Mykal's "Bolt-On" Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Mykal's "Bolt-On" Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 04-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Mykal101
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Mykal's "Bolt-On" Thread

So I thought I'd start a thread to log my mods. I have a 92 YJ that I bought for $2500.00. Had 133K on the I-6 when I bought it in March. It has the AX-15 and NP231 TC. Love this Jeep.

When I brought it home. Notice the crappy interior. This thing sat in the hot Phoenix sun for way too long.

Mykal101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
Mykal101
1992 YJ Wrangler 

First thing I did was tear out the carpet, and put some nice Rugged Ridge seat covers on. My temp gauge was reading really low, so I replaced the t-stat and the water outlet. Reads a perfect 195 now.
I also put a brand new Bestop Supertop on it. I sure do love the half doors.

Unread 04-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Mykal101
1992 YJ Wrangler 

New Bumpers

So this weekend, I mounted some new bumpers. My dad (24fan) is a welder. He fabbed up these really sweet bumpers along with an overhead shelf to mount my CB radio. Not bad eh?

My bumpers are a more scaled down version of his own. His has a grill guard for the front and a tire swing in the rear. He also sealed up the 2x4 square tube and added an air chuck. They hold about 2.5 gallons of air each. Anyway, here's the pics.

Sweet little skid plate for the rear reciever

Unread 06-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Mini-Me26
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykal101 View Post
AH! That's frightening. Nice start though, the bumpers look really good. That little skid plate mijigger for the hitch is ingenious.
Mini-Me26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

Looks a whole lot better with that Supertop and the bumpers. Got any pics of the engine?

4.7L Powertech V8 l Iron Rock Offroad 3" Suspension Lift l Bilstein 5125 Shocks l Bilstein 5100 Steering Stabilizer l 17x8 Unique Steel Wheels l LT255/75R17 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM l Kevins Offroad Transfer Case Skid l Kevins Offroad Roof Rack Tire Carrier l Hella 500 Black Magic

http://ddoffroad.com
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
WranglerRush
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Very nice YJ. Those bumpers are awesome looking.
Unread 06-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #7
driverdave
1989 MJ Comanche 

the bumpers looks cool
driverdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
Dustin_95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

so your bumpers hold air in them?? have you gotten to use that yet??? if so how well does it work??
Dustin_95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
Mykal101
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtank99 View Post
Looks a whole lot better with that Supertop and the bumpers. Got any pics of the engine?
Of course!!

Unread 06-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #10
Mykal101
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin_95YJ View Post
so your bumpers hold air in them?? have you gotten to use that yet??? if so how well does it work??
My bumpers aren't sealed for air. My dad's are though. We tried them out about 2 weeks ago. You really need a compressor to power them. One bumper only filled one of his 33's up about 5psi. Here's a pic of his front bumper.

Unread 06-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #11
Mykal101
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Update

So I finally got a chance to wheel my new jeep. But not before I got a chance to put on a RC 4" lift some 31" Toyo Open Country A/T's and some Currie shacles. Also, I took off the trackbars and swaybar. Now I'm saving up for an aussie for the front.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.