My WTF did I do? Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My WTF did I do? Build

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
dodge16vrt
1998 ZJ 

My WTF did I do? Build

Lets start with the fact I have horrible A.D.D. and get very bored easy. Well I had this extra Jeep that I wasn't doing anything with so I decided to mess with it. Sometimes I think I should have left it alone. I learned it isn't easy to lift a ZJ like it is an old Ramcharger. None the less, it is done.
Lets start with this:
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited, Canadian.
I made the mistake of buying the Zone lift 4 inch and 1 inch spacer. The control arms ended up too short. Ditched them and spent $700 more on Ironman Fab adjustable arms. That fixed my issues and now I can steer.
So I now have a 5 inch lift, 33x12.5x15 on 15x15 wheels. I also added an Imco muffler.

Heres how it started:

Then the lift:

New control arms are in and I pushed the axles out and trimmed front bumper:

I had it aligned. First shop totally screwed it up, Second shop got it right.

dodge16vrt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #2
dodge16vrt
1998 ZJ 

I decided to add a second battery for my HAM gear and inverter. I removed the stock air box, Modded a K&N and installed a battery isolator.

Unread 05-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #3
dodge16vrt
1998 ZJ 

I mounted the CB inside the console. My HAM radio isn't mounted yet but those have remote head units so it will be easy to find a spot for. I put the remote speaker where the ashtray was and the PA speaker is mounted in the front bumper near the horns.

Unread 05-22-2014, 04:15 PM   #4
dodge16vrt
1998 ZJ 

I added front hooks purchased from a JF member, Thank you. I have a spare set of hooks I am mounting in the rear.

Added running boards so my wife doesn't punch me when she cant climb in.

I mounted my VHF/UHF HAM antenna and CB antenna. This is temporary until I get a safari rack for the roof.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.