post #286 of Old 10-02-2010, 08:26 PM
KA24DET95
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 51
Run steel braided lines or be careful where you run the rubber


If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.
KA24DET95 is offline  
post #287 of Old 10-02-2010, 09:04 PM
rustyjeepguy
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: michigan
Posts: 73
neither just run regular steal lines there easy to bend and get a double flare tool kit and your done. steal braided lines to expensive and rubber lines with barbs i would never they wont last. just use regular steal line bent to fit and your done.
rustyjeepguy is offline  
post #288 of Old 10-02-2010, 10:13 PM
geaganj
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Humble
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick331 View Post
Come on by !!

Sorry your Texans lost, not a big Cowboy fan ( on Cowboys)
But my Steelers did win !!!
No worries, I'm originally from Chicago, just moved down here, so I'm not a Texans fan (though I am rooting for them to do well). Maybe once I get the YJ to pass emissions & safety inspection (damn parking brake), I'll take a road trip out. BTW, I'm diggin the dash!

Jason
'12 Black JK Sport, plenty of plans!!!
'06 Dark Khaki WK, 3.7 w/QTII, 1" BB, 265/70/17 Faulken Rocky Mountains (selling)
'00 Black XJ, 3" RC lift, Safari Rack (sold...I miss it)
'95 Flat Black YJ, 2.5" RC lift w/1" boomerang shackles, Smittybilt front & rear bumpers
geaganj is offline  
post #289 of Old 10-03-2010, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
mavrick331
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyjeepguy View Post
neither just run regular steal lines there easy to bend and get a double flare tool kit and your done. steal braided lines to expensive and rubber lines with barbs i would never they wont last. just use regular steal line bent to fit and your done.
That's what I was thinking..got the tools for it, just need to change the barbs out on the radiator.

Got the radiator cap installed today, man that was a bi*ch, had to hold it with my right hand, keeping it perfectly level, then give 3/4 turn twist, but it fit like a glove.....

Cut the old dash plate up, added luann plywood for the start of my mockup dash...the 96' vette cluster sure takes up alot of space...

Here's the cap install



And the mock plate..

mavrick331 is offline  
post #290 of Old 10-03-2010, 05:27 PM
06camarodude
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick331 View Post
I see no beer in this one. . . Are you slacking on us, or am I really just missing it?

I have to say, that LT1 looks MUCH better in your Jeep than my LT1 does in my '93 Firebird. . . Yours looks new, mine looks like it's coming up on 175k miles. . .

I've been thinking of swapping a SBC of some sort into my YJ when the 4 banger dies, that's probably the route I'll go, that way I can have the best of both worlds. . . A capable 4x4 rig that will go anywhere, but can also get out of it's own way on the street. I'd probably see better gas mileage numbers out of a V8 than the I4 anyway. . . lol

I don't remember, and don't really want to go searching around for it, but what transmission do you have behind that LT1? 700R4/4L60E? Also, it looks like you are running an LT1 F-Body or Corvette steering column, are you also running a stock LT1 PCM, or did you choose to go with a standalone fuel/spark management computer? I have a TON of questions, but don't want to ask too many until I get a chance to read all the way through your thread.

Great work, and I can't wait to see the progress on this one!

Check out my Gun Blog! Click Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline  
post #291 of Old 10-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Opihi59
from here it gets rough
 
Opihi59's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Beyond Honolulu
Posts: 5,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick331 View Post
Got the radiator cap installed today, man that was a bi*ch, had to hold it with my right hand, keeping it perfectly level, then give 3/4 turn twist, but it fit like a glove.....
Just wondering if you made a video clip of the radiator cap install......

....I'm not smart, but I can lift heavy things.......

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline  
post #292 of Old 10-03-2010, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
mavrick331
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06camarodude View Post
I see no beer in this one. . . Are you slacking on us, or am I really just missing it?

I have to say, that LT1 looks MUCH better in your Jeep than my LT1 does in my '93 Firebird. . . Yours looks new, mine looks like it's coming up on 175k miles. . .

