, then connect an exo cage all together using all of the sliders/bumpers and help tie it all together and wa-la my comanche will be done for a little bit of time, wanna put a D44 up front but we'll see, the D30 will work for now

that is my heep for now but should be a fun little build, this wont be my DD just my trail rig to have fun in that will be streetable

this is my DD for now that is for sale and i'm trying to get rid of, bumper was built by Dylan

See less See more
#3 ·
no one really has any interest, but that's cool, i'll keep posting my stuff

did the ax-15 swap into it after my puegot tranny took a **** on me and needed to be replaced

got rid of my durango to the guy that does all my metal work, everything above.... durango gone = lots of work to the comanche

metal has been ordered, we are building sliders this upcoming weekend, then moving to bumpers, then it will get caged, should be finished hopefully by around the beginning of February but nothing is set in stone

i also picked up a 1989 Cherokee Limited, leather, power everything, pimpin'. stock everything, came with sliders and getting a badass roof rack built by my metal guy

#5 ·
that's what i'm saying lol

i'm workin on getting some 8.5" lift springs for the front right now, got it up and running last night, and touched dirt in it for the first time

still had more but the rock was too small :thumbsup:

i'm also debating if i want to dovetail the rear and do a coil conversion... but that's a little too much work as of now haha

and i need tires baaaad, 35's hah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.