My YJ build/adventures Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My YJ build/adventures Thread

Happy Thursday! From Morris 4X4 CenterHalloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 10-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #16
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Built a house on sand..........
STFU dude. I'm building it into a solid rig. Sorry we can't all have as cool of Jeeps as yours apparently is. But I don't care cuz this one is MINE. Go troll elsewhere. N u know what else is 4 you?? ... DUDES! HA

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

judging by his profile pic it need to be towed to get to places...
Maertz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #18
Jeepsr4me

I guess I did not need to point out the obvious. You started with a piece os **** and slowing working it into something I guess.
I do not follow that philosophy. I get a good starter project with no frame issues and build from there. Seems a waste to stick good on bad.
And for your childish name calling and what not, That does not affect me at all. Cause its stupid is as stupid does, and from what I see.............
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #19
Kidstootall
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I love it when people take time out of their lives to write negative comments on someone's build threads. If you don't follow that philosophy, why are you reading through his build and then taking the time to comment? Seems like a massive waste of time.

Rambo, the Jeep looks like it's coming along great. I guess I do not need to point out the obvious (But I will anyway, right??) Seems like you're learning a lot about your machine and I can relate to that philosophy. Keep up the good work and keep the photographs coming.
Kidstootall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #20
Jeepsr4me

I just hate seeing kids blow huge amounts of funds on stuff when with a little time and research start with a better platform.
I do applaud his go at it attitude.
I could not Imagine what he could have done if he did not have to fix every single damn thing on it. He seems to have the technical experience to do great things Abet childish at times and Naive.
Its not like he got it for free or lives in a country that is not chock full of good starters.
My words are warning to other kids with limited resources that will one day read this, Start with a good foundation and you miles and dollars ahead. I will comment no more, Good luck with this and hell even houses on sand cost a lot now adays...
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #21
Kidstootall
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well, Jeepsr4me, thank you for clarifying. Your other comments came off as really negative and really struck a chord with me.

It's just the flip side of the coin and that's great as well. For certain, one prescription does not necessarily fit everyone.

I think we can both applaud his go at it attitude!
Kidstootall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #22
sdotcarter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hell yeah. Op has done alot with a Jeep already. Gone through alot of terrain, broke and fixed alot of stuff. I actually love the thread because of that. Dudes Jeep is like his wingman.
sdotcarter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #23
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
I just hate seeing kids blow huge amounts of funds on stuff when with a little time and research start with a better platform.
I do applaud his go at it attitude.
I could not Imagine what he could have done if he did not have to fix every single damn thing on it. He seems to have the technical experience to do great things Abet childish at times and Naive.
Its not like he got it for free or lives in a country that is not chock full of good starters.
My words are warning to other kids with limited resources that will one day read this, Start with a good foundation and you miles and dollars ahead. I will comment no more, Good luck with this and hell even houses on sand cost a lot now adays...
It's not about the money or getting the best "platform" to start with for me. For me its the story behind it. I did rush in and buy a Jeep without doing my homework. Your right about that. But it was at a good price, I could do the work myself, and I needed a vehicle within 2 months to pull a trailer 1300 miles across the country and it fit the build. In Wisconsin if it's not rusted and rotted out you buy it.

My Jeep and I have been through a lot in our short year and a half. And I have lots of stories to tell. Which is mainly what I want out of it, a story to tell. The issues are now under control I think I have one of the best running 4.2s out there. Purrs like a kitten. And with the work I've done its got some power to boot. I know it's not ideal but it's a YJ that's how it's supposed to be.

I know how to fix almost anything on it due to where it's come from and what I've done, and where I want to go with it. I know how to build it right and strong and that's just what I plan to do. Little by little. Eventually the frame will go and the engine will blow, when those times come I can buy each and do what I need to do to get it done. This YJ's destiny shows it will be passed down through the generations and that's why I want the story behind it.

Call me crazy, dumb, or stupid whatever you want but that's how I see it. Your comment was out of line and unnecessary IMO. That's why I went off on you. You do know you don't mess with a man and his YJ don't you???

I enjoy working on my YJ the way I look at it . The more work I do the more I know and can help others not tear them down for seeing a Jeep on craigslist falling in love with it jumping on it and having to do a little unforeseen manual labor down the road. At the end of the day it's my Jeep and it's just fine with me. Sorry you don't see things my way

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
Unread 10-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #24
Handsomefloyd
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo3489 View Post
It's not about the money or getting the best "platform" to start with for me. For me its the story behind it. I did rush in and buy a Jeep without doing my homework. Your right about that. But it was at a good price, I could do the work myself, and I needed a vehicle within 2 months to pull a trailer 1300 miles across the country and it fit the build. In Wisconsin if it's not rusted and rotted out you buy it.

My Jeep and I have been through a lot in our short year and a half. And I have lots of stories to tell. Which is mainly what I want out of it, a story to tell. The issues are now under control I think I have one of the best running 4.2s out there. Purrs like a kitten. And with the work I've done its got some power to boot. I know it's not ideal but it's a YJ that's how it's supposed to be.

I know how to fix almost anything on it due to where it's come from and what I've done, and where I want to go with it. I know how to build it right and strong and that's just what I plan to do. Little by little. Eventually the frame will go and the engine will blow, when those times come I can buy each and do what I need to do to get it done. This YJ's destiny shows it will be passed down through the generations and that's why I want the story behind it.

Call me crazy, dumb, or stupid whatever you want but that's how I see it. Your comment was out of line and unnecessary IMO. That's why I went off on you. You do know you don't mess with a man and his YJ don't you???

I enjoy working on my YJ the way I look at it . The more work I do the more I know and can help others not tear them down for seeing a Jeep on craigslist falling in love with it jumping on it and having to do a little unforeseen manual labor down the road. At the end of the day it's my Jeep and it's just fine with me. Sorry you don't see things my way
Unread 11-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #25
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

man you had some bad luck with the shackles on that bad boy!! I think its awesome that you are saving that yj from certain death, by the way I think you are doing a great job on it and it has came along way!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #26
ruckus5-0
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo3489

Keep up the hard work. Good build thread.
ruckus5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #27
wanabejeeper
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Digging the build thread! Heck I bought one with issues cause I wanted to learn how to weld and fix them. Of course I didn't want my son to go and blow the engine on the way home from buying it but stuff happens.... good luck bro and enjoy the trips and memories.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14767780]It goes in that barrel you wheel out to the street once a week.[/QUOTE]

My build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/new-build-thread-867043/[/url]
wanabejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #28
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Took a BIG step in the right direction today. Got my 9" third member all set up. Has a Yukon Pro Nodular case and pinion support. Daytona pinion bearings. Yukon 35 spline full spool. Superior ring and pinion. (Although they were actually factory second Yukon ring and pinion gears) That pissed me off a little. I say factory seconds because the ring gear appeared to have been dropped on the ground or banged on something sharp. I ordered them direct from Superior. Which disappointed me a little.

Anyways here are the pics. It's a thing of beauty.

Heres my pattern. It was tricky to set up because the pinion has one or two tight teeth. Which was also a bit of a let down. But this is the best pattern we could have hoped for considering. Its actually not too bad. Backlash was between .008" and .012".

Drive

Coast

Unread 03-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #29
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Just read the entire thread. Great job!!

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #30
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Wait until I get done with this next round. Cleaning the entire underbody and coating it. Putting a for 9" in the rear and a HP D44 up front all new internals. Waggy Springs for a stretch. Tank mod. 35" meats. Electric fan. New body lift. Drive shafts. SYE. Home brew flat belly skid. All the good stuff.

I'm going broke. But loving every second of it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.