My WTF did I do? Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My WTF did I do? Build

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
dodge16vrt
1998 ZJ 

My WTF did I do? Build

Lets start with the fact I have horrible A.D.D. and get very bored easy. Well I had this extra Jeep that I wasn't doing anything with so I decided to mess with it. Sometimes I think I should have left it alone. I learned it isn't easy to lift a ZJ like it is an old Ramcharger. None the less, it is done.
Lets start with this:
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited, Canadian.
I made the mistake of buying the Zone lift 4 inch and 1 inch spacer. The control arms ended up too short. Ditched them and spent $700 more on Ironman Fab adjustable arms. That fixed my issues and now I can steer.
So I now have a 5 inch lift, 33x12.5x15 on 15x15 wheels. I also added an Imco muffler.

Heres how it started:

Then the lift:

New control arms are in and I pushed the axles out and trimmed front bumper:

I had it aligned. First shop totally screwed it up, Second shop got it right.

dodge16vrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
dodge16vrt
1998 ZJ 

I decided to add a second battery for my HAM gear and inverter. I removed the stock air box, Modded a K&N and installed a battery isolator.

Unread 05-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
dodge16vrt
1998 ZJ 

I mounted the CB inside the console. My HAM radio isn't mounted yet but those have remote head units so it will be easy to find a spot for. I put the remote speaker where the ashtray was and the PA speaker is mounted in the front bumper near the horns.

Unread 05-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
dodge16vrt
1998 ZJ 

I added front hooks purchased from a JF member, Thank you. I have a spare set of hooks I am mounting in the rear.

Added running boards so my wife doesn't punch me when she cant climb in.

I mounted my VHF/UHF HAM antenna and CB antenna. This is temporary until I get a safari rack for the roof.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.