My TJ's build up. From when I bought it to how it sits now.. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > My TJ's build up. From when I bought it to how it sits now..

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #46
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

dont worry bout it kenbo...the man obvisouly has a chip on his shoulder

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #47
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
I do believe that I am the only Jeep with them (or at least one of the select few). Simply because they aren't really made for Jeeps. I share everything I do to my Jeep for the most part, but I also feel that if everyone shared ALL of their tricks, then nothing would be original. That would be like me handing over the dimensions of the rear bumper I made, just so a company could manufacture it and make money off of it. Just because I'm 20 doesn't mean that I'm naive. Nor does it mean that I am dumb for that matter.
I know they aren't for a Jeep. I have found several close lamps for bikes. I am willing to bet I can find them if I look long enough, but I figured you might be able to save me some time.

Thats cool...be that way, I hope someday I can return the favor.
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #48
sparkeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Can I be the less attractive friend that also has a nice pair of headlights?

(Not AutoLoc BTW)
Toronto, ON, Canada

Last edited by sparkeep; 05-12-2009 at 07:54 PM..
sparkeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #49
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
dont worry bout it kenbo...the man obvisouly has a chip on his shoulder
Your right I do. Just wanted to know about some lights, not get into it with a couple college kids.
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #50
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeep View Post
Can I be the less attractive friend that also has a nice pair of headlights?

(Not AutoNik BTW)
Yeah man, those are sharp! I saw them in a magazine after I got mine. I didn't know where to get those, and I stumbled across mine.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #51
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Apparently so..... The whole Karma thing is true.... Although asking what kind of headlights I have isn't asking for help. Asking me how to change a headlight is asking for help. I would gladly explain to someone how to change a headlight. As for the whole "Why post it if your not going to tell everyone about it!?" I wanted to see what kind of reaction people had toward them. I feel that it is a pretty simple concept, yet clearly since I'm a dumb 20 year old it isn't.
Dont put words in my mouth, I never called you Dumb, I said you were naive to think your the only Jeeper sporting these headlamps.

Theres a whole lot of folks out there with Jeeps that have never logged onto JF. Pretty close minded to think that not one of them couldn't have these lights.
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #52
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Apparently so..... The whole Karma thing is true.... Although asking what kind of headlights I have isn't asking for help. Asking me how to change a headlight is asking for help. I would gladly explain to someone how to change a headlight. As for the whole "Why post it if your not going to tell everyone about it!?" I wanted to see what kind of reaction people had toward them. I feel that it is a pretty simple concept, yet clearly since I'm a dumb 20 year old it isn't.
Yes, you would be HELPING me find out more about these headlamps, as opposed to me having to scour the web, so yes I consider that help.
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #53
sparkeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah man, those are sharp! I saw them in a magazine after I got mine. I didn't know where to get those, and I stumbled across mine.
I had to modify the wiring a lot to make these work decently. The way they work out of the box makes the signal not very noticeable. I had to change it to blink on-off instead of dim-bright. I see yours don't have this problem.
Toronto, ON, Canada
sparkeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #54
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, thats why I went with these lights. I use the inside LED strip for the running lights, and the outside for the blinkers. Worked out pretty well. I wish I could do both sides dim/bright, but it is what it is.
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #55
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well it takes two to tango, and arguments aren't one-sided. If you wanted to know about the lights then simply asking about them is usually a pretty good place to start. From my experience, disrespecting someone right off the bat is a good way to have them tell you to **** in your hat.
Yes it does. Probably should have started there, however...
I had read your stance on keeping it secret and not releasing details. You posted about the lights what 6 days ago or so? So why ask, you had already stated more than once you were keeping things hush hush, and if after 6 days you hadn't released any info why would you now when I ask?
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #56
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Damn... Seriously? You are cracking me for being 20, yet you are 29 and whine like a 7 year old girl who just had a doll taken from her. I wasn't trying to be an *** about the lights, but you are being flat out ridiculous. Stop your crying already. You clearly aren't a very mature 29 year old, and I'm done bickering with you. Good luck with your scouring, and happy wheeling.
And your like the little ****** bag kid who can't share. You didn't have to try, you just were!

Yah my wife says I need to grow up too! Just can't stand people like yourself. Enjoy being exclusive while it lasts. If someone can find me a set of these lights online, I'll buy myself and them a set too just to piss of kenbo.
Thanks for all your help. Only Hope I can return the favor.
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #57
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I dont think it would piss him off really..they are just lights..get over yourself

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #58
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
I dont think it would piss him off really..they are just lights..get over yourself
Ahh, if it does the least little bit it will be worth it. Maybe if I luck out it'll piss you off a bit too!
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #59
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You find the lights, you deserve to tell everyone where to get them.
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #60
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sorry i dont get mad when people get nice things unlike someone here. You are 29 years old. act like it. I feel like i am your father right now. You are grounded for the next week.

no more...dont feed the troll

Quote:
-Zach

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.