I've been thinking of swapping a SBC of some sort into my YJ when the 4 banger dies, that's probably the route I'll go, that way I can have the best of both worlds. . . A capable 4x4 rig that will go anywhere, but can also get out of it's own way on the street. I'd probably see better gas mileage numbers out of a V8 than the I4 anyway. . . lol

I don't remember, and don't really want to go searching around for it, but what transmission do you have behind that LT1? 700R4/4L60E? Also, it looks like you are running an LT1 F-Body or Corvette steering column, are you also running a stock LT1 PCM, or did you choose to go with a standalone fuel/spark management computer? I have a TON of questions, but don't want to ask too many until I get a chance to read all the way through your thread.

Great work, and I can't wait to see the progress on this one!
It's a 4l60e, stock 96' vette column and PCM & BCM

Erdinger Hefe in the lower middle of the gauge cluster..
mavrick331 is offline  
post #293 of Old 10-03-2010, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
mavrick331
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
Just wondering if you made a video clip of the radiator cap install......
My wife was holding the video camara, she just couldn't capture it correctly...
mavrick331 is offline  
post #294 of Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
mavrick331
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 591
Anybody got ideas for a electric fan? I have a Lincoln Mark8, but it's about 2 inches to thick, need something about 3 inches thick, or I'm looking at some heavy mod's on the grill. I really would like to use the Mark 8 fan...


Tommorrow it's off to the exhaust shop...
Rick

Last edited by mavrick331; 10-05-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: added text
mavrick331 is offline  
post #295 of Old 10-05-2010, 07:40 PM
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler
 
jeepsterjc's Avatar
1977 CJ8 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Creston
Posts: 1,983
I put a pusher fan in the front of my rad. It worked great when things got really turin', burnin' and lubricatin'.
It had room to spare between my YJ grill and the rad.
jeepsterjc is offline  
post #296 of Old 10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
HectorM52
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 149
Our Taurus fan on the Griffin radiator keeps ours very cool. Though the fan is two inches taller than the radiator. i'm contemplating getting some Lord Fusor plastic glue to cut the fan shroud down and put back together at the correct size.
HectorM52 is offline  
post #297 of Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
mavrick331
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by HectorM52 View Post
Our Taurus fan on the Griffin radiator keeps ours very cool. Though the fan is two inches taller than the radiator. i'm contemplating getting some Lord Fusor plastic glue to cut the fan shroud down and put back together at the correct size.
This fan very close to yours, but 2 inches larger. My issue with fitting is placement of the engine, using the cradle, I have 5 plus inches to move the engine back without clearance issues but lack front clearance. I need to find out if my hood will even fit the way the radiator is mounted...looks kinda high

Won't know until I get it back from exhaust shop.....

mavrick331 is offline  
post #298 of Old 10-06-2010, 05:59 PM
HectorM52
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 149
The hood should be fine.

Would you consider changing mounts at this point to gain some room up front?

As an LT1 swapper (in my S10) I screwed up by putting mine too far forward and really struggled for years with fitting fans up there and still trying to run an A/C condenser. Like you said, there's plenty of room to move back, so why not do it?

Once you cut your driveshafts it's too late to go back (for free, that is) and then you gotta think about exhaust too. So get it in the "best" position considering ALL options (clearance on both sides, back AND front). I would say even if that means getting different mounts!!

***EDIT***I just looked back to see that you have your driveshafts cut already...so...SORRY for the bad luck!! LOL
HectorM52 is offline  
post #299 of Old 10-06-2010, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
mavrick331
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 591
Correct........ driveshafts are mounted, and exhaust will be done by the morning. I had a few comments of "why did you use the cradle, you get better placement using weld on mounts?" Should have listened...running a rear distributor, this mount would be perfect. Live and learn

I still have other fan options, and still might be able to make the Mark8 fan work..........

Rick
mavrick331 is offline  
post #300 of Old 10-07-2010, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
mavrick331
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 591
Got it back from the exhaust shop, they did an excellent job, better than expected, tail pipes run 3 inches back from end, everthing tucked up neat, nothing bolted to the body. Fair price as well.

If you are near San Antonio, Planet Pickup is the place to go IMO!!!!!





mavrick331 is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
My YJ Build - Yet another build thread!! bluexj YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 28 07-11-2012 12:23 PM
My YJ Build provinT13 YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 1203 06-14-2011 09:29 PM
06flex's build (my build up) 06flex TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 131 07-03-2010 10:26 PM
Build advice for a high-line type build The Rat YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 1 02-11-2009 02:21 PM
how would you build it? dharmabum TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 4 07-27-2006 11:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome