Myj build, from 2 years ago to today... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Myj build, from 2 years ago to today...

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 08-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #31
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

there is a clocking ring you buy for a d300. you just end up with an upside down x-case. it also requires the use of a set of cable shifters. the price of the entire swap including the price of a salvage d300 would be about 5-6 bennies. but it was just a suggestion, hopefully mine gets done next year when i get the set of tons i got fit under there aswell. that way i don't have to buy a different driveshaft later.

you are as bad as i am at updating your build thread. get to it man! qw wanna see some pics.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #32
MoparFreak69
1990 YJ Wrangler 

There hasnt been much progress on the YJ as of late. I picked up a '64 A100 pickup that has needed some TLC to get back on the road. It is my new daily driver so the Jeep can become more of a trail-only rig, which may involve 1 ton full width axles. But before that I have the '59 Dodge Power Wagon that needs time spent on it. Then there is the '68 Dart on the backburner.........

Too many projects, too little time.
[SIZE="5"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/myj-build-2-years-ago-today-1197236"]MYj Build[/URL][/SIZE]
MoparFreak69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #33
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

tell me about it, after my 1 ton build there is a 46 willys that will be a co-op project of me and dixon113a here on the forum, then i have promised the wife that i will find and restore a 1983 monte ss with t-tops. that's the car i was driving when we met and for a few years following.

5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #34
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What are your pinion angles set at?

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #35
MoparFreak69
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Front was set to give me roughly 8* of caster and the rear was set to point slightly below the t-case output. I dont have exact angle measurements but my measurements might not work on your rig.
[SIZE="5"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/myj-build-2-years-ago-today-1197236"]MYj Build[/URL][/SIZE]
Unread 09-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #36
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well I will be using the same axles as well as going SOA on 2.5 springs.
But I will start out with pointing the pinion slightly below the t-case output and I'll adjust from there. Just trying to get a good starting point. I'll try to set the front the same then try to adjust it to get the best angles.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #37
Rynfw100
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You seem to be the guy to talk to about 5.2L swaps (Along with bmgadg). My question is, Can I use a 5.2L out of a Grand Cherokee which use automatics, and use a computer/wiring harness out of a 5.2L Dodge truck that has a manual transmission, without too much of a problem? (Using the same drive-train as yours, AX-15 to NP231)
Rynfw100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #38
MoparFreak69
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that should work just fine. The only thing you should have to worry about is the crank position sensor. Get the one from the manual truck if you can. You may have to try different exhaust manifolds to find some that fit well when you place your engine, but junkyard pieces work great for that.
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #39
Rynfw100
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparFreak69 View Post
Yeah, that should work just fine. The only thing you should have to worry about is the crank position sensor. Get the one from the manual truck if you can. You may have to try different exhaust manifolds to find some that fit well when you place your engine, but junkyard pieces work great for that.
Thanks!
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #40
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynfw100 View Post
You seem to be the guy to talk to about 5.2L swaps (Along with bmgadg). My question is, Can I use a 5.2L out of a Grand Cherokee which use automatics, and use a computer/wiring harness out of a 5.2L Dodge truck that has a manual transmission, without too much of a problem? (Using the same drive-train as yours, AX-15 to NP231)
that is exactly the motor i used for my swap. as mopar said you will need to change the cps when you go to a flywheel over the flexplate. pilot bushing will need to be custom machined or get an overpriced one from advanced adapters or novack. a cps from any obd1 or obd2 manual 5.2l dodge up to 2002 i think will work fine for you. i am using an obd2 cps from a dodge truck. as for headers there is a dwindling amount of headers available for the magnum blocks in the block hugger style, i used a long tube and love the sound, however it does make for a little louder exhaust since there is literally next to no room for anything other than a cat and a small muffler on either side before the dumps. as for the wiring i would imagine it would work but getting proper readouts on the gauges may be problematic unless you go to aftermarket ones.

Unread 02-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #41
MoparFreak69
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
as for the wiring i would imagine it would work but getting proper readouts on the gauges may be problematic unless you go to aftermarket ones.
If he goes the route I did and uses the factory wiring for the gauges along with the factory senders moved over to the new block, the gauges should function just as they always did. I went with an electronic speedo so I could have the updated look and have a tach that functions because the old style read a points style signal where the new style reads a PWM signal. The speedo was just to get rid of the typical cable wobble that cable driven speedos are known for.
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #42
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

i used all my yj harness for behind the firewall and the factory power distribution block. as you know i didn't do the wiring so i can't get into detailed specifics.

i was just regarding my comment to the question about the dodge harness in the jeep. also as you know i am a wiring retard, i can do lights and a stereo after that forget it.

your swap is a little more detailed due to the amalgamation of old block with new heads and intake. that is a little more involved in how most do it, hope to see updates soon on any progress.

Unread 04-20-2012, 05:40 AM   #43
stoveguy01
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Its actually a fairly easy swap Ive done it 3 times now and currently helping 4 friends that are in the process of gathering parts for the swap.

MODIFY, ADAPT, & OVERCOME
stoveguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #44
Rynfw100
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well I'm getting there. The link to the build thread is in my sig. I know once I have nothing more to do other than the wiring, I know your help will be required.

For it is stressing me out

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/1993-2-5l-jeep-wrangler-build-5-2l-swap-1210512
Unread 07-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #45
4x4Mudmonster
1985 CJ7 

Sweet Jeep, bro. This is about what I'm going for with my new build. Just a couple of questions, how much lift did you end up getting from the SOA with those springs? If you don't mind, could I get a measurement to the bottom of the rocker panel? Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.