My YJ LT1 build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My YJ LT1 build

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #46
1992 renagade
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I hear you on the life gets in the way thing. I t sems years ago I always had time to work on my projects now it seems theres never enough time. Looks like a fun project can't wait until it's done.

1992 black Renegade
4.0L 5spd. 4:10 gears 33x12.50 BFG KM 2's A to Z fabrication front and rear bumpers and cage
1994 YJ Sahara Project Bean
2000 Jeep Cherokee Stock
AtoZ Fabrications www.atozfabrication.com
Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance www.bmja.org
Delaware jeep Association www.delawareja.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Screw the HOA. More guys just need to start doing man things in the garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Jeeps are like mistresses, they take all your money, but boy what a ride!
1992 renagade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #47
jcoty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

very nice!
jcoty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #48
shoreline
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjeeperyj14 View Post
That yj is lookin good! It really amazes me that you got it for only $1000. Up here in PA $1000 would get you a large pile of rusty metal disquised as a jeep. Keep up the good work.
No joke there. My 87 YJ project has changed direction several times, most recently with finding a mess of frame rot leading to the need for a new frame now. Of course, things are much different here on the damp east coast.

Couple curiosity-related questions. You got such a good deal on the jeep; what does a vette engine/trans cost in your locale? Are you planning on SOA or SUA with that 8.8?

You're doing a great job and I am taking notes!
shoreline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #49
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreline View Post
No joke there. My 87 YJ project has changed direction several times, most recently with finding a mess of frame rot leading to the need for a new frame now. Of course, things are much different here on the damp east coast.

Couple curiosity-related questions. You got such a good deal on the jeep; what does a vette engine/trans cost in your locale? Are you planning on SOA or SUA with that 8.8?

You're doing a great job and I am taking notes!

Picked up the engine and tranny off of eBay from a corvette salvage yard in Waco for 1450, luckily I had a friend who was driving up to Dallas to p/u a large arcade game and had room left in the trailer, he picked it up on the way back.
mavrick331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #50
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Finally !!

My first reassembly of the project !!

Weather is supposed to be nice this week, my goal is to get the axle bolted up with the rest of the front suspension. Still waiting on the rear axle to get back from the shop.

Unread 01-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #51
1992 renagade
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looks great keep up the good work!

1992 black Renegade
4.0L 5spd. 4:10 gears 33x12.50 BFG KM 2's A to Z fabrication front and rear bumpers and cage
1994 YJ Sahara Project Bean
2000 Jeep Cherokee Stock
AtoZ Fabrications www.atozfabrication.com
Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance www.bmja.org
Delaware jeep Association www.delawareja.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Screw the HOA. More guys just need to start doing man things in the garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Jeeps are like mistresses, they take all your money, but boy what a ride!
1992 renagade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #52
blown68ss
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick331 View Post
I'm still waiting on parts to put the frame and suspension back together, so I started to clean and remove the fuel pump from the sending unit.

I'm having to fab the fuel pickup, pics to follow tomorrow, did you know submersible fuel line costs 2 bucks an inch!!!!

My main reason to post today is to tell you a story......I have mentioned in this thread the place I'm building the jeep is great, it only lacks a bathroom, no real issue.

2 weeks ago I picked my 4 yr. old daughter from daycare, then went over to the shop where I'm working on the jeep to pick something up, we do this fairly regularly. We get there and my daughter says she needs to "tinkle"

Like any boy scout I was prepared, I had a new toilet seat and a five gallon bucket. She was having none of it being a girly girl.....so I grabbed what i needed and headed to the nearest restroom 3 mins away, problem solved.

Fast forward to this morning, my wife and I are trying to find a god awful smell in our bathroom, we end up finding about a cup of pee in the bathroom trash can......

Our daughter says she was teaching the dog how to use the bathroom Does this mean she is trail ready

Happy new year to all!!

Rick
OMG!! That is one of the funniest things I have read in a while. I even had to read it to my wife. We both got a good laugh out of it (Having 4 daughters ourselves).
The build looks awesome. I am right in the middle of doing the same thing. It is a 92 YJ for my oldest daughter. She will be driving in a year. (God help me)
Keep up the great work! Excited to see it completed!
blown68ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #53
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Got a little time in after work....

Unread 01-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #54
icehead14
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wow great build. Hope to do this one day to may 94. Money is a big issue being a poor college student. Sometime i have problems finding the money to make fixes.

Keep up the good work definetly gonna watch this one closely.
icehead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #55
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Look what daddy got for his birthday !!!

Who can tell me how to plug it in?

Unread 01-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #56
autoboy454
1989 YJ Wrangler 

i believe things like that come with instruction manuals, it'll prolly have pretty diagrams in there for us simplemind-ers that hate to read the manual part. Anyways have fun burning some welds in the near future! And who owns the stingray vette?
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #57
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoboy454 View Post
i believe things like that come with instruction manuals, it'll prolly have pretty diagrams in there for us simplemind-ers that hate to read the manual part. Anyways have fun burning some welds in the near future! And who owns the stingray vette?
It's mine, a 73 roadster, 350/4speed in elkart green. Completed a mild restoration on it 4 years ago, nothing like this thou...
Unread 01-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #58
jcoty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

where did you get the engine mounts? was it a kit or did you have them custom welded?
jcoty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #59
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

looks great! i had a chance to put a 5.9 in my YJ, but instead i sold the YJ and donor vehicle (totalled 5.9zj)
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 06:45 AM   #60
96liftedzj
2002 WJ 

this build looks sick...i have a 92 YJ 2.5L wit the AX5 thats sitting at my moms house that I need to do something with as she puts it. So doing something with it is taking it and swapping a V8 into it hah...i know this will take a while as I plan to redo the truck but not to the lengths your going...i just dont have the time or the money...am definately interested in where you got your motor mounts and everything to make it fit from?? NOVAK? advanced adapters? I have a guy who welds all my stuff for free but the ease of installing everything would help me out bigtime...was thinking about swapping an entire drivetrain from a 00-newer silverado 5.3 or 6.0 1500 or 2500 pickup engine/tranny/T-case...should be a torque monster and still get 20MPG in the little YJ...i sold my silvy a year ago and the kid wrecked it but to my avail none of the parts are still good...

GOOD LUCK ON THE SWAP!!! LOOKS AMAZING...
96liftedzj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.