My YJ LT1 build - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My YJ LT1 build

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #286
KA24DET95
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Run steel braided lines or be careful where you run the rubber

Unread 10-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #287
rustyjeepguy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

neither just run regular steal lines there easy to bend and get a double flare tool kit and your done. steal braided lines to expensive and rubber lines with barbs i would never they wont last. just use regular steal line bent to fit and your done.
rustyjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #288
geaganj
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick331 View Post
Come on by !!

Sorry your Texans lost, not a big Cowboy fan ( on Cowboys)
But my Steelers did win !!!
No worries, I'm originally from Chicago, just moved down here, so I'm not a Texans fan (though I am rooting for them to do well). Maybe once I get the YJ to pass emissions & safety inspection (damn parking brake), I'll take a road trip out. BTW, I'm diggin the dash!
'00 Black XJ, 3" RC lift, Safari Rack (sold...I miss it)
'95 Flat Black YJ, 2.5" RC lift w/1" boomerang shackles, Smittybilt front & rear bumpers
geaganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #289
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyjeepguy View Post
neither just run regular steal lines there easy to bend and get a double flare tool kit and your done. steal braided lines to expensive and rubber lines with barbs i would never they wont last. just use regular steal line bent to fit and your done.
That's what I was thinking..got the tools for it, just need to change the barbs out on the radiator.

Got the radiator cap installed today, man that was a bi*ch, had to hold it with my right hand, keeping it perfectly level, then give 3/4 turn twist, but it fit like a glove.....

Cut the old dash plate up, added luann plywood for the start of my mockup dash...the 96' vette cluster sure takes up alot of space...

Here's the cap install

And the mock plate..

mavrick331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #290
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I see no beer in this one. . . Are you slacking on us, or am I really just missing it?

I have to say, that LT1 looks MUCH better in your Jeep than my LT1 does in my '93 Firebird. . . Yours looks new, mine looks like it's coming up on 175k miles. . .

I've been thinking of swapping a SBC of some sort into my YJ when the 4 banger dies, that's probably the route I'll go, that way I can have the best of both worlds. . . A capable 4x4 rig that will go anywhere, but can also get out of it's own way on the street. I'd probably see better gas mileage numbers out of a V8 than the I4 anyway. . . lol

I don't remember, and don't really want to go searching around for it, but what transmission do you have behind that LT1? 700R4/4L60E? Also, it looks like you are running an LT1 F-Body or Corvette steering column, are you also running a stock LT1 PCM, or did you choose to go with a standalone fuel/spark management computer? I have a TON of questions, but don't want to ask too many until I get a chance to read all the way through your thread.

Great work, and I can't wait to see the progress on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #291
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Got the radiator cap installed today, man that was a bi*ch, had to hold it with my right hand, keeping it perfectly level, then give 3/4 turn twist, but it fit like a glove.....
Just wondering if you made a video clip of the radiator cap install......

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #292
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06camarodude View Post
I see no beer in this one. . . Are you slacking on us, or am I really just missing it?

I have to say, that LT1 looks MUCH better in your Jeep than my LT1 does in my '93 Firebird. . . Yours looks new, mine looks like it's coming up on 175k miles. . .

I've been thinking of swapping a SBC of some sort into my YJ when the 4 banger dies, that's probably the route I'll go, that way I can have the best of both worlds. . . A capable 4x4 rig that will go anywhere, but can also get out of it's own way on the street. I'd probably see better gas mileage numbers out of a V8 than the I4 anyway. . . lol

I don't remember, and don't really want to go searching around for it, but what transmission do you have behind that LT1? 700R4/4L60E? Also, it looks like you are running an LT1 F-Body or Corvette steering column, are you also running a stock LT1 PCM, or did you choose to go with a standalone fuel/spark management computer? I have a TON of questions, but don't want to ask too many until I get a chance to read all the way through your thread.

Great work, and I can't wait to see the progress on this one!
It's a 4l60e, stock 96' vette column and PCM & BCM

Erdinger Hefe in the lower middle of the gauge cluster..
Unread 10-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #293
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
Just wondering if you made a video clip of the radiator cap install......
My wife was holding the video camara, she just couldn't capture it correctly...
Unread 10-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #294
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Anybody got ideas for a electric fan? I have a Lincoln Mark8, but it's about 2 inches to thick, need something about 3 inches thick, or I'm looking at some heavy mod's on the grill. I really would like to use the Mark 8 fan...

Tommorrow it's off to the exhaust shop...
Rick

Last edited by mavrick331; 10-05-2010 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: added text
Unread 10-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #295
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

I put a pusher fan in the front of my rad. It worked great when things got really turin', burnin' and lubricatin'.
It had room to spare between my YJ grill and the rad.
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #296
HectorM52
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Our Taurus fan on the Griffin radiator keeps ours very cool. Though the fan is two inches taller than the radiator. i'm contemplating getting some Lord Fusor plastic glue to cut the fan shroud down and put back together at the correct size.
HectorM52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #297
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HectorM52 View Post
Our Taurus fan on the Griffin radiator keeps ours very cool. Though the fan is two inches taller than the radiator. i'm contemplating getting some Lord Fusor plastic glue to cut the fan shroud down and put back together at the correct size.
This fan very close to yours, but 2 inches larger. My issue with fitting is placement of the engine, using the cradle, I have 5 plus inches to move the engine back without clearance issues but lack front clearance. I need to find out if my hood will even fit the way the radiator is mounted...looks kinda high

Won't know until I get it back from exhaust shop.....

Unread 10-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #298
HectorM52
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The hood should be fine.

Would you consider changing mounts at this point to gain some room up front?

As an LT1 swapper (in my S10) I screwed up by putting mine too far forward and really struggled for years with fitting fans up there and still trying to run an A/C condenser. Like you said, there's plenty of room to move back, so why not do it?

Once you cut your driveshafts it's too late to go back (for free, that is) and then you gotta think about exhaust too. So get it in the "best" position considering ALL options (clearance on both sides, back AND front). I would say even if that means getting different mounts!!

***EDIT***I just looked back to see that you have your driveshafts cut already...so...SORRY for the bad luck!! LOL
HectorM52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #299
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Correct........ driveshafts are mounted, and exhaust will be done by the morning. I had a few comments of "why did you use the cradle, you get better placement using weld on mounts?" Should have listened...running a rear distributor, this mount would be perfect. Live and learn

I still have other fan options, and still might be able to make the Mark8 fan work..........

Rick
Unread 10-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #300
mavrick331
Hook em Horns

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Got it back from the exhaust shop, they did an excellent job, better than expected, tail pipes run 3 inches back from end, everthing tucked up neat, nothing bolted to the body. Fair price as well.

If you are near San Antonio, Planet Pickup is the place to go IMO!!!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